Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

So, with our taking the grandkids on a cruise this summer, Susan wants to encourage duck hiding.  She thinks the kids will have fun with that.  Not saying I approve, but after getting this email today, I volunteered to pick up some ducks.

IMG_6913.thumb.jpeg.7194398f5d5035f655dbe9db29f9c4e6.jpegIMG_6914.thumb.jpeg.41587e63813373c28789ee441095c55e.jpeg

I wonder how many she needs?  My work may be cut out for me.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

I just thought I'd post about something that always makes me feel happy....

When I open the RCI app and I see that I have a reservation in it... no matter how long it is to sailaway day.😀

• Like 28

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Same here...

@ReneeFLL

+ 1 

************************************************************************************************************

.... and I'm still sick as a cat/dog. Must be a wild type of flu.

Very frustrating.

I hope you feel better soon Dani. Please rest and hydrate.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

.... and I'm still sick as a cat/dog. Must be a wild type of flu.

Very frustrating.

Having the flu is no joke.😔   I've had it really bad twice in my adult life and it was miserable.  I feel for you, Dani.  I do hope you start to feel better quickly.🌹

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I learned that lesson the hard way. I lost my first cat due to her eating a flower arrangement I had gotten that was on my kitchen table. She ended up having to be put down because I had no idea about flowers and their toxicity to pets. Now I don’t have any live flowers in the house.

That’s interesting. I never heard of the ice cube trick.

I hope you feel better.

So sorry you lost a pet that way.
The ice cube instructions came on the tag with the orchid pot. I never knew about it either, till then.

• Like 2

Last night I got the phone call that I unfortunately was expecting.  My dear friend Lois had fallen about a month ago and fractured her pelvis, and had been in the hospital since then.  I called her son when I returned from our cruise last week to see how she was doing, and he told me she was now in Hospice, and didn't have much longer to live.

Lois has been mine and Jim's friend since 2002, when she and her husband bought their Condo two months after we had bought ours.  Lois turned 92 this past November, and had the sharpest mind and memory of anyone I have ever known.  I will miss her phone calls, and our yearly visits down the New Jersey Shore.  

• Like 19

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Last night I got the phone call that I unfortunately was expecting.  My dear friend Lois had fallen about a month ago and fractured her pelvis, and had been in the hospital since then.  I called her son when I returned from our cruise last week to see how she was doing, and he told me she was now in Hospice, and didn't have much longer to live.

Lois has been mine and Jim's friend since 2002, when she and her husband bought their Condo two months after we had bought ours.  Lois turned 92 this past November, and had the sharpest mind and memory of anyone I have ever known.  I will miss her phone calls, and our yearly visits down the New Jersey Shore.  

Very sorry about your friend. I am sending you comforting hugs and prayers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Sorry to hear about your dear friend.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh Maryann I am sorry you lost your dear Lois!  May all of your cherished memories give you comfort!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Sorry to read this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Sorry to read that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So many different plants are toxic to pets that I don't allow any live ones in the house. I also never allowed any chemicals on the lawn as long as I had my previous dog. I'm pretty convinced that is partly why she lived to be 16 yo which is not common at all for a Weimaraner.

I was dropping off a book to a street library yesterday whilst the owner of the house was spraying his grass out the front.  A guy walking his dog stopped and informed the owner in a polite manner that the spray he was using was toxic to dogs.

• Like 2

Just woke up early from the weirdest nightmare about sailing on the oldest ship in the Princess fleet.  It was boarding day and I was exploring from bottom to top this very very strangely designed ship.  Weird where your mind takes you in your sleep…

Then my friend texted me to tell me that her husband just woke her at 6.25am  so they and another couple could hide Easter eggs when the sun rises for the 12 kids they are currently camping with.  Not only an Easter tradition but a necessity with the beautiful weather we have had this weekend. It was a lovely warm 30C yesterday.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Maryann.

I'm so sorry to hear your very sad news about your dear friend Lois.

d9e8059d618a72f40cc0e3badbd37b4f.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last night I got the phone call that I unfortunately was expecting.  My dear friend Lois had fallen about a month ago and fractured her pelvis, and had been in the hospital since then.

Maryann, sorry to read this. If I remember well, last year Lois made a miraculous recovery. Don't give up hope. Huge hugs (((( ))))

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm so sorry to hear this. When they said my dad was hospice, I said how do you know if he isnt sick, but they said they knew. I hate when hospice is called in. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

PS Dani get over that flu. Please ♥️♥️♥️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2