Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We found a duck on Anthem December 2019.  I was so excited and people were staring at me like I was crazy(well, they probably were right)!

There were lots of ducks on our December 2019 Anthem sailing too.  Every time we went by the Christmas tree on the Esplanade, there were ducks hidden on it.  We found one and "hid it" in the middle of the table next to us in Coastal Kitchen as there was a family that sat there all the time and their four year old couldn't find any and was sad.  She did find it. 😄 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Google the hashtag.  Cruising ducks have been around for a long time.  Not just Oasis or Royal Caribbean.  They are very popular on Anthem for some reason.  Last one we found was on our last cruise on Mariner February 2020, in our cabin, which is against the unofficial rules of hiding ducks.

Wow - where have I been.    I have never seen or heard of them before.

And we have sailed Anthem several times too.  

• Like 2

so cool.  Such a nice thing for the child.  One of our cruises I celebrated my birthday and our favorite waiter brought me a whole birthday cake.  A big one!  We were only three at dinner but a two year old was next to us and kept eyeing the cake.  We gave them most of the cake and you would think it was the greatest thing ever😁

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Coralc said:

Your Possums are so much cuter than ours. :classic_biggrin:

I was thinking the same exact thing.

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Btw, I like your home gym.  Eric has been looking at buying a rowing machine.  He was rower during high school and college days at Penn and was highly involved until a few years ago when he had health issues.

I just got one for Christmas from my DH.  Sad part is that I have tendonitis in my elbow and since I decided to try cortisone shots I am going to just look at it for a while longer to give it time to heal.  I had tendonitis years ago from gardening and even though I took 3 months off (couldn't rake with snow on the ground) it came back the day I picked up a rake.  It has been 3 months that I have tried to lay low but it kept getting worse.  Sad thing is that I could really use the exercise with a cruise coming up soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have been back and forth on a review.  With all the drama on CC I probably will not.  I would hate to start a review and it turn into another blown up thread.  I think just mentioning Harmony in a title right now draws in a group that would ask stuff not related to enjoying a cruise.  Who knows, the last time I made up my mind the evening before boarding.

As an avid live reviewer it is the last thing I would do at this point in time. You could always post a few pictures here to help us daydream.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, NHProud said:

Has your neurologist suggested speech therapy ?  Vocal exercises help build swallowing muscles.   You can always split vitamins to see if that helps.   

Check out  trembleclefs.com.  They are on-line right now.  Otherwise, they meet in west and southwest cities.  Best of luck ! 

I had Swallow Therapy in 2018.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Lizzy & Charlie Update:

Been a pretty busy week so for in the Sea Dog household.  The puppies are doing great. So full of life that they wear us out at times.

Crate training at night is great. We haven't got them to be able to go a full 8 hours without needing to go potty. That 3:15am potty break outside in 14 degrees is not fun. We are putting them on a leash to better control them so that they focus on the task at hand and not play while also keeping an eagle eye out for coyotes.     

When they are not sleeping they are full of energy and love to play, chase each other and wrestle. We have a hug selection of toys (as you can see the mess in the video) and their favorite is a squeaky Santa toy. Here is a little video called, "The Mauling of Santa."

Adorable. I haven't figured out yet who will be the dominant one. Lizzie seems pretty confident.

• Like 3

@Sea DogAre you weighing the pups each week?  We did that with our lab 4 years ago, it was amazing how quickly she grew.  They look twice as big in that video as they did last week.

With respect to coyotes, I have a whistle that is supposed to scare them.  Only problem is that it would scare the dogs too, I would imagine.  Fortunately I have never had to use it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I never had a desire to have pictures taken of me in the snow.  Apparently, my parents felt the same way.  Somewhere, in storage are pictures of my daughter in the snow with the requisite snowman.  I have a bajillion pictures of her in Spring and Summer but just a few in Winter and Fall, not two of my favorite seasons.

My parents had a Box camera and were always taking pictures of me .

Just now, Sheal said:

@Sea DogAre you weighing the pups each week?  We did that with our lab 4 years ago, it was amazing how quickly she grew.  They look twice as big in that video as they did last week.

Once a week we would measure ours from nose to tail tip and take a pic. They grow so fast in the first few weeks.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm all ferklempt.  I just finished watching the movie Exodus.  Paul Newman at his best.  Yesterday I watched Terms of Endearment, both on your tube and yes I had seen them before.  I love watching old movies I love.  The soggy tissues flowed!!

Interesting that you watched Exodus.I just finished watching Season 1 and 2 of Mossad 101.

I thought it was great,especially Season 2.

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Funny, but that was what I said in March 2020 about our cruise that was scheduled in April 2020.  We all know how that worked out. 

I will say we were a little more apprehensive this time, if only because of the uptick in cases. 

We have been avoiding crowded areas, and spending most time outdoors.  We want that negative test for next week. 

Meanwhile, we have found our happy place. 

C2D08B70-32E9-4038-95A6-1B1EA92A6F06.thumb.jpeg.c9c586bcd8d6cbe0fe50084374803fec.jpeg

Oh, and we found one of those cruising ducks today. 

7D564FDF-7FB1-45B1-8F51-22B4ED15F2A9.thumb.jpeg.e6b64d3d5044d5411fcb417b3028033e.jpeg

I have never found a duck!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Lizzy & Charlie Update:

Been a pretty busy week so for in the Sea Dog household.  The puppies are doing great. So full of life that they wear us out at times.

Crate training at night is great. We haven't got them to be able to go a full 8 hours without needing to go potty. That 3:15am potty break outside in 14 degrees is not fun. We are putting them on a leash to better control them so that they focus on the task at hand and not play while also keeping an eagle eye out for coyotes.     

When they are not sleeping they are full of energy and love to play, chase each other and wrestle. We have a hug selection of toys (as you can see the mess in the video) and their favorite is a squeaky Santa toy. Here is a little video called, "The Mauling of Santa."

Y’all are set for entertainment for a long long time. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Sheal said:

I was thinking the same exact thing.

I just got one for Christmas from my DH.  Sad part is that I have tendonitis in my elbow and since I decided to try cortisone shots I am going to just look at it for a while longer to give it time to heal.  I had tendonitis years ago from gardening and even though I took 3 months off (couldn't rake with snow on the ground) it came back the day I picked up a rake.  It has been 3 months that I have tried to lay low but it kept getting worse.  Sad thing is that I could really use the exercise with a cruise coming up soon.

Sorry to hear you are struggling with tendinitis.  Had it in my wrist recently.  So painful.  Cortisone injected with the help of an ultrasound worked wonders for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think we would enjoy sharing a cruise.  We could do a review together!  I really like Harmony.  As long as the sun is shining and the specialty dining doesn’t shut down, it we’ll be great. 
I have been back and forth on a review.  With all the drama on CC I probably will not.  I would hate to start a review and it turn into another blown up thread.  I think just mentioning Harmony in a title right now draws in a group that would ask stuff not related to enjoying a cruise.  Who knows, the last time I made up my mind the evening before boarding.

I agree with you on having too much drama on the main thread for a review. I would do as Mark @h20skibum is doing and just posting occasional pics of your cruise. We would love to see the fun you will be having.

31 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Adorable. I haven't figured out yet who will be the dominant one. Lizzie seems pretty confident.

Elizabeth is the loud one. She likes to bark at him. Charlie is pretty rough with her but she takes it and dishes it out. You can tell they love each other because if one gets too rough and the other yelps the offending pup will stop. They love cuddling together when they sleep.

30 minutes ago, Sheal said:

With respect to coyotes, I have a whistle that is supposed to scare them.  Only problem is that it would scare the dogs too, I would imagine.  Fortunately I have never had to use it.

Went to our great vet yesterday to have him look them over and transfer shot information and microchip info. Lizzy weighed 5 pounds and Charlie 5.5 pounds. We go back at the end of January for another round of shots. It will be interesting to see their progress. Maggie and Penny never got over 27 pounds.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, George C said:

Barcelona is one place I wouldn’t mind being stuck in, several years ago we spent most of the day in a New York airport then they finally canceled our flight ( was delayed several times) we called the hotel in nyc asking if we could spend another night there , they gave us same price and upgraded us to a suite. 

We almost got stuck in Barcelona on March 13, 2020. Very glad to get home

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

As an avid live reviewer it is the last thing I would do at this point in time. You could always post a few pictures here to help us daydream.

Thanks. It probably is wise not to do a Live.  

@Sea Dog Thanks for the input.  I think I will go that route.  For @Ocean Boy I will try to avoid posting food pics in the evening.  😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5