Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I want to say how impressed I am with this thread, due in no small part to Dani. Her grace and hostessing ability in probably her third or fourth language is staggering.

For you, Dani 💐!

So glad you were able to surprise your daughter for her baby shower, and how exciting it will be next month when your meet your new grandson!  Congratulations to your daughter on attaining her Bachelors Degree!

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening everyone.

It has been a nice 70°F and sunny all day.

Pauline was at the hairdresser's this morning.

Afterwards we called at a large retail centre.

From here we went to Newcastle port and saw lots of people getting on board Marella Explorer 2 formerly known as Celebrity Century.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

IMG_20210813_162541.jpg

IMG_20210813_162534.jpg

Thank you  Graham for sharing the pictures of the ship.  I can never see enough cruise ships!!!!!

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I'll try to reply in my best English, so, pls., bear with me --

Remember, my first sentence was: 

"....So, instead of a port day in Zeebruge (on board of the brand new Celebrity Apex), I've cleaned the fridge....😁

Every one has his ways of tackling adversity....Mine is humor. One of the nicest sentences I've learned here is: "... lemons -- make lemonade" [the gist of it...].

ALL of us have been thrown into an unprecedented and unknown situation/reality and had our previous life thrown upside down.

In many instances -- actually losing control, depending upon others, suffering human losses.

It helps enormously "talking" with people from other countries, from other ways of life, from other cultures, from other mentality. 

You can easily say: "If you struggle with the new reality, talk with a professional, not with a 'bunch of strangers'' ".

My reply would be: "Talking here works for me. A professional is also a stranger, more skilled, sure, but -- still a stranger". [Professionals -- in the words of @OnTheJourney - "no offense meant"].

Or in other words: "happy thread (or not)" -- bottom line -- 17 months "on the front pages" and counting 😉

Seems IT works for others too....😁

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Dani!  You are the Best!!!  What you have done for all of us by starting this wonderful thread is so very awesome, I'm having trouble finding the right words to describe how appreciative I am for your warm friendship and wisdom.  Just look what you did for me....I'm not tech savvy at all, and you've taught me how to triple + quote, among other things!!!  Love you, Dani!

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Beautifully said Dani.  I found talking to someone who is not directly involved in my drama is a big help.  Now for my drama:

We are going on the simulation voyage of the Oasis.  When I went into the cruise planner it said cruise was canceled. So, being the calm person I am, I immediately panicked. After many inquiries I was informed that this was info from the original 8/22 sailing which was canceled. Phew.  I am now having a martini or two🤪

Marietta, you and Charlie are going to get to have more than a martini or two once you are on the ship next week!  The prices for the Oasis are so reasonable right now, if Jim wasn't having his operation in September, I would've loved to book on her!

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’ll echo the others, very well said Dani.  

There are plenty of other threads on this site for someone looking to argue. 

Amen to that!!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's awesome so much fun!

Never gets old, although some of the members have change over the years, the quality never  diminishes.  

First time I saw them was at the Beacon Theater in NYC. Glamorous,  old time movie palace from the 1920s. Even the cheap seats had a great view. So close to the band, practically on top of them, felt like you could touch them.  I don't remember flames but the lasers can close to my head a few times. 🥺

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

You are too funny,  Thank you, Lenny!!  

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

You are too funny,  Thank you, Lenny!!  

This is my last post for today/tonight.My family should be here in a few minutes.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening.😀

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

Yes, as you can tell from all the blue wrapping paper, it’s a grandson.

Awesome. As a mom of twoboyz, and nana of twograndzoons, I'm "partial" to .... sons 😁

Sorry I didn't notice the "tell tale" blue wrapping paper -- and I'll explain.

The concept of "baby shower" is known to me only from books, magazines, TV.

It doesn't "exist" here, people being very superstitious about anything done before birth. It is thought to bring bad luck.... As I've previously mentioned, different cultures and mentalities.

"What about all the necessities for the [new] baby?" you ask.

Ohh, glad you've asked.... In line with the "mentality", the expecting couple goes to a baby shop (or more), makes the command, and everything will be delivered after the birth.

NOTHING will be in their house before.

After the 1st baby, of course there will be in the house clothes, furniture, accessories, etc., but nothing new will be added before the birth of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on.

Same goes with wishing someone "happy b'day" ahead of time....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Dani.

This thread been a pleasure to participate in for 17 month's.

I think we have created a strong bond between us and made many friends because of your fantastic thread .... and hopefully for a long time to come.

Many thanks.

Graham x.

Thank you, Graham, I hope so too. 

However, with my quirky sense of humor, and paraphrasing "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", I'd like to combine it with "cruise, don't [just] post [in this thread/CC]".

Me thinks we'd all like to resume cruising ASAP,  yesterday like....😉

xx

• Like 5

8 hours ago, George C said:

I didn’t like the ending but cool game , some of the tickets sold for over a thousand, would be nice to have this as a annual event. 

I heard the face value was $375 to $475 but they were selling online for up to $1400 on seatguru, etc.   

IMO the timing was perfect to watch a ballgame in the Field of Dreams.

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We had a great time: We saw mostly all the places below from the movie.  The Falls that you saw in the background during the Baseball Game was amazing !

http://twilightgirlportland.com/multnomah-fallsbaseball-field-view/

We went to Cannon Beach too, where one of the beach scenes was filmed from the movie.

The actual places where Twilight was filmed take place in both Oregon and Washington so you’ll have to plan your time accordingly. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, we were only able to visit locations in Oregon:

• The Swan house (St. Helens)
  • Parking lot where Edward saves Bella (St. Helens)
  • Thunderbird & Whale Bookstore (St. Helens)
  • Alley (St. Helens)
  • Bloated Toad restaurant (St. Helens)
  • Petite Jolie – Angel Hair Salon (St. Helens)
  • Jilly’s (Not a filming location but where they got the prom dresses and set decor from) (St. Helens)
  • Multnomah Falls (Corbett)
  • Carver Cafe (Damascus)
  • The View Point Inn (Corbett)
  • Cullen House (Portland)
  • Ballerina Studio (Portland)
  •  

Sounds like an amazing trip with so much to see and do.    Hopefully you get to go back again someday soon to see more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The first time I was in Curaçao I bought a yukky shirt only because I was not sure if I was coming back.The second time there was 25 years later and there were more stores I bought a good quality one.

On another topic :Are you familiar with The Bert Wills Band ?I saw him in Texas in 2006 and have been telling people about him since then.Nobody in NY ever heard of this guy.He released 10 albums ,I have them all.

He has been around since the 70’s,a great Southern Rock band.

My wife and I were talking last night how we want to go back Curaçao.  Remember the moving bridge?  After posting about the Curaçao t-shirt we went swimming with the kids.  I got the shirt all wet and so now I am in St. Thomas t-shirt which we are headed to in October.  It will be our first time iona Symphony.  Really looking forward to being on it and updating the t-shirts. 😂 

I am not familiar with Bert Wills Band.  Although I now live in Arkansas, I lived in the Akron/Cleveland Ohio area during my younger days when I enjoyed the 60s/70s music.  Funny thing is I attended a farm concert south of the Cincinnati bridge. One of the bands playing was Black Oak Arkansas.  It was a band I never heard of and I probably couldn’t tell you where Arkansas was at the time!  
A country/Southern rock band which I love is the Allman Brothers.  I am surprised that as much as bands have been talked about here I don’t remember the Allman Brothers mentioned.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

When my job site got moved to Florida in 1976,  I elected to drive.  When I got here, I vowed never to do that drive ever again ( I95 not completed through Georgia).  kept that promise for 10 years.

What made you "change your mind"?

I wish I could drive everywhere instead of flying....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I just came back from Ottawa. My daughter had a baby shower, hosted by her mother-in-law. I was a surprise addition- my daughter wanted me there, but felt that it was an unreasonable request. My husband disagreed, so about 10 days before the shower I booked tickets! My son in law and his mom knew I was coming, but we didn’t tell Amanda. Here I am with the presents!C6C0690F-3A80-4333-BBF2-38C7E2F529C7.thumb.jpeg.5b6e82c3659d3e1783161171522f44f3.jpegT

I did a lot of laundry, washed dishes and did what I could to make it easier for her for a few days. I’ll be back next month for the birth.
There also puppies- so many puppies. Amanda’s German Shepherd had 8 puppies. They are adorable, but so much work! If anyone in the Ottawa area wants a puppy…3E4D6B6C-A0D3-4702-B232-D396B0F1260F.thumb.jpeg.4d2e9054208974d5aebfbe64dc865dd7.jpega

5FAF13AE-2C00-4C8F-AAA2-BD2AD64FCB6D.jpeg

Everyone is beautiful.   Mom to be is glowing, so is Grand ma to be.     I am sure she was is so happy you were there for her shower.

Adorable puppy.  I would love to adopt but I am nowhere near there and not sure my 2 cats would be happy about that.    While actually Sparky would probably love a puppy.

• Like 2

We woke up in Cleveland this morning for an early flight to San Francisco.  We stayed at the Sheraton at the airport, so we only had 2 minutes from there to the terminal.  

I wish I would have been fast with my camera, because there was a gentleman strolling through that would have put CLR to shame.  A purple paisley suit with matching boots, purple hat, purple cane, and it looked like he bought out the gold by the inch rack.  Susan thought he may have been somebody, because he received the VIP treatment at security.  

Meanwhile, we made our way through, and had to wait as one of our carry on bags got pulled for extra security.  Grandson had raided a stash of quarters to take home to his piggy bank.  We knew it would happen, because it happened to us once before when we were carrying a coin collection.  We saw it on the X-ray as they studied the dark mass. 

We made it through and waited to board our United flight. 

6A7CC041-5D31-4C9D-8F31-9289FECD94A6.thumb.jpeg.93384473cf6f27cc98149748c65dc656.jpeg

We kept seeing all the videos and emails on the extra lengths United was going to, to clean their aircraft. Well, it looked clean, until I started searching for the power outlets under or between the seats.  Hmm, no outlet here, but lots of “snacks” on this ledge. 

061D85AC-7F18-4C34-9BFC-D385ABD4F261.thumb.jpeg.eff09f9326c0981bac92c3fc999c3cec.jpeg

Found the outlets, but also found more goodies by the seat tracks. 

B3C70C27-F81D-4261-A22E-09B741ACA339.thumb.jpeg.5dbfc5061274b77eb8a91081554a8743.jpeg

We finally arrived and crossed the Golden Gate on the way to our son’s house. 

4A276F45-B229-4677-88AB-F7ABADBDC496.thumb.jpeg.38430a9ef1ac9b59bf0cfd323d9f77a1.jpeg

Welcome to California, land of high gas prices. 

14D34640-B518-4740-9838-848ACAE15C51.thumb.jpeg.5bfb362cb37588aa7c30dc764bbd7530.jpeg

So today, grandson is back with his parents, and we are enjoying a little family time.  

• Like 17

55 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Never gets old, although some of the members have change over the years, the quality never  diminishes.  

First time I saw them was at the Beacon Theater in NYC. Glamorous,  old time movie palace from the 1920s. Even the cheap seats had a great view. So close to the band, practically on top of them, felt like you could touch them.  I don't remember flames but the lasers can close to my head a few times. 🥺

We had great seats to see Todd Rundgren Beacon May 2020, who had just seen a few months before on a charter cruise, of course this was canceled. Hope to see him in the future he was amazing on our Celebrity Infinity cruise. He also just got elected to rock and roll hall of fame.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

We woke up in Cleveland this morning for an early flight to San Francisco.  We stayed at the Sheraton at the airport, so we only had 2 minutes from there to the terminal.  

I wish I would have been fast with my camera, because there was a gentleman strolling through that would have put CLR to shame.  A purple paisley suit with matching boots, purple hat, purple cane, and it looked like he bought out the gold by the inch rack.  Susan thought he may have been somebody, because he received the VIP treatment at security.  

Meanwhile, we made our way through, and had to wait as one of our carry on bags got pulled for extra security.  Grandson had raided a stash of quarters to take home to his piggy bank.  We knew it would happen, because it happened to us once before when we were carrying a coin collection.  We saw it on the X-ray as they studied the dark mass. 

We made it through and waited to board our United flight. 

6A7CC041-5D31-4C9D-8F31-9289FECD94A6.thumb.jpeg.93384473cf6f27cc98149748c65dc656.jpeg

We kept seeing all the videos and emails on the extra lengths United was going to, to clean their aircraft. Well, it looked clean, until I started searching for the power outlets under or between the seats.  Hmm, no outlet here, but lots of “snacks” on this ledge. 

061D85AC-7F18-4C34-9BFC-D385ABD4F261.thumb.jpeg.eff09f9326c0981bac92c3fc999c3cec.jpeg

B3C70C27-F81D-4261-A22E-09B741ACA339.thumb.jpeg.5dbfc5061274b77eb8a91081554a8743.jpeg

We finally arrived and crossed the Golden Gate on the way to our son’s house. 

4A276F45-B229-4677-88AB-F7ABADBDC496.thumb.jpeg.38430a9ef1ac9b59bf0cfd323d9f77a1.jpeg

Welcome to California, land of high gas prices. 

14D34640-B518-4740-9838-848ACAE15C51.thumb.jpeg.5bfb362cb37588aa7c30dc764bbd7530.jpeg

So today, grandson is back with his parents, and we are enjoying a little family time.  

Yikes that is a couple of dollars more than Texas.

• Haha 1

Back for more racing on this hot and humid night. 

Last weekend our friend put his car into the wall laps into the race, while at another series 4 hours from home. 

After a week of late night repairs he is back at it. Let’s go Trevor!!!!  

45FC0F9D-BE54-4F78-B021-033018DA56DC.thumb.jpeg.f1f7e50970a2eff26d19eb0ed1f23bf9.jpeg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Well, it looked clean, until I started searching for the power outlets under or between the seats.  Hmm, no outlet here, but lots of “snacks” on this ledge. 

"Looked clean".... yikes.

This aircraft needs deep cleaning.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I'll try to reply in my best English, so, pls., bear with me --

Remember, my first sentence was: 

"....So, instead of a port day in Zeebruge (on board of the brand new Celebrity Apex), I've cleaned the fridge....😁

Every one has his ways of tackling adversity....Mine is humor. One of the nicest sentences I've learned here is: "... lemons -- make lemonade" [the gist of it...].

ALL of us have been thrown into an unprecedented and unknown situation/reality and had our previous life thrown upside down.

In many instances -- actually losing control, depending upon others, suffering human losses.

It helps enormously "talking" with people from other countries, from other ways of life, from other cultures, from other mentality. 

You can easily say: "If you struggle with the new reality, talk with a professional, not with a 'bunch of strangers'' ".

My reply would be: "Talking here works for me. A professional is also a stranger, more skilled, sure, but -- still a stranger". [Professionals -- in the words of @OnTheJourney - "no offense meant"].

Or in other words: "happy thread (or not)" -- bottom line -- 17 months "on the front pages" and counting 😉

Seems IT works for others too....😁

I wish you were right here so I could give you a big hug and thank you for starting this thread.  This thread is and has been so important to so many people.  During such a hard time for so many of us it is a place to share happy events, mundane events and even sad events with friends.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wore short sleeve button down shirts on the ship and in port which was Bermuda.That was the norm at the time.

Especially Bermuda.  Bermudians are mostly dressed smart casual on a regular basis compared to Caribbean islands where it is very casual for most.

• Like 1