Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Question Royal experts? I forgot to get a print out from guest services of all our charges as it itemizes everything and it's it good indicator of how much you spend and to keep track of how much we drink.

Is there a way to get that information? I went to the cruise planner for past cruises and there is not a tab. Do I just call? Can they get that information to me about a past cruise? Thanks for you help.

I don’t think the print out you get after the cruise would break out how many drinks you got using the drink package. Our printout just had items actually charged.   Although the app showed daily charges of $0.00 for our diamond drinks every day, those never show on the final statement.  I assume the drink package drinks would be the same.

• Like 1

When my mother died I had some few things of hers to go to The Kidney Foundation (the only charity that could pick up donations that week.)  She lived in a very desirable neighborhood in Atlanta and her house sold the day we listed it.  We thought we’d have much longer to clean/sort stuff out. 

After a long day working at her house I’d gone home and was reading her wedding album.  She’d listed wedding gifts and had sketched many of them.  I immediately recognized a glass vase that was in the donation pile.  She’d noted it was Steuben glass.  I hotfooted it back to her house and retrieved the vase!  Thanks, Mom 😊  It’s been in a china cabinet (also hers) at my house for the past 30 years.

• Like 6

Tomorrow will be our final shopping for thanksgiving.  We always host the thanksgiving get together, but our numbers continue to dwindle. Our final count just went from 14 down to 10, and we are hoping that will still be a good number. 

Our school teacher daughter just had 4 positive COVID cases in her classroom, so with those students out plus those who have to quarantine, she only has 6 students left to teach.  Son in law was off with symptoms, but had 2 negative tests so far.  They are both looking at getting their boosters now. 

Today, we hopefully finished our leaves, and bagged another 2,000 pounds for pickup tomorrow.  We also removed leaves and mowed our one neighbor’s yard today.  He is 93 and has been battling cancer, and broke his hip a couple months ago.  A couple other neighbors have been pitching in to take care of things for him. 

He does have some kids younger than any of us, but …….well, I won’t go there.

All I will say is the jets in the hot tub felt good after today.   Didn’t even mind the snow falling on my head while I relaxed. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I love doing that too. I also do a turkey bowl where I take turkey chunks, stuffing, mashed potatoes, egg noodles and gravy and mix it all together. It carb overload but so good.

I rarely eat leftovers except for Turkey, I still make my fathers stuffing which is my favorite part of the meal , we make a large meal even though it’s just the two of us then freeze a few portions .

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, George C said:

I rarely eat leftovers except for Turkey, I still make my fathers stuffing which is my favorite part of the meal , we make a large meal even though it’s just the two of us then freeze a few portions .

I never eat turkey on Thanksgiving or any other time but I love stuffing and cranberry sauce.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Samantha is really growing.  She is such a good cat and so much fun.  She a bed in my craft room so she can nap while I work.  

1249392578_Samantha20.thumb.jpeg.882cddf559797919dac7d6c23263a554.jpeg

She has a huge tail, my poor Gracie got her tail shorten by a door about a decade ago she only lost less than a inch but very stressful for both of us.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am with you on this except for the cranberry.  Sharon has a traditional fluffy soft roll recipe her grandma would make.  I use the larger leftover ones to make the turkey sandwich, Mayo and some onion or garlic salt.  Sooo good.  The last few years I have brined a turkey breast.  It makes it so moist.  I just thought,  maybe I sould try Sous vide!

Wow, I am so glad you posted this.  I forgot about the egg nog too.

I have never brined a turkey.  I hear it's really good.  I will have to try someday.

I picked up egg nog and run and liquor store for more wine, rum for the egg nog and Bermuda Gosling dark rum to make rum balls soon.  Liquor store was busy but boy the food store was packed so glad I could go to self check out since I only had a couple items.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, I never heard of WaWa.  I never saw one in NJ.  All I need are a few items for a fresh salad.  

Wawa is now everywhere.  They keep building new ones with gas stations too.  It's a mini mart with a deli and their coffee is really good too!

• Like 2

Does anyone know how much  a soda costs on a ship?  Our son likes to have soda, wish he didnt but he doesn't drink coffee or alcohol and is thinking of getting soda pkg if on black friday sale.

If he buys soda pkg does his girlfriend have to buy a drink pkg too?

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Does anyone know how a soda costs on a ship?  Our son likes to have soda, wish he didnt but he doesn't drink coffee or alcohol and is thinking of getting soda pkg if on black friday sale.

I think a can was around $2.75 + 18% but that was almost two years ago. With the package he will have access to the freestyle machines. I am not sure if the package includes cans or not.🤔

I think it is only alcohol packages that require everyone to have a drink package but I might be wrong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

WaWa is all over Jersey!

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

My goodness Bonnie.  We have WaWa everywhere here in South Jersey.  Most of our gas stations are at WaWa.. I always give 3 of our grandsons gift cards  in their stockings where they can get food, drinks, etc.  They loved the ones I gave them from WaWa.  Two of our grandsons go there after school with their friends for snacks and drinks before heading to the Park.  I'm not sure which I'll buy this year, since Starbucks just opened (another popular venue for the kids) in the parking lot next to WaWa.🤷‍♀️

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

In the 1970’s many of my friends and relatives moved from Brooklyn to NJ,mainly south Jersey.There seem to be WaWa’s near everyone’s homes.

Toby loves their coffee.

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wawa is now everywhere.  They keep building new ones with gas stations too.  It's a mini mart with a deli and their coffee is really good too!

To @DaniDanielle@Luckynana@lenquixote66 @Sunshine3601They might be all over NJ but there are none in NY where I grew up and lived until moving to TX. I never noticed a WaWa the times I drove to NJ  Honest!  They were probably there but I never gave them a second glance.  Why would I?  I didn't frequent convenience stores (just Paramus malls hehehe) and the only gas I used to get in NJ was Exxon in Northvale.  Better prices and gas has to be pumped by an attendant in NJ.

To further bring attention to my ignorance, I thought WaWa was another nickname for Walmart, like Wally World. 🤣

So glad I'm in the know now.  Nice to learn something new.😉 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love their sandwiches

Heck, I love using the kiosk to order their sandwiches.  So many choices and yet so simple to use and, most importantly, my order is always accurate (and tasty) .

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Does anyone know how much  a soda costs on a ship?  Our son likes to have soda, wish he didnt but he doesn't drink coffee or alcohol and is thinking of getting soda pkg if on black friday sale.

Everyone on the same cruise package ie cabin buys the same package.

I show the soda package on my cruise is $8.99 a day per person.

I believe the soda’s are about $3.50 each with out the package.

2971FD7B-41FB-4A52-84DA-598115BEEF8C.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Maitaivegas said:

Everyone on the same cruise package ie cabin buys the same package.

I show the soda package on my cruise is $8.99 a day per person.

I believe the soda’s are about $3.50 each with out the package.

That is only true for the deluxe beverage package and even with that, if you call, one can get the DBP and one can get the refreshment.

If only one person in the cabin wants either the soda package or the refreshment package, that person can get it and the others can pay as they go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I love their sandwiches

Heck, I love using the kiosk to order their sandwiches.  So many choices and yet so simple to use and, most importantly, my order is always accurate (and tasty) .

Yes, it is very convenient and like you said my orders have always been right.   Just their parking lots are always a mess.

One of our friends owned a collission center and he used to say he could spend all day handing out his business cards with all the fender benders that happen in their lots.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

That is only true for the deluxe beverage package and even with that, if you call, one can get the DBP and one can get the refreshment.

If only one person in the cabin wants either the soda package or the refreshment package, that person can get it and the others can pay as they go.

Right now the sailing he is on with us has soda pkg on sale for $6.49/day with black friday sales that started today.

Sounds like good deal since charging $3.50 individually. 

Thank you everyone.

• Like 2