Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Poor duck. Looks like she was affected by the Deepwater Horizon disaster. 

It is just a duck that photographed poorly.  It is actually a custom made, glass duck, and not one of those rubber ducks.  

339B2190-4EDE-418E-B5CB-6C2F42810A79.thumb.jpeg.ddd27c0dfc916d18a8c413605cb43b2f.jpeg

Susan likes this little duck. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is currently 34°F and snowing here in NE England.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Take care 😷

Graham.

Stay safe and warm Graham 

35f here and overcast . Just been on a 7km walk with our dog

Back home now, warm and toasty, having my home made soup for lunch 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thank you Sue.

Wow that was a good walk especially in the cold.

Home made soup sounds nice😋

Graham.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Here are the movie posters in our movie fan’s room. 

We had a home theater room in the basement of our Cincinnati house with an interesting mix of posters: Caddy Shack, Blues Brothers, The Hangover, The Matrix, Gone with the Wind, and Silence of the Lambs. I think I posted here before that on our first date, I took Micheline to see Silence of the Lambs in a theater.  Not sure what I was thinking, but it worked.

10 hours ago, Keksie said:

I am rooting for the guys who took down the terrorist on the French train.

I was rooting for the 2 cops from Buffalo.  Deserving law enforcement officers and from Buffalo...a great combo.  Sigh.  There are several "deserving" contestants this season...the guys on the French train, the guy who was wrongly imprisoned for 10 years, the couple that took the underprivileged black teenager into their family (who is now attending one of the military academies), and the couple that runs the after-school center for kids in a dangerous urban area (although I don't think they'll be able to keep up physically).  I've noticed on shows like this that more and more contestants are some sort of online personality.  The new economy I guess.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤔

That’s how it sounded the way she posted it. I only knew different because I saw the letter that went out.

Posting just a header first without more info can be misleading and confusing. That’s why the media does it to get more clicks. 🙄

I now realize I fell into the "bullship media trap"

I do not want to be labeled as a thread instigator with wrong information.

In the future I will pursue details before I post information that is not conclusive.

In the meantime................

Stay safe.

The DH is all better.

Waiting for clearance to go back to work.

(I am too🙄)

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Here are the movie posters in our movie fan’s room. The smaller posters would look better framed IMO.

B325A21E-D936-4A7E-A130-BC5142F33E36.jpeg

E57FF4A2-D8A7-4E32-B751-2CF52CF802CF.jpeg

55FCF94D-658D-4BB4-A90A-815CF0FE4098.jpeg

C5E0D243-A35F-48AE-B0C6-F9BC2D98FDB7.jpeg

1D3C872E-AF4C-4F23-8B35-436BDE647AEA.jpeg

FBED5C7D-090B-433C-99CC-C753463D62DB.jpeg

No “Australia” posters?

I loved that tribute to the country (continent?). 
And I think everyone working on it was Australian, or at least most of them. 
I had never known about the attack on Darwin, which made me realize how vulnerable Australia was geographically. 
That movie had everything including Hugh Jackman for us ladies! 
Australia beats Gone With the Wind for me!

• Like 1

What is this snow and cold temperatures people complain about.  We will be in St. Martin in about an hour.  It is currently 

BBA43061-AD5A-4704-9988-7576C9ECCCC9.thumb.jpeg.fc8abfcad5bbc65cb5c4bb505b6c69fb.jpeg

I have to go to guest services to complain about the cruise compass.  This is the second day they had the wrong time for sunrise 🤣🤣

This was about 15 minutes after sunrise again. 

D0A9BAA9-66B6-4138-B91A-87B2D93F4F8D.thumb.jpeg.189cef535134a98de86136173bdee061.jpeg

A8E7D9AA-1035-4185-AAA1-BAC884B55730.thumb.jpeg.5ba7686faeddd19ade2e5d77b97f6388.jpeg

Today, we just plan to get off the ship, walk to town for a little shopping and drinks, and maybe spend some time on the beach.  BBB may be part of the plan. 

By the way, it is 19° back home, so I will not be in a hurry to go back, whenever that may be. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

54f here in North Florida and sunny. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

What is this snow and cold temperatures people complain about.  We will be in St. Martin in about an hour.  It is currently 

BBA43061-AD5A-4704-9988-7576C9ECCCC9.thumb.jpeg.fc8abfcad5bbc65cb5c4bb505b6c69fb.jpeg

I have to go to guest services to complain about the cruise compass.  This is the second day they had the wrong time for sunrise 🤣🤣

This was about 15 minutes after sunrise again. 

D0A9BAA9-66B6-4138-B91A-87B2D93F4F8D.thumb.jpeg.189cef535134a98de86136173bdee061.jpeg

A8E7D9AA-1035-4185-AAA1-BAC884B55730.thumb.jpeg.5ba7686faeddd19ade2e5d77b97f6388.jpeg

Today, we just plan to get off the ship, walk to town for a little shopping and drinks, and maybe spend some time on the beach.  BBB may be part of the plan. 

By the way, it is 19° back home, so I will not be in a hurry to go back, whenever that may be. 

Beautiful sunrise photos. Only time I see the sunrise on a cruise ship is on the morning we arrive back in Sydney.  I always seem to wake automatically on arrival morning in time to see us pass the Sydney Opera House. I am not a morning person, much prefer sunsets.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤔

That’s how it sounded the way she posted it. I only knew different because I saw the letter that went out.

Posting just a header first without more info can be misleading and confusing. That’s why the media does it to get more clicks. 🙄

Like the one last week that said “NCL ship carrying COVID. Passengers not allowed to debark “.

I’m sure it was worded that way to appear the ship was going to be stuck at sea with a huge outbreak. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

No “Australia” posters?

I loved that tribute to the country (continent?). 
And I think everyone working on it was Australian, or at least most of them. 
I had never known about the attack on Darwin, which made me realize how vulnerable Australia was geographically. 
That movie had everything including Hugh Jackman for us ladies! 
Australia beats Gone With the Wind for me!

Oh, we have plenty of Australian movie posters but they are in storage.  Husband sees every Australian movie released.  We are often the only ones in the cinema for them.  Agree that “Australia” the movie with Hugh Jackman was good.  Yes, the bombing of Darwin is not widely known.

20 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We had a home theater room in the basement of our Cincinnati house with an interesting mix of posters: Caddy Shack, Blues Brothers, The Hangover, The Matrix, Gone with the Wind, and Silence of the Lambs. I think I posted here before that on our first date, I took Micheline to see Silence of the Lambs in a theater.  Not sure what I was thinking, but it worked.

I was rooting for the 2 cops from Buffalo.  Deserving law enforcement officers and from Buffalo...a great combo.  Sigh.  There are several "deserving" contestants this season...the guys on the French train, the guy who was wrongly imprisoned for 10 years, the couple that took the underprivileged black teenager into their family (who is now attending one of the military academies), and the couple that runs the after-school center for kids in a dangerous urban area (although I don't think they'll be able to keep up physically).  I've noticed on shows like this that more and more contestants are some sort of online personality.  The new economy I guess.

We both loved the movie Silence of the lambs , 33 in Dallas this morning.

• Like 2

I did witness an extreme act of idiocy yesterday on the pool deck.  A young mother sat her daughter (1 year old or less) on the rail, and was holding her in much the same way as that tragic accident happened.  

Granted, there was not a window there, but who in their right mind would think that was a good idea.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Usually I like to keep my outside Christmas decorations up and the house ablaze thru and including Jan 6 (little Christmas). After all, its the 12th day of Christmas and imho, closer to the Christmas season than say, Nov 6th. 😉

But with 6 inches of snow in the forecast & cold weather ensuring the snow will be around for awhile, I'll be taking them down today. 

Indoor Christmas trees will stay up for awhile. Perhaps mid-January or end of January or Super Bowl weekend they'll come down. Helps keeps the post-holiday, winter blahs away.

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I thought about you when they said they were representing Buffalo. I was sorry to see them leave. 
Being out of shape myself, and more able to hobble than walk, I am always amazed that anyone who can’t run, swim, drive a stick shift, try exotic foods or is afraid of heights goes on The Amazing Race. Watching that poor soul struggling to keep up last night was painful, and though I understood why her husband was trying to motivate her, I wanted to yell at him. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I did witness an extreme act of idiocy yesterday on the pool deck.  A young mother sat her daughter (1 year old or less) on the rail, and was holding her in much the same way as that tragic accident happened.  

Granted, there was not a window there, but who in their right mind would think that was a good idea.  

😟

• Like 2