Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Last month, I made Reservations to fly down to Ft. Myers for the Winter.  I paid in order to pick our seats.  About 2 weeks ago,  I got flight change details, and Special instructions that stated:  as a result of this change, unless mentioned above, any seats selected in the original booking may not be confirmed for the changed flight.  If you reserved a paid seat, please contact  the airline to ensure it is transferred to your new flight.  This has never happened to us before (not that we fly very often).  There's been a lot going on around here and I never did get around to checking.  Can I do this online, or do I have to call JetBlue by phone?

Good luck getting someone on the phone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I hate Royal's IT dept... It is astounding to me that a company worth over 50 billion dollars can't even handle simple IT issues.

I just received an email that my UDP has been cancelled.  I certainly didn't cancel it.  The cruise planner is closed so I can't repurchase it, I board the ship in about 36 hours... What a joke!

This is exactly what you don't want to have to deal with immediately after boarding the ship.

I emailed the suite concierge so we'll see if he can sort this but C'mon... How hard can some of this very simple stuff be.

LOL

So the suite concierge says that because of the cabin upgrade via RoyalUp the $200 OBC that I used to pay for part of the UDP dropped off.  Of course this is nonsense.  Royalup has nothing to do with any OBC. It have and should have no impact on it at all.

He's dealing with shoreside now. 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

LOL

So the suite concierge says that because of the cabin upgrade via RoyalUp the $200 OBC that I used to pay for part of the UDP dropped off.  Of course this is nonsense.  Royalup has nothing to do with any OBC. It have and should have no impact on it at all.

Good thing you have a suite concierge that can help.🤞🤞

• Like 5

On 10/26/2024 at 5:29 AM, BonTexasNY said:

OK I know people on here are getting sick of my phone issues. 

Not at all... happy to (attempt to) help!!!  Technology is amazing, but it is NOT always user-friendly.  (Kinda like cruising.... look at how much we know (and take for granted) about cruising now compared to our very first cruise!  If nobody ever shows you or explains anything, how are you supposed to find out???)

I don't remember, what app are you using to send messages?  Is it the Android/Google "Messages" app, or something built into your phone by the manufacturer (like Samsung) or your carrier (like Verizon)? 

If you're using just the Google Messages app, you may need to tell it to use MMS if it can't use RCS.

Settings
Apps
Additional settings in the app
RCS chats... scroll to Automatically resend as text (SMS/MMS) and turn it on

Depending on the software version your phone is using, there may be different ways to get to that point. 

If the way I listed above isn't working (you don't have the same options to select), try just searching for MMS or RCS when you're in the settings... if it gives you an option for RCS chats, look in there.  

My phone screen cracked/shattered the second day into my 12 days of cruising (I had JUST put a new screen protector on it, but it fell and landed in some decorative rocks in the Solarium, and a sharp rock hit the corner of the glass in the 1mm space between the case and the screen protector!). I got home last night and my newly ordered phone was here waiting for me.  (I had been thinking about replacing my 4yo phone with this new model, but just hadn't pulled the trigger yet... my phone made the decision for me!) 

I spent much of last night and most of this morning trying to get the settings all tweaked the way I want them, and that's even with the new phone automatically transferring EVERYTHING over for me. The new phone even put all my icons for my apps in the exact same places on the exact same screens for me, but I'm STILL trying to get everything tweaked the way I want it.  

Technology was a lot simpler when we just had flip phones.... but it's a lot more useful now that it's more complicated!

• Like 5

We have had a sunny but a little chilly weather this weekend.    Round 1 of leaves started yesterday.    Most of the ones mulched & bagged came from neighbors.   Our large maple tree has barely changed color yet.      

I was changing over closets for winter and cleaned out 10 large trash bags for purple heart donations (pick up tomorrow).    I was on a roll and cleaned out blankets (how many do you really need), coats, sweatshirts, handbags, clothes (including some mens and womens business suits that will never be worn again), etc etc.    I am now pleased with the re-organization of our closets while helping those in need.  

I have one large bag of towels, bath rugs and small throw blankets that I will drop off at a local pet shelter.  

I didn't get any pictures but our cats were a Big Help😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 12

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

One more birthday wish Graham....Have a WONDERFUL birthday! And send us some pictures of your celebration.

3 hours ago, George C said:

Another happy birthday Graham 

41 minutes ago, MancGirl21 said:

@grapau27 Wishing you a very happy birthday 🥳 hope you made the most of the extra hour!

12 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Happy Birthday @grapau27 Graham!!!🎂😃

Thank you Friends for the happy birthday wishes.

Pauline, Sarah,Kev and myself had a lovely lunch at Lumley castle.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good thing you have a suite concierge that can help.🤞🤞

He said that he has gotten shoreside to put the $200 OBC back on the account and that when we get on board he will try and get the restaurant dept to charge me the same amount that I paid for in the cruise planner.  Here's hoping he does more than try. 🙂 

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Friends for the happy birthday wishes.

Pauline, Sarah,Kev and myself had a lovely lunch at Lumley castle.

Oh I have heard tales of Lady Lumley in my childhood! If I was acting a bit too "nose in the air" and affluent ish, my grandmother used to tell me I was acting like Lady Lumley!!!! I thought Lady Lumley was fictitious, but now you mentioned Lumley Castle.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

He said that he has gotten shoreside to put the $200 OBC back on the account and that when we get on board he will try and get the restaurant dept to charge me the same amount that I paid for in the cruise planner.  Here's hoping he does more than try. 🙂 

Good Luck and hope it works out.
We had a similar ridiculous thing happen at Celebrity a few days back. No upgrades were involved. I had read somewhere that the system does this if you add or delete something from the cruise planner very close to the cruise involving OBC......but that should not be the excuse for terrible IT.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Good luck, Dave!  Hopefully it all works out for you!🤞

• Like 2

We have been doing that acorn and leaf battle for a month now. At least our acorns are almost done now.  Just bought 100 bags yesterday to bag leaves tomorrow. 

Yesterday was cold and windy at the football field.  Grandson’s team was in the championship game, after going undefeated all season.  He had a good game and hooked up with his favorite receiver for a couple TD passes.  

They won the game and were all awarded championship rings.

• Like 15

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

LOL

So the Royalup actually cost you $200 more than you though. Really bush league for RCI to not contact you to see how you wanted to proceed.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We have been doing that acorn and leaf battle for a month now. At least our acorns are almost done now.  Just bought 100 bags yesterday to bag leaves tomorrow. 

Yesterday was cold and windy at the football field.  Grandson’s team was in the championship game, after going undefeated all season.  He had a good game and hooked up with his favorite receiver for a couple TD passes.  

They won the game and were all awarded championship rings.

Mulching mower?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I love Florida "snow"

20241027_143108.thumb.jpg.01274e59a6024212d08ff39cb9a564d6.jpg

Ahhhh, Cotton!  It's so beautiful!  We drove by fields of it just the other day, and I wanted to jump out of the car and get some!  (But I behaved myself)

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

It’s just the usual around here.  Charlie hasn’t been feeling well for the past week.  Thanks for noticing!!!

I hope he starts feeling better soon.  I wish you guys could cruise again. Odyssey is coming to Bayonne soon and would have loved to see you guys again.  DH is traveling for work almost weekly, so we shall see if I just have to meet him in NJ for our upcoming cruise lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I love Florida "snow"

20241027_143108.thumb.jpg.01274e59a6024212d08ff39cb9a564d6.jpg

13 minutes ago, derorim said:

Ahhhh, Cotton!  It's so beautiful!  We drove by fields of it just the other day, and I wanted to jump out of the car and get some!  (But I behaved myself)

We were driving through the fields in SC this morning and really wanted to stop for a sample.  Some of the fields have already been harvested, what's the harm in taking a sample from one of those that they missed?? Behaved myself as well.  Neat seeing it though.

• Like 6