Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Tomorrow evening we will be celebrating the birthday of my youngest granddaughter.She will be 13 on Saturday and is spending that day with her many friends.

Tomorrow,she and family ,including my grand puppy will be in my house for an immediate family celebration.The cousin of my grand puppy,my grand dog will also be here with his humans.

Happy Birthday wishes to your granddaughter, Lenny!  Enjoy your get-together!  She is a fellow Leo...I will be celebrating my Birthday on Sunday.😉

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Won 5 lottery tickets in a Chinese auction at a car cruise. 4 were winners. 

44CCC680-2B82-4C45-B05A-0DCF95D8C4CB.jpeg

You are one lucky lady, Sue!

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am summer girl but hate the humidity when it's this bad!

I'm with you, Debbie!!!   Phew!

• Like 1

95 today with 65% humidity here in NJ.  Living in the Dallas area I'd forgotten about such high uncomfy humidity.  Seems like most back East are experiencing less than ideal weather. Grands don't mind the heat and bike all over the property, grandson to his friend's house. Really way to hot to do anything outdoors, for me and Jack anyway.

@lenquixote66 Lenny enjoy your family gathering and congrats on your granddaughter's teen birthday.

We'll be here for another 2 weeks. Time is really going quickly so we want to enjoy being with our family as much as possible.

Not sure I mentioned this but we met with our very good friends of 42 years for a 3-hour lunch yesterday.  We had a lot to catch up on and in-person is the best way.  They just sold their house in Rockland County and are relocating to Delray in FL which means we won't see them on future trips back East. They'll be joining us on Bella's Cruise. Yea!

Chocolate chat, very yummy. Make that more than yummy.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

95 today with 65% humidity here in NJ

OOhh, the humidity... I'm practically dripping water. Hot and humid -- that's what you get when living near the beach... 😟

So glad you enjoy your stay (time fly by quickly is the surest parameter) and meeting long time friends is such a huge bonus 🥰.

Is it too long to drive from your house to Delray?

• Like 2

So what to do to wind down the summer of fun when the heat index is 102°?   We spent our day in the Flats in Cleveland.  

Made our lunch stop at Margaritaville.  It is a pretty wide open space, and for a Thursday lunchtime crowd, it wasn’t too busy. 

A05F604E-EFA6-4EBC-A7D9-0978455E3921.thumb.jpeg.340e011e191d5e2d7b7b3225e18f2a87.jpeg

Grandson did a little relaxing in the beach chair. 

4F822032-2B01-498A-8CCD-C4A1FBFB8D89.thumb.jpeg.692f62d6ff3996b7f497c01108340acd.jpeg

This was my first visit to the Cleveland Margaritaville, so I thought I would try their Cuban.  

EF1D7D77-0D01-40BB-8DBC-1D40E6F02D21.thumb.jpeg.0c147942821ba2f96e30e84964952751.jpeg

It wasn’t too bad, but the one they make at Margaritaville in Falmouth, Jamaica is much better. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So what to do to wind down the summer of fun when the heat index is 102°?   We spent our day in the Flats in Cleveland.  

Made our lunch stop at Margaritaville.  It is a pretty wide open space, and for a Thursday lunchtime crowd, it wasn’t too busy. 

A05F604E-EFA6-4EBC-A7D9-0978455E3921.thumb.jpeg.340e011e191d5e2d7b7b3225e18f2a87.jpeg

Grandson did a little relaxing in the beach chair. 

4F822032-2B01-498A-8CCD-C4A1FBFB8D89.thumb.jpeg.692f62d6ff3996b7f497c01108340acd.jpeg

This was my first visit to the Cleveland Margaritaville, so I thought I would try their Cuban.  

EF1D7D77-0D01-40BB-8DBC-1D40E6F02D21.thumb.jpeg.0c147942821ba2f96e30e84964952751.jpeg

It wasn’t too bad, but the one they make at Margaritaville in Falmouth, Jamaica is much better. 

I prefer the one in Ocho Rios , it has a swim up bar. I think I have done all of the ones In Jamaica 

• Like 2

After lunch, since it was hot, we decided to walk along the Cuyahoga River.  Fortunately, it was not on fire today.  

0CCB09D8-D486-4373-B86C-2DF7A29E2A8E.thumb.jpeg.d21f3fd72342712f6a31563860a305e8.jpeg

We walked to the Cleveland Aquarium, which is located in the old Waterworks building.   It isn’t the largest aquarium we have been to, but the setup in this old building made it interesting. 

798BD958-9519-49B8-ACAF-FD515AE106F2.thumb.jpeg.4dc4bad47d0769598e5d42fbe8b87a33.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is so humid here in PA, they are saying feel like 105 today and will feel like 110 tomorrow then storms followed by cool front to put us back into the mid/high 80's for the weekend.      

I don't think I have had to water the garden since Saturday or Sunday as we have had storms blow thru every night this week with the heat and humidity.      

I am summer girl but hate the humidity when it's this bad!

Here in Arkansas it pretty much stays humid and hot.  We have not had rain the last several days. We have a cool front coming too with a chance of rain tomorrow evening and Saturday .  After tomorrow the weather forecast says it should stay below 90 the rest of the year!  
We will be packing jackets when we head to Lake Erie in a couple weeks.

• Like 2

Getting on a plane for the first time in more than 1.5 years early tomorrow to fly to Buffalo.  Not looking forward to wearing a mask again for 5 hours but I'll survive.  My nephew is getting married this weekend.  I'll be able to get my fix for wings and beef on weck...the real kind, not the stuff that they serve in the Park Cafes.  I might also need to have a Labatt Blue for my Canadian friends here.  Maybe even an Extra Stock if I can find one.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Jimmy Buffet is a (rich) genius.

Not too shabby, for a son of a son of a sailor.  

One could/may not have written his script of life much better than how it turned out.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Getting on a plane for the first time in more than 1.5 years early tomorrow to fly to Buffalo.  Not looking forward to wearing a mask again for 5 hours but I'll survive.  My nephew is getting married this weekend.  I'll be able to get my fix for wings and beef on weck...the real kind, not the stuff that they serve in the Park Cafes.  I might also need to have a Labatt Blue for my Canadian friends here.  Maybe even an Extra Stock if I can find one.

Safe travels and enjoy the wedding. Wings and beer too.  In fact have one for me. 🙂

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I gained more weight with wings and beef on weck than I did on my cruise a couple of weeks before 😢😢, have fun. 

The aquarium had one of the tunnels you walk through, and the fish swim over you. 

F7601414-8EA4-4D08-95F9-82F9890BEC33.thumb.jpeg.46b0519e97256b1f6be8425c7daa9e68.jpeg

They even have some pretty big sharks

0D693CFD-F093-49EE-BC6C-7FA87ECE95EE.thumb.jpeg.fc359c17bcb689d7af6f8a2853bd4222.jpeg

And to follow @harryfat1bathroom photos, here are a couple.  

41D9840C-A5C6-456B-8BD1-B4CD509E4457.thumb.jpeg.847d017394d49465dea4acd290a9a436.jpeg

AA0C246E-3473-42EE-AFCE-F2D9074A6873.thumb.jpeg.05b267d1e9a656dc26e6b98379d4a790.jpeg

They had a bunch of rays that you could touch as they swim by.  Grandson would not stick his hand in there. 

3DAE4E46-6C12-414E-AB71-DE30D4EAF6FA.thumb.jpeg.1db93f2f63ee38102b5c07ac44664bbc.jpeg

E2A0C512-B128-4DE6-B381-FDE307F9DF53.thumb.jpeg.da3b74984d73d40c1770a4656cceca8b.jpeg

I seem to be having a problem uploading photos and videos, so I will probably stop here. 

We are all settled in at our airport hotel, ready for our flight to San Francisco in the morning.  It looks like we aren’t the only ones who thought it would be a good idea to fly on a Friday the 13th. 

• Like 10

OK, anyone watching the Yankees Sox game tonight?  This Field of Dreams ball game has me by the heart strings. What a movie.

Last year my car tour would have been 30 miles away from Dyersville Iowa, in June.  I planned on going to the Field of Dreams, and taking it in. In fact you can stay overnight in the house from the movie and it was available when I was to be there.

Unfortunately, Covid messed that all up, but tonight makes me realize that I need to get there and take Lisa and Owen.

Get the Kleenex. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

OK, anyone watching the Yankees Sox game tonight?  This Field of Dreams ball game has me by the heart strings. What a movie.

Last year my car tour would have been 30 miles away from Dyersville Iowa, in June.  I planned on going to the Field of Dreams, and taking it in. In fact you can stay overnight in the house from the movie and it was available when I was to be there.

Unfortunately, Covid messed that all up, but tonight makes me realize that I need to get there and take Lisa and Owen.

Get the Kleenex. 

Wouldn’t that be a most memorable trip?!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Get the Kleenex. 

We watched the hour special before the game.  It was really cool how the teams entered through the corn rows.  I was getting emotion with Kevin Costner's speech.   Eric is watching the game.  I was more interested in the pregame show.

I'm rooting for the Sox to win!

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Jimmy Buffet is a (rich) genius.

44 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Not too shabby, for a son of a son of a sailor.  

One could/may not have written his script of life much better than how it turned out.

And his sister Lucy is following along.  We have a Lulu's close by, Lucy Buffets restaurant, think this is her 3rd, met her when they opened after years ago, she is here quite often.  Big tourists place but grandkids love it when here.  Also have Margaritaville and Landshark not too far away.  

1 minute ago, akcruz said:

And his sister Lucy is following along.  We have a Lulu's close by, Lucy Buffets restaurant, think this is her 3rd, met her when they opened after years ago, she is here quite often.  Big tourists place but grandkids love it when here.  Also have Margaritaville and Landshark not too far away.  

Let’s not forget the books and concerts too.

To think he got a guitar in the beginning to meet girls at parties, and look where he ended up.  He is a machine.  Now he really can sailing away, to enjoy the simple life.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Let’s not forget the books and concerts too.

To think he got a guitar in the beginning to meet girls at parties, and look where he ended up.  He is a machine.  Now he really can sailing away, to enjoy the simple life.

I have a guitar. It didn't do much for me.😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have a guitar. It didn't do much for me.😏

I bet Jimmy didn’t go to a dairy farm in college either. If he had, he might have a hard time selling all those cheese burgers in paradise. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Birthday wishes to your granddaughter, Lenny!  Enjoy your get-together!  She is a fellow Leo...I will be celebrating my Birthday on Sunday.😉

You are one lucky lady, Sue!

I'm with you, Debbie!!!   Phew!

I am a double Leo,born July 24 and named after my grandfather who was named Leo.

Happy 39 th.birthday to you

• Like 1