Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

thanks Graham. We had a severe wind storm here last week (100mph winds) and things have been quite hectic. Nate has done $100k in estimates just since then and is working non stop to get peoples fences back up. The day the wind storm happened was crazy at work (hospital) and made for crazy times for me. Our tower roof was coming off, 2 of our COvid testing tents blew away, large trees down everywhere, and busy hospital already became even busier. 

i hope you are healing well! Merry Christmas!

Hey Crystal.  Happy to hear you and Nate made it through the storm ok. Sounds like y’all will be busy for awhile. I hope you and Nate have a great Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

thanks Graham. We had a severe wind storm here last week (100mph winds) and things have been quite hectic. Nate has done $100k in estimates just since then and is working non stop to get peoples fences back up. The day the wind storm happened was crazy at work (hospital) and made for crazy times for me. Our tower roof was coming off, 2 of our COvid testing tents blew away, large trees down everywhere, and busy hospital already became even busier. 

i hope you are healing well! Merry Christmas!

I’m glad you and Nate are ok. Hopefully things will calm down. I hope you have a very merry Christmas!

• Like 1

Add my younger son to the Covid list.  Confirmed today. So he and his wife of two months not joining us as expected tomorrow. Older son, his wife and their three kids ages 4, 2, and 5 months will join us this evening and tomorrow. 

It is what it is. 😉

Merry Christmas, all. I am staring at our fireplace. 

20211224_172342.thumb.jpg.a6ab322624efb6a2775c7a480ecc3d41.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Shared on the humor thread

I refuse to put on winter tires because:
• It’s my car, my choice, my freedom.
• The effectiveness of winter tires is not proven, except by studies carried out by the manufacturers (like I’m supposed to trust them).
• My neighbor Bob had an accident even after putting on winter tires.
• Some drivers are already on their 3rd set of tires, which proves their ineffectiveness.
• We do not know what the tires are made of.
• The tire manufacturers scare us with winter just to enrich themselves.
• In fact, I read on the internet that the tire giants invented snow and spread it at night when you sleep.
• If I have winter tires, the government can track me in the snow.

Educate yourself, open your eyes, stop being sheep!

This year, I say no to winter tires! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Spent the morning looking for my engagement ring.  Ripped apart my bedroom, found stuff I didn’t know I had!  No ring.  My grandson came up and went under all the furniture, no ring.  So I stepped away for a bit, went back and looked behind some cards I had by my mirror.  There the stinking ring was, standing upright, shining brightly between two cards.  Thanks St. Anthony🙏

I was going to say that you should ask St. Anthony to look around.😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sea Dog

Greg, I forgot to mention (as I was busy explaining to DS1 about your lovely dogs) that I got to see Penny and Maggie "live" and they were so cute...

What's the name of the cat? She/he seemed very interested in the camera 🥰

I was going to mention the pups being in the video. That makes it even more special.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

There are a couple of John’s here too.  I am guessing one thing the US has with Israel.  There are not many houses or public buildings that you enter and will not find a john!  😂 

I know that there are multiple men named John including one who I believe has not posted on this thread since 2020 but I did not realize that there are multiple debbi’s .

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

HELP

Does anyone really know how long they extended the use of the eMed COVID home test?

ours has expired 10-5-2021. 

ty

There is a list on their website that gives the "new" expiration dates. I will try to find it for you and post.

2 hours ago, mets07 said:

Add my younger son to the Covid list.  Confirmed today. So he and his wife of two months not joining us as expected tomorrow. Older son, his wife and their three kids ages 4, 2, and 5 months will join us this evening and tomorrow. 

It is what it is. 😉

Merry Christmas, all. I am staring at our fireplace. 

20211224_172342.thumb.jpg.a6ab322624efb6a2775c7a480ecc3d41.jpg

Sorry to hear your Son and new Wife wont be able to make it.  Now you get to have 2 Chiristmases, one for when they are better.  Wish him a speedy recovery, if he has symptoms.

Our Son that has covid spent the day in bed and fiance said he is still running a fever just under 100.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sunshine3601 Just went to Walgreens to get an idea what our odds would be getting tested 1/7.  The Pharmacy was closed  A clerk said they let 4 schedule per day! Also they space each test out 2 hours!  It made no sense.   I think it's time to order the test.

Hi John, maybe mixed me up with someone else.  My Walgreens was open but was out of the rapid test they were only able to do PCR test.  We had done around 1 pm yesterday.  The girl said we should receive results tonight or by Christmas morning.  Nothing yet.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear your Son and new Wife wont be able to make it.  Now you get to have 2 Chiristmases, one for when they are better.  Wish him a speedy recovery, if he has symptoms.

Our Son that has covid spent the day in bed and fiance said he is still running a fever just under 100.  

Thank you! In our son's case, no fever but lots of fatigue, muscle aches, cough etc. Sounds lousy, but hopefully over soon.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Thank you! In our son's case, no fever but lots of fatigue, muscle aches, cough etc. Sounds lousy, but hopefully over soon.

Our Son has all of that except no cough.  Fever, tired, achy, scratchy throat and headache.  Basically like the flu or bad cold.  We last spoke with him early afternoon.  His Fiance said he has been cat napping on and off all day.  They have a 2 bedroom apt but no bed in 2nd room as they use as a closet/office so shes going to sleep on sofa tonight but figures it does not matter since shes been around anyway.