Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I got the same advice 10 years ago. It’s now time.

Oh my Lenny! I’m so glad you are ok. That would be very scary. I’m glad your doc was right there to help.

Its called  the Stryker Mako Robotic System. You can search YouTube and there are lots of videos about it.

Surgery scheduled for February 9th.

Yes,my doctor and his entire staff came out of their offices to help me get into a room where I could sit down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I may have missed the Amazing Race discussion and am too lazy to scroll back to look for it.  Hopefully I'm not ruining anything for those that did not watch it so, if you didn't watch it, read no further.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of the 9 remaining teams, only 5 returned after the 19 month break. However, at least 2 teams of "familiar faces" joined for a total of 7 teams.  I think.

Any speculation as to the 2 teams? Maybe the 2 teams that were eliminated earlier?

Hopefully the two police officers from Buffalo,NY and the father and daughter from Detroit.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

New.  I think it would melt if I kept it overnight 🤣

Did you know that there is a thread in the Floataway Lounge for people living in Arkansas ? The thread was started many years ago by “Plant”.

She and I posted on another cruise board for many years that no longer exists.

42 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Puppy update

So the puppies are doing good. Charlie is having a hard time with potty training as what we are finding out that is typical for boys. He hasn’t learned to empty his bladder when outside and comes inside and puddles inside. Lizzy is doing good. We are getting them to sleep 4-5 hours at night before having to go outside. This weekend we are getting snow and will be real cold so it will be interesting to see how they handle that.

Charlie loves to nap on top of the couch.

5CCFC329-5F63-4E91-8CD2-2B00A0E77224.thumb.jpeg.09f5a0cd930492a51a41a481ac69f4ac.jpeg

Lizzy is still a cuddle buddy 

85F3ECFC-95C8-49AE-A244-8798C9C142D1.thumb.jpeg.28ac9b894c2e2e5e7d08f480ae153a38.jpeg

on a funny note Lizzy is getting more vocal. She saw her own shadow in the glass doors of the fireplace and preceded to growl and bark at herself here is the video:

As challenging as the potty training is they are so enjoyable and loving. They make us laugh and give us a tremendous amount of love and joy.

Those are the most adorable puppies ever.  It would be so hard to be stern with them and try to discipline them.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I’ll wait impatiently for Wednesday night. Another reason to hate the 9pm starting time. 

I'm not a fan of the 9:00pm start either.  Wasn't it always 8pm before??

54 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Puppy update

on a funny note Lizzy is getting more vocal. She saw her own shadow in the glass doors of the fireplace and preceded to growl and bark at herself here is the video:

That's a hilarious video, including Charlie in the background who doesn't seem to care and just wants to take a nap.  You can already see how much they've grown.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Did you know that there is a thread in the Floataway Lounge for people living in Arkansas ? The thread was started many years ago by “Plant”.

She and I posted on another cruise board for many years that no longer exists.

Thanks! I didn't know . I will have to check it out. BTW, How did y'all know I was from Arkansas?   I recon a wild quess, 😜

23 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm not a fan of the 9:00pm start either.  Wasn't it always 8pm before??

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It was, and I don't like the 9PM time either.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I expect it to be the two that were eliminated. 
I did see something that actually named the current teams. Where that person got the info is iffy. 
I’ll wait impatiently for Wednesday night. Another reason to hate the 9pm starting time. 

Not sure if my prior post was the iffy information, but I could clearly see the faces of the five teams that remained but not the two returning.  I just tried to find a source online and wiki has been updated with the teams that I believe are in the next episode, if anyone is interested.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

It's just a standard ball of frozen dough ball........thaw it out and let it rise and then stretch it out the best you can.

I just looks good to me. Like the crust would be soft and uncrusty!

My problem with homemade is having the toppings slide off. I put too many on. 
I think maybe if I thicken the crust in the center it would be sturdier. That might help. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

So, all this robotic surgery...

Is someone managing the controls or is the robot on auto?

(I'm envisioning the robotic drink maker in the lounge that has minimal success.)

No "auto" 😎.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m not sure but I assume someone is.

That "someone" is the surgeon performing the operation.

I've asked DH to explain again... So he had 3 incisions - one for the robot's camera, and two for the robot's "hands".

The surgeon performs facing a TV-like screen, using the robot's "hands", which are joy-sticks like.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Not sure if my prior post was the iffy information, but I could clearly see the faces of the five teams that remained but not the two returning.  I just tried to find a source online and wiki has been updated with the teams that I believe are in the next episode, if anyone is interested.  

No, it wasn’t yours.I never did go back and look at the update at the end of the show. 

Your post made me dig a little deeper and I found a post that listed 5 current teams that were still alive before the break, and 5 that did not come back. I was happy about one and sad about one, but don’t know whether to believe it. 
Msybe that was wiki, I don’t remember all the way back to yesterday!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My problem with homemade is having the toppings slide off. I put too many on. 

Speaking of sliding off, awhile back I started cooking my pizza on parchment paper.   The first time I did it I forgot about the parchment paper and the whole pizza almost slid to the floor.  After getting used to it I really like it.   Much easier putting it in and out of the oven.

• Like 1

Just now, Ozark_Kid said:

Speaking of sliding off, awhile back I started cooking my pizza on parchment paper.   The first time I did it I forgot about the parchment paper and the whole pizza almost slid to the floor.  After getting used to it I really like it.   Much easier putting it in and out of the oven.

Years ago I bought a wooden pizza peel at a garage sale for a quarter. 
Top 5 in my lucky buy list!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

At least Bravo moved Below Deck to 8PM.

Speaking of, what is your opinion on all the latest shenanigans?  I think Captain Lee is getting a bit much in his criticism.  Also, I didn’t think the third stew was being picked on enough to quit.  I think she just wanted to go home!  The latest miserable guest is a bit much.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Speaking of, what is your opinion on all the latest shenanigans?  I think Captain Lee is getting a bit much in his criticism.  Also, I didn’t think the third stew was being picked on enough to quit.  I think she just wanted to go home!  The latest miserable guest is a bit much.

I don't know what is up with Lee. He has this strange flat affect and he seems to be impossible to please. He comes across as an old coot looking for something to criticize. The third stew had it much easier than any third stews we've seen. You are right, she just wanted out. I'm a bit sick of Eddie kissings Lee's butt, too. He needs to show some fortitude instead of being a yes man. And finally, this new woman guest has to be one of the most miserable people to appear on the show so far. She needs a certain finger of a hand put in front of her face.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I seem to recall someone saying to either avoid Mexican pharmacies, or patronize them.  Which is it?   Asking for a friend!

Found this nice little one today, and there was even a somewhat familiar, sweet smell in the air nearby. 🤣🤣

66DCE54E-E11F-4D6F-AAC2-A610EFFF8015.thumb.jpeg.c14cbcc548eaaa2f59ff08dda5388d66.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I seem to recall someone saying to either avoid Mexican pharmacies, or patronize them.  Which is it?   Asking for a friend!

Found this nice little one today, and there was even a somewhat familiar, sweet smell in the air nearby. 🤣🤣

66DCE54E-E11F-4D6F-AAC2-A610EFFF8015.thumb.jpeg.c14cbcc548eaaa2f59ff08dda5388d66.jpeg

Depends on who you talikg to around here.😐

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Years ago I bought a wooden pizza peel at a garage sale for a quarter. 
Top 5 in my lucky buy list!

We have a pizza paddle's we use to make the pizza on, put some corn meal on the paddle with a little flour, spread out the dough, make your pizza and then slide it off the paddle onto the pizza stone which is on the oven rack. Heat the oven to 500 degrees and let it get real hot before sliding your pizza onto the stone.

Cook about 8 to 10 minutes until the crust is to your likings.

My wife also tells me if you don't get a bubble in the crust near the edge of the pizza you aren't cooking it right.......I think it's silly. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I am !! I am !!  The peperoni, please 😁 

@Momof3gurlz

I've "reported" here last week that we didn't get to see the grandsons, since GS1 was having on and off light fever. All the family tested negative. The "rule" here is that kids cannot return to the kindergarten until they have 24 hours fever-free. The parents waited even another day, to be on the "safe side", given that the "on and off" lasted almost a week.

Went back Tuesday, only to receive a text later afternoon that both kindergarten teachers are positive, and all the kindergarten enters quarantine. My DS2 and DIL have again to split "duty", one day he and one day - she.

And then the GS mild fever came back. DS2 decided to take him to the doctor, since he already tested negative after being at the kindergarten. The doctor swiped his card and said: "but he should be in quarantine !!" Until DS2 explained that GS is not sick, only on preventive quarantine.

The diagnosis - ear infection....

Second WE without the grandsons, and the weather is bleak. We can't even walk the beach 😢

Oy and double Oy!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

No worries, thank you for asking and thank you for the hugs💜. Unfortunately  there has not been much improvement is her overall  condition and options are beginning to dwindle. There are still a few more things to try but they fall into the "it's a long shot" category.   Still, I have vowed to leave no stone un-turned and will explore every avenue there is, even if it leads to a dead-end, I'll take it to the very end.

🥰You and her will be in my prayers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1