Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I like the Miami Vice better. 

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

they are pretty sweet.  I’m good for one or two at the most then need to switch it up.

I agree too.

Miami Vice it is. I think that will be my first drink when I board Allure.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Some great artists.  I loved Melissa Manchester and was sorry her singing career was much too short.  Loved "Don't Cry Out Loud".  Following is a bit of trivia some might find interesting:

Who is Melissa in Barry Manilow's Could It Be Magic?
The "Sweet Melissa" in the lyrics is said to refer to singer Melissa Manchester, who was Manilow's label-mate and a back-up singer to Bette Midler in the early 1970s.

Who is Melissa in The Allman Brothers song Sweet Melissa?

Last night, I finally achieved that food coma I have heard so much about.  Chops it was. 

Black pepper bacon

A9782CE2-D55D-4109-A3AE-29933FC44D3C.thumb.jpeg.72e70880160e501021723375febc1c0b.jpeg

lobster bisque 

FD8B2645-7E8E-493F-930D-1EAB5F2E8F2F.thumb.jpeg.af5f998d1f0d5873d0a0fdeb51b92c40.jpeg

Filet and sides

40873397-D81B-468B-A9B0-CDB399844DEB.thumb.jpeg.7197406bcbd5fbadcaf239d88501dad3.jpeg

Warm chocolate cake

65466C61-E7CA-4782-A1E0-2A3D44BBB932.thumb.jpeg.41c5fa37314c7626c5d81c1e0d96ae09.jpeg

I know I have been onboard too long now, since the guys at Starbucks know me and my order.  They saw me walking down the promenade this morning.  By the time I got there, they had my name on two cups and had already started making two lattes.  “Two Carmel lattes, Mark?”  By the time my phone was out to scan the app to pay, they handed them to me. 

Sunrises have not been too great this week.  Here are a couple this morning as we sail to Roatan. 

42BCD1EA-8021-4293-8BA9-7EB2B4A72EF8.thumb.jpeg.ec3fe56541b5b7d37c6ad02f19cbaf7b.jpeg

B68FCF16-3667-4735-804B-6308450E56F9.thumb.jpeg.68cc531854cd2b37888cee7e60104d0b.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Shahid Khan, owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars  I think he keeps it docked there. 

According to this web site, Khan has the yacht up for sale for $193M.  Maybe we can all get together and buy it?  Given how poorly the Jags played this year, we can probably talk him down to $180M.  Or, it looks like you can charter the yacht for $1.2M a week.  Here's a link to the yacht's brochure for any of you who may be interested in buying. 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

We are docked at St Maarten and going to wonder around port for some shopping this morning then head to Holland House for beach and drinks this afternoon.  Then after dinner we will head over to Blue B***ch Bar.

Received phone call that our reservation for Solarium Bistro is cancelled due to technical difficulties.  I said you mean covid and he said yes ma'am.  Offered us 30% off any speciality restaurant.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Nice super yacht. I wonder who the owner is?

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

According to this web site, Khan has the yacht up for sale for $193M.  Maybe we can all get together and buy it?  Given how poorly the Jags played this year, we can probably talk him down to $180M.  Or, it looks like you can charter the yacht for $1.2M a week.  Here's a link to the yacht's brochure for any of you who may be interested in buying. 😁

KISMET YACHT CHARTER 

Looks like we could all lease it out first to see if it is nice enough to buy. Yesterday I noticed a crew cleaning it up.

20220112_103211.thumb.jpg.2b96914339c02ac58f15c40754516bdf.jpg

20220112_101305.thumb.jpg.92e83257418a42949d26622a81c71f39.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are docked at St Maarten and going to wonder around port for some shopping this morning then head to Holland House for beach and drinks this afternoon.  Then after dinner we will head over to Blue B***ch Bar.

Received phone call that our reservation for Solarium Bistro is cancelled due to technical difficulties.  I said you mean covid and he said yes ma'am.  Offered us 30% off any speciality restaurant.

While you are there maybe you can ask about renting the KISMET.   Yesterday it was nice weather there but a storm rolled in later.

Harmony Solarium Bistro has been closed from 1st day.  They canceled St Thomas on us.  No problem,  excepted change before boarding.   Enjoy the day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, helen haywood said:

What do they want you to do?  Get a drink and leave the bar?  Not being sarcastic…just wanted to know.  We’re on Celebrity Edge.

I am thinking it's one of those things that is different on each ship and can change at any time.  On Harmony Bolaros is allowing sitting at the bar without spacing and other bars.  On the other hand Sabors has been closed.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sheal said:

So, my cruise next month just had a change to the schedule.  I expected that since SJU is off for now and the cruise was being sold last week as Bahamas, Tortola and St. Maarten.  I just got the notice and Celebrity went from 8-6 in Tortola to 11:30-6.  Thanks to the shortened day I would have just enough time to take the ferrry to the Baths then turn around, get on the ferry and head back to the ship.  I'm pretty disappointed, especially the Nassau stop is 7-2PM.  Geeze, just skip Nassau!

Any suggestions?  I was really looking forward to a great beach day.

The first if is if Tortola will allow cruise ships. I read that they are not allowing, but that changes every minute!

Cane Garden is our go to beach. Brewers bay  is also very nice. They have open air buses but I do not know how they distance people on those since I have not been to Tortola after covid.

I would have suggested Jost Van Dyke via Celebrity excursion (best ever I have been on) but these excursions are packed and inspite of all their blah blah on "safety" they do nothing to social distance on excursions. Yes, its out side, masks and all that, but I feel uncomfortable at the cozying up on their tour buses and boats. So I prefer to go on our own if time allows.

We have also walked in town and to Sunny Caribbe (spice shops), and surrounding areas, which did not exist after the storms. I used to love Sunny Caribbe more for their colorful souvenir spice tins. The port area is nice to walk around in.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Shahid Khan, owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars  I think he keeps it docked there. 

From last week. 
567BC885-ECC2-41CA-8E1E-7E4A8C7028C9.thumb.jpeg.3d72bb8155ccf76ad3c9574c8129cd42.jpeg

I'm jealous. Must be nice. Pretty sure it is a Lürssen. I love their yacht designs.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Miami Vice it is. I think that will be my first drink when I board Allure.

I hope you will drink and toast to all your friends here wishing you a fantastic voyage.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Last night, I finally achieved that food coma I have heard so much about.  Chops it was. 

lobster bisque 

FD8B2645-7E8E-493F-930D-1EAB5F2E8F2F.thumb.jpeg.af5f998d1f0d5873d0a0fdeb51b92c40.jpeg

I love Chops but I am not a big fan of their lobster bisque. It's ok but I always get lobster bisque at any restaurant on land that has it. The color of Chop's is too brown. Most LB soups I have had or more orange in color and have chunks of lobster in it. Chop's does not.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 46°F and sunny here at the beach.

Take care.

Graham.

Beautiful. Have a great day Graham!

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

If I ever win the lottery I would. Unfortunately the yearly cost would be $15-20 million which would make it impossible. Hey maybe a Routine Day Thread Charter for all of us.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Love the BBB!

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

KISMET YACHT CHARTER 

Looks like we could all lease it out first to see if it is nice enough to buy. Yesterday I noticed a crew cleaning it up.

Hey we could all go in and have our own "Below Deck" episode.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm jealous. Must be nice. Pretty sure it is a Lürssen. I love their yacht designs.

I hope you will drink and toast to all your friends here wishing you a fantastic voyage.

I love Chops but I am not a big fan of their lobster bisque. It's ok but I always get lobster bisque at any restaurant on land that has it. The color of Chop's is too brown. Most LB soups I have had or more orange in color and have chunks of lobster in it. Chop's does not.

Beautiful. Have a great day Graham!

If I ever win the lottery I would. Unfortunately the yearly cost would be $15-20 million which would make it impossible. Hey maybe a Routine Day Thread Charter for all of us.

Love the BBB!

Thank you Greg.

I hope you have a great day too.

Graham.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

You can figure it out from the preview.  I don't want to ruin it for those that don't watch it tonight though.  I am not surprised by at least one team that doesn't come back.  Some are a surprise though.

I looked as quickly as I could but couldn’t see everybody. I’m presuming one or both of the eliminated teams come back. 

• Like 2

@Arzeena Thanks for the suggestions.  I was going to look into the logistics of getting to Cane or Brewers today.  We did the Baths on our own years ago and had a fantastic time.  Oh, well. 

I'm going to check out Celebrity's excursions, I prefer to do things on my own and avoid the crowds but this could be a good port day to stick with them.  I looked at the roll call last night and 4 people said they had cancelled and re-booked as they were not comfortable with the ways things are right now.  Maybe I won't have to worry about crowds by then, it will be a private ship at that rate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

KISMET YACHT CHARTER 

20220112_103211.thumb.jpg.2b96914339c02ac58f15c40754516bdf.jpg

20220112_101305.thumb.jpg.92e83257418a42949d26622a81c71f39.jpg

If anyone’s interested, here’s some of the interior of Kismet. 
She has a full service spa, fitness center, home theater, indoor and outdoor dining, and anything else a billionaire’s heart desires. 
And yes, she was built by Lürrsen 

24AF6CC1-F0D6-4844-8B88-6B32EE3A1C5F.jpeg

2E315B59-B391-40CC-A893-7E265F135F6D.jpeg

A1286D12-DDFC-415D-9F1B-B5D5BFB1F030.jpeg

D540D11C-3749-4048-B2BE-7CF10535E6D8.jpeg

8F78B988-EEB6-41DC-AE0E-B8440AB47EC5.jpeg

0A7914BE-F1B1-40B5-8C6E-6EBCC30D59E9.jpeg

3B38B10A-7F49-4DD2-8602-4EA8933B9FBE.jpeg

889EA695-8DB0-4669-A3D6-5B41DC037272.jpeg

421B8D31-043F-44EA-9DC3-408B7B820B08.jpeg

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I looked as quickly as I could but couldn’t see everybody. I’m presuming one or both of the eliminated teams come back. 

We paused the DVR to see who was there and who wasn't. 🙂 There were nine teams who were told that the race was paused, the preview only shows five.  In the preview, when they leave to start the next leg, there are seven teams.  You can't see all the teams close up in the restart, but I would assume that both the eliminated teams are back.  I was happy to see Akbar and Sheridan back and they both looked like they took the nineteen months off from the race seriously as I thought they looked awesome!  The team I wanted to win looks to be gone though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Greg.

I hope you have a great day too.

Graham.

I am now learning every day when your retired is a great day! Cheers!!

25 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Gee what a dump. 😁 I like this website for looking at some amazing super yachts

https://www.superyachtfan.com/

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Or, it looks like you can charter the yacht for $1.2M a week

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

KISMET YACHT CHARTER 

Looks like we could all lease it out first to see if it is nice enough to buy.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Hey maybe a Routine Day Thread Charter for all of us.

Awesome idea.

May be one of our friends here, who is versed in negotiations, can knock off some "zeroes" of the weekly rate 🤪

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

21 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Sorry, the color scheme of the master bedroom doesn't appeal to me... Nah, not buying it.🤪

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

We’ve canceled our May Pacific Coastal Cruise mainly because of husband’s knees .  Both of his knees are arthritic and are bone on bone however no surgery planned , yet.  Most likely to keep patients out of the hospital.  Our sports medicine certified doc is taking a very conservative approach to treatment in my opinion.   Wishing Greg S much success with his operation. 

Also, not a big fan of cruise ship protocols right now.  Of course, they are necessary however with all the changes I believe passengers are not getting what they paid for in restaurant dining , port closings and changes , and entertainment. 

• Like 6