Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Speaking of rough seas, we had a Tsunami warning last night for the entire East Coast of Australia from Queensland to Tasmania as a result of the undersea volcanic eruption in Tonga.

A maritime warning was still in place this morning, so had a walk along the boardwalk at Curl Curl in Sydney.

0CC4DE01-7A74-478C-A08D-6BB1B3029340.jpeg

A4A616E4-E56B-40A3-B256-152AC2A176DF.jpeg

68FF515F-8AAE-4CCA-83DF-AD1C14429308.jpeg

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My dad’s veggie patch is going well.  For some reason this summer, there are no fruit flies which is great but unusual.  He currently has lots of lettuce, cucumber, beans, tomatoes, zucchini and chokos. Pineapple and bananas are growing well too.

B78DBA9D-B9B0-4F66-9EFC-0A951E40CE86.jpeg

BB3CC08D-91A3-4AC3-A6BD-0E48930F66BD.jpeg

0009E759-81E0-4975-90AA-F702DCD4B4E3.jpeg

Very nice

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Lovely photos Dani.  You mentioned the sea is muddy.  We are advised not swim in the sea here for 24hrs after a storm.  Do you have that advice?

No. Those months are considered "off-season" - no lifesavers on the beach, nobody "official" to enforce anything....

Weren't you afraid to walk near the beach with the tsunami warning in place?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Speaking of rough seas, we had a Tsunami warning last night for the entire East Coast of Australia from Queensland to Tasmania as a result of the undersea volcanic eruption in Tonga.

A maritime warning was still in place this morning, so had a walk along the boardwalk at Curl Curl in Sydney.

Gorgeous🧜‍♀️

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Beautiful coastline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a great day of football yesterday.  My adopted team, the Cincinnati Bengals, won the first game of the day.  Then the Buffalo Bills destroyed the New England Patriots last night.  If everything goes the way I hope next weekend, I could get the Bengals at the Bills for the AFC Championship in 2 weeks.  One game at a time though.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

What a great day of football yesterday.  My adopted team, the Cincinnati Bengals, won the first game of the day.  Then the Buffalo Bills destroyed the New England Patriots last night.  If everything goes the way I hope next weekend, I could get the Bengals at the Bills for the AFC Championship in 2 weeks.  One game at a time though.

The Bengals is my 7 year old grandson's favorite.   Not really sure why that's his favorite.   I think that has been his video game team and it carries over.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Comfort food on a cold rainy day... DH made a very rich vegetable soup, to go with my instant couscous 😁 Bliss. Saying "thanks" for those little things.

This looks delicious.  Perfect for a cold winters day too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We loved the bills game, my brother-in-law and a good friend was at this single digit game , as much as I love the Bills there is no way I would be at a game that was 6 degrees with a wind chill of - 6 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

5 minutes ago, George C said:

We loved the bills game, my brother-in-law and a good friend was at this single digit game , as much as I love the Bills there is no way I would be at a game that was 6 degrees with a wind chill of - 6 

The game was past our quarterback's bedtime. 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 43°F and wet here.

We are just about to leave for church.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Graham

That’s warmer than here in NW Florida this morning. It was 38F and windy when I took Oliver for his morning walk.  Even he didn’t want to stay out and sniff around like he usually does. 🥶

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

Mac Jones actually played better than I thought he would.  The 2 interceptions were more about great defensive plays than they were a bad pass.  

I agree, he had some bad luck.  We just didn't show up last night though and there were some very catchable balls that our receivers just dropped.

We spent our last sea day relaxing and doing things we hadn’t got to in the last two weeks.  Like riding the slides, and going to get a last Wake View photo.  

253075A8-A734-4D0F-9556-25BEFA812C8A.thumb.jpeg.d38221f64e36505f8cd0c79526860075.jpeg

Played some trivia, and got the trifecta of prizes - pen, highlighter, and key chain. 

EBD98E19-A284-45A9-94AF-02902AC17BD6.thumb.jpeg.43cece542d1b2f9d0ce35c5200ac56a7.jpeg

Strolled through Central Park and said goodbye to our resident owl. 

AC96E50C-182C-447E-892A-518C520BC6AF.thumb.jpeg.1ceaec53034b97689bf9c03de00a07a1.jpeg

Then one last look at Boardwalk before finishing packing. 

DC61684D-79C0-4974-A9B9-D7C1E2EFA728.thumb.jpeg.b90de68081cf8b2deda7385727e95804.jpeg

We had an early (#5) tag, so we found a porter and had him take our bags to the parking garage.  The parking slip has a number to text to pay, so Susan keys in the number, and it says parking is $675.  Holy ****!   That can’t be right, we have only been here two weeks. So, instead, we drive to the exit and give the guy the ticket, and he says $175.  I liked his math better and said “Thank you very much.”

Out of the garage at 7:52, and we are on the road, in the rain, and as far north as Melbourne.  Time to plan how best to avoid Izzy on the way home. Only about a 1,000 mile drive from here. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wow what a game they destroyed them. Chiefs better not overlook Big Ben. Steelers will play very hard. Would be interesting if it ends up with Chiefs vs Bills but I don’t think it will get to that. I think Titans beat Chiefs in second round. Good luck. Thought it was interesting that they talked about how cold it was. I remember being in Rich Stadium in 1994 shooting video of the chiefs for our station. It was so cold and top it off freezing rain. I was wearing long underwear and coveralls and still froze my tail off. At the end of the game I couldn’t feel my toes or the tips of fingers. It didn’t matter the Chiefs lost I just wanted to get someplace warm.

• Like 2