Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Jumping ship finalized:

We jumped ship and will give the Anthem a break small break.

We will go on the Harmony and then the Reflection. Not S2S since there are 3 days between.

Take asprin before you read this:

Transfered the Anthem reservation to the Harmony. What a saga since the previous reservation involved FCCs and remnants of FCCs from I do not know where, LnS, TA's royal screw up, Royal taking over the reservation from the TA, FCCs applied disappearing and us owing final payment, adding more small amounts of FCCs.....you get the gist. Royal confusion. A 6.5 hour phone call, two revenue people and a couple of supervisors later, everything was accounted for and it was resolved. I have to give credit to this one supervisor from Guatemala, who we were lucky to connect with who resolved it,. Father of patience and he saw us through, while all other supervisors could not make out anything. THAT confusing. Gives me a headache just re reading my post.

Ended well, so very thankful and appreciative🙏

Wow, 6.5 hours.  I thought Sharon has been on with them for long periods but not even close to 6.5.  You surely have been blessed with a great DH.  When it comes to arranging vacations I am thankful Sharon enjoys organizing it.  
I am sure you  will enjoy Harmony.  It’s one of our favorites.  We like adding Disney before the cruise too.

Happy and safe sailing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Beautiful picture 🥰

It reminds me a bit of the view from Cadillac Mountain --

_DSC4888_edited.jpg

That’s a beautiful view.  Do you happen to know the painter?  If you zoom in it looks like another painter below and a bit to the right.  Great scene.

27 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Do you happen to know the painter?

No 😢, we had exactly 10 mins for picture opportunity with Oli's Trolley. Yes, there was another painter down there, and there were others scattered in different locations.

We got lucky with the weather too and crammed a lot in this port stop....

• Like 3

Talk about putting my foot in my mouth!!!

Pulling into Walmart this morning, I saw a man in a wheelchair with his shopping cart full of groceries, and he had a ramp up into his van.  I told Jim I was going to run over to help the gentleman.  I quickly got out of the car and offered my help, which he graciously accepted.  The man looked elderly to me, so (putting my foot into my mouth) I said "You must have served during WWII"  He looked at me,  smiled,  and said, "God, no...but I was in Viet Nam;  I was born in 1942".

Good grief!  I felt awful...

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Pulling into Walmart this morning, I saw a man in a wheelchair with his shopping cart full of groceries, and he had a ramp up into his van.  I told Jim I was going to run over to help the gentleman.  I quickly got out of the car and offered my help, which he graciously accepted.  The man looked elderly to me, so (putting my foot into my mouth) I said "You must have served during WWII"  He looked at me,  smiled,  and said, "God, no...but I was in Viet Nam;  I was born in 1942".

Thank you. 

• Like 1

Good News/Bad News

Longtime friends who we last saw socially in April 2019 came to visit today.They are snowbirds leaving for Florida on Sunday.We had a delightful conversation.They came in the morning.After they left we got a call telling us that the mother in law of our nephew who died 4 years ago of a brain tumor passed away this morning.She entered a hospice facility two days ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

You should feel just the opposite of awful for being such a kind, caring & considerate person!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

NO way you should have felt awful!   They all served, and some....Vietnam Vets...ended up aging a bit faster than they should.  I should know...Bucky looks a bit more gray than normal.  😉 

So sweet of you to help him...which obviously he really appreciated.   Never apologize for being as sweet as you.   🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Leaving Nassau right now.   All aboard was 2:30, and sail away at 3 pm.

Five different groups straggling slowly along the pier at no hurry at all after 2:30.   The last group right at 3 pm.   I could see if they were all a part of a late tour...then they would have been in a group.  But these were well spaced out and just sauntering slowly towards the ship as if they had all the time in the world.  

That was bad enough...but each of the individual groups ...had small children.  The last one a 3-4 year old and one in a stroller.  Excuse me??!!  Bad enough they want to endanger themselves to miss the ship...but with your kids in tow???!!   Sorry...inexcusable.  

OK...off my soap box now...but still shaking my head.  😮 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

Five different groups straggling slowly along the pier at no hurry at all after 2:30.   The last group right at 3 pm.   I could see if they were all a part of a late tour...then they would have been in a group.  But these were well spaced out and just sauntering slowly towards the ship as if they had all the time in the world.  

That was bad enough...but each of the individual groups ...had small children.  The last one a 3-4 year old and one in a stroller.  Excuse me??!!  Bad enough they want to endanger themselves to miss the ship...but with your kids in tow???!!   Sorry...inexcusable.  

Where is your next stop?.................probably had plenty of time before ship really had to leave. I'm  sure they can make up the time if need be.

With little children and with some of the people with a stroller rather take it slow then danger the children or  running with a stroller in front of you.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

NO way you should have felt awful!   They all served, and some....Vietnam Vets...ended up aging a bit faster than they should.  I should know...Bucky looks a bit more gray than normal.  😉 

So true, Pat!  Jim has never talked about Vietnam...we lost a friend to Agent Orange about 2 years ago.  Horrible way to go.

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Entitled.  Smh...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Did you get off at Nassau?  If so, what did you do.  Have you gone to the ice cream station yet?  If not, will you go enjoy one for me? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Yesssss! 🤞 to meeting on a future sailing.

How Royal transfered the sailing is a saga. DH was 6.5 hours on the phone lst evening. All done at 1 am.

Oh my, 6.5 hr phone call.  He has the patience of a saint.  I couldnt do that!!

Good man you have, guess he's a keeper. LOL!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Wow, 6.5 hours.  I thought Sharon has been on with them for long periods but not even close to 6.5.  You surely have been blessed with a great DH.  When it comes to arranging vacations I am thankful Sharon enjoys organizing it.  
I am sure you  will enjoy Harmony.  It’s one of our favorites.  We like adding Disney before the cruise too.

Happy and safe sailing.

Thanks,
DH handles it because I usually get off the phone with answers that are not acceptable to him and he feels I should have tried harder instead of getting frustrated and giving up.😃

We will be in Orlando till April. Cannot leave without visiting Disney.😁

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Did you get off at Nassau?  If so, what did you do.  Have you gone to the ice cream station yet?  If not, will you go enjoy one for me? 

We had a nice breakfast then got off the ship (mostly to let cabin attendant in to clean) at 9 am.  Walked all over town, including up the hill and stairs along the government buildings enjoying the history we love to visit here.   

Mostly wanted to check out the massive construction going on at the port.  Wow...wow..wow. 😮  If you did not see the posters that showed what they are putting in along the port...it is amazing!!  Lots of money being spent on a total upgrade.  Is going to be beautiful!!  Big extension on the piers as well, which will fit in even more large ships.  

Can't wait to see it in a couple of years.   You can sure see which side of the bread is being buttered!  😉  

Sad thing though...is the far end of the tacky tourist area (down near where Senior Frog's is now closed) is dead.  Lots of closed up businesses.  Double whammy with Covid shut down and the torn up construction area.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh my, 6.5 hr phone call.  He has the patience of a saint.  I couldnt do that!!

Good man you have, guess he's a keeper. LOL!

Yes, both him and the supervisor from Guatemala were fathers of patience. Both worked it out slowly, peacefully and thoroughly. I was impressed.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

That was bad enough...but each of the individual groups ...had small children.  The last one a 3-4 year old and one in a stroller.  Excuse me??!!  Bad enough they want to endanger themselves to miss the ship...but with your kids in tow???!!   Sorry...inexcusable.  .  I guess they have never been a ship that actually leaves people who dont make on time.  

If a royal excursionhttps://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-sprint-us-revc&source=android-browser&q=map+of+cococay+island 

Imo that Is so disrespectful.  Guess they never been on a ship that left without everyone onboard.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, island lady said:

We had a nice breakfast then got off the ship (mostly to let cabin attendant in to clean) at 9 am.  Walked all over town, including up the hill and stairs along the government buildings enjoying the history we love to visit here.   

Mostly wanted to check out the massive construction going on at the port.  Wow...wow..wow. 😮  If you did not see the posters that showed what they are putting in along the port...it is amazing!!  Lots of money being spent on a total upgrade.  Is going to be beautiful!!  Big extension on the piers as well, which will fit in even more large ships.  

Can't wait to see it in a couple of years.   You can sure see which side of the bread is being buttered!  😉  

Sad thing though...is the far end of the tacky tourist area (down near where Senior Frog's is now closed) is dead.  Lots of closed up businesses.  Double whammy with Covid shut down and the torn up construction area.  

I looked up the port construction and some mock pics of what it will be like.  It should be nice.  One time  there we thought we would go rent a car and drive the island.  They were out of rentals.  They suggested riding around the main island on the local bus.  It was a couple bucks each. There were 3 young locals that sat near us and were pointing out all the neat stuff.  Like tour guides.  They knew the driver and a couple places they asked him to stop so we could shoot some pics!  We had a lot of fun.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I didn't know that Senior Frog's is closed.  I have to imagine that they have a prime spot picked out for a new location once construction is complete.  There will be too many cruise passengers going through that area every day for them to stay closed.

• Like 2

Maryann, @Luckynana

I appreciate your insight regarding all those recommending a couple with 18 months twins to take the train the Civitavecchia cruise terminal....

I didn't want to raise any controversy, every one is entitled to its "budget", but I really don't see any huge savings by

* boarding a train at Termini (not to mention paying for [4] tickets and getting to Termini...),

* "schlepping" your luggage on stairs, finding a place for your luggage IN the train,

* stairs again at "Civvy",

* then a paid shuttle to the port entry, and, then, somehow (since you're not allowed to walk through),

* get to the check in area...

whereas a shared or a private transfer does it "door-to-door"....

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Maryann, @Luckynana

I appreciate your insight regarding all those recommending a couple with 18 months twins to take the train the Civitavecchia cruise terminal....

I didn't want to raise any controversy, every one is entitled to its "budget", but I really don't see any huge savings by

* boarding a train at Termini (not to mention paying for [4] tickets and getting to Termini...),

* "schlepping" your luggage on stairs, finding a place for your luggage IN the train,

* then a paid shuttle to the port entry, and, then, somehow (since you're not allowed to walk through),

Totally agree, Dani!  I also don't think people read the whole issue...taking a train with 2 babies and luggage?  Insanity at best🧐

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Maryann, @Luckynana

Totally agree! Do the door to door transfer and save money by not having a beverage package! However, to each their own!

• Like 4