Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@h20skibumloving your cruise photos.  Your private  pleasure craft (pg1753) is rather impressive in a sleek James Bond way but does it have a helipad like mine? ( I had it docked beside us at Circular Quay so I could make a quick trip home from the Voyager cruise)

BDFFE3E2-A027-4096-A5BB-FC2A626816EE.jpeg

There was one there with a helipad, but I didn’t take a photo of it. 

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Tense moments this morning after taking the babies out to do their business in the back year. We have a lower fenced in, retaining wall yard and then the wooded area behind the wall. Linda was watching the woods and I was watching the puppies, when suddenly a coyote came walking through the wooded area. Linda screamed at it and it looked at us but did not seem fazed. I don't know if the coyote saw the pups, but needless to say we are on edge now every time we take them out. Not sure what I can do. I don't even own a gun.

That had to be very scary.     I have heard air horns will scare them off.    Of course, the puppies would be scared to death if they hear that too.   

Anyway to put a full fence?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akcruz said:

Thanks for detailed info.  Sorry it wasn't up to par as it seems it has been in the past.  As I mentioned we visited in early November, most of the Christmas decorations were out and yes it was very nice, just didn't get the hype.  Maybe we will try again after Covid, if there is an after.  We stayed in Asheville, wanted to see both.  We were going to eat on property but everything was crazy and decided not worth it, glad we made that choice now.  We did, however, get to do the wine tasting.  Again it was OK, almost here taste, sales pitch, now go.  Lots of other places we want to visit so will be a while.

The grounds at Biltmore are glorious in spring!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Israel is rolling out its 4th Covid vaccine.  My sister in law and brother in law are due to receive theirs on Thursday. Dani, what about you?

For now, it is only for +60, and medical teams. Today I'm exactly 5 months after the booster. According to the news, after 5 months we have almost no immunity....

Still, we decided to continue to keep to ourselves as much as we can, and to wait a bit for the rush [for appointments] to subside. This Omicron is so contagious, we don't want to stay too much on lines.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Do you remember the blizzard of 1947 or is that before your time ? I expected every NY winter to be like that afterward.

I remember. My aunt and uncle came down from the Catskills in their keep to Long Island. 
The police “borrowed” their jeep but I was too young to ask what for. 
It probably was able to do what their cars couldn’t. 
My aunt was furious, but my grandmother reminded her she couldn’t go anywhere anyway. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had an adventure this morning.I was taking my after breakfast vitamins and one got stuck in my throat and I could not swallow.Drinking water from the glass did not help.I then reached for the gallon of water that was on the counter and drank until I swallowed the pill.In the past I have lost the ability to swallow due to having Parkinsons resulting to vists to a hospital but this was different.

Lenny, in case you do it next time....look down kind of chin to chest when you are swallowing a tablet.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I seem to recall they have a very strict no photo policy

Pictures are fine, videos are a no go

50 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

The grounds at Biltmore are glorious in spring!

They were great when we were there although they were pulling the mums out, asked what they were doing with them, they said tossing ☹.  A few pics from our visit.

20211102_102004.jpg

20211102_102237.jpg

20211102_121329.jpg

20211102_115621~2.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am excited to meet them too.  🤩

I have met many CC people on cruises.The friend that I posted about being on the Anthem last month is a guy who posts on CC occasionally.I be came friendly with him in 2017 ,met him on a cruise later that year and went on two other cruises with him and his wife.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I remember. My aunt and uncle came down from the Catskills in their keep to Long Island. 
The police “borrowed” their jeep but I was too young to ask what for. 
It probably was able to do what their cars couldn’t. 
My aunt was furious, but my grandmother reminded her she couldn’t go anywhere anyway. 

I have pictures of myself and a friend at the time in the snow.

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

In my hierarchy of shows that I won't watch, The Bachelor is worse than Below Deck.  I've been tempted lately to give Below Deck a look for the scenery, but The Bachelor just seems like manufactured drama with an occasional person tossed in who really believes that they will find love.  Worse than either of those 2 shows are any of the Housewives series.  

We plan to watch 1883 but were waiting for this season of Yellowstone to end.  Looks interesting.  I learned that Taylor Sheridan (who created both Yellowstone and 1883) plays Travis on Yellowstone...the guy who is the expert on training horses.  There is supposed to be a second spinoff coming with Jimmy at the 6666 ranch in Texas.

Nobody ever living in my house has ever watched the Bachelor or Bachlorette.

• Like 2

I've really cut back on taking photos of everything everywhere I go.  I found that I was spending more time taking pictures than enjoying what was right in front of me.  I now only take photos when I have a specific purpose in mind for said photo.  I therefore didn't take any photos at the Biltmore House, with one exception.  They had an amazing gingerbread version of the Biltmore House on a table in the kitchen.  I took the photo so that I could show the incredible detail to others.

APC_2635-hdr.thumb.JPG.2e30a01399b747ca778995de97c17711.JPG

APC_2641-hdr.thumb.JPG.8bf6f2c92cc18f74ae4533d4bd00050b.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Well, here it starts again!🙄

I just read that NCL has cancelled 3 early January sailings (1/5 and onwards). It was reported that some cruisers are already in Miami. (I believe it is the Jewel, Breakaway and one more).

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1