Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Approx. 25,000 DFW households are without power.  Glad I'm not one of them.  So far so good!

They predict this storm not to hit us as badly as last year's Feb. storm.  I'm glad!

I'm glad you'll be staying safe at home.

Hope everyone impacted stays warm, safe with power.

Glad all is well for you.  Nice thing about our neighborhood is all the powerlines and cable lines are underground but that doesn’t always stops us from losing power.  Our streets are iced over and I have not seen a car go by the house yet today and don’t expect one.  Caden’s house got a bit more snow on top of the ice and they are enjoying sledding.

• Like 4

My whole street is covered in snow, my front lawn everything. I know it’s probably only 2 inches but it’s 15 degrees and with windchill it’s -5 degrees, my blood is too thin for this cold.

I have Psoriatic Arthritis so it doesn’t like this cold, man if I wanted cold like this I would have moved to the East Coast.

Stay Warm and safe every one.

5213CCF4-5136-4F37-A959-99C5ABE1992A.jpeg

3927F3DE-B470-4188-B270-0CD0C1B1D391.jpeg

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 7

51 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Well my wife got the Gazebo she had always wanted and now it was time for me to get something I have wanted since we moved to Virginia to our new house.

Customized Golf Cart. The guy did an amazing job putting it together. It will be a lot of fun and all the above will last much longer then any  cruise.

Also we are thinking of remodeling the our  kitchen.  So this pretty much put an  end to cruising to Europe this fall. Just not excited on taking any cruise at this time from out of the country. Don't see anything changing anytime soon.

So when the times comes we will just get our deposit back and stop chasing down that Lift and Shift Owners Suite.

If we do any cruises in the future they will be from the US.

20220118_170732.jpg

20220203_084552.jpg

20220203_084601.jpg

20220203_084613.jpg

20220203_084626.jpg

Are those real deer or statue’s? They sure are pretty.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Glad all is well for you.  Nice thing about our neighborhood is all the powerlines and cable lines are underground but that doesn’t always stops us from losing power.  Our streets are iced over and I have not seen a car go by the house yet today and don’t expect one.  Caden’s house got a bit more snow on top of the ice and they are enjoying sledding.

I live on a side street in the Ozark's and my street is iced over and now snow covered. I have had quite a few cars flying down my street, no one knows how to drive in the snow or rain here lol.

What makes me nervous is there is nothing between my apartment and the street.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Just a very personal preference and don't take it personally🥰 ........
I find multiple quotes (more than 2 ) extremely annoying. I usually skip reading a post with gazzilions of quotes, so sorry, if I missed any direct posts that have tagged me in multiple confusions. I understand many people prefer it that way, and respect what they want to do, but to me it is one mass confusion.

I agree with you.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Luckynana I hope Jim’s Covid symptoms remain mild and that you either don’t get it, or also have a mild case.  
We made it to Ft Lauderdale late this afternoon. This is our 1st time doing an air bnb.  It’s smaller than I expected, but immaculate and conveniently located not too far from Las Olas Blvd in the Victoria Park neighborhood.  Weather looks fabulous for the next week - high 70’s with lots of sunshine.  
As far as parents & in-laws.  I grew up with wonderful parents, both now gone. They themselves came from tumultuous broken homes but were amazingly loving and supportive of me, especially when I was a single mom.  We had our “moments” but that’s only normal.  Andy on the other hand grew up in a dysfunctional and abusive household,  yet he is the exact opposite.  His  Dad passed 5 yrs ago but his Mom is still alive.  She runs on martyrdom and manipulation.  
But I have to say I think @Sunshine3601your MIL takes the cake!

Our favorite restaurant down there is Zuccarelli’s East at 420 N Federal Highway (US1). It’s in Pompano just north of Ft Lauderdale. 
It’s a local place, with excellent Italian food. We stuff ourselves with their garlic bread. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I find multiple quotes (more than 2 ) extremely annoying. I usually skip reading a post with gazzilions of quotes, so sorry, if I missed any direct posts that have tagged me in multiple confusions. I understand many people prefer it that way, and respect what they want to do, but to me it is one mass confusion.

I always have to scroll back up because I can’t remember who posted them. And most of the time I have no clue what they’re referring to. Then a couple of days ago I realized because they are replying to someone else, they aren’t for me anyway, so I just move on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maitaivegas said:

Are those real deer or statue’s? They sure are pretty.

Oh they are very much real and beautiful. There is a mountain right behind our house they come out of.

20220118_170907.jpg

20220117_110144.jpg

20211124_172610.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 15

We are right on the line between pink ( mixed precip) and blue (snow) so our snow total is still low. Just came in from snow blowing our drive, and three of the elderly people in our neighborhood.  Although if you asked my daughter, she would tell you that I fit in the “elderly” category. 

I am still hopeful that our weather forecast is wrong, because it says we will have 14.5 inches by the time it stops tomorrow afternoon.  I see some more snow blowing in my future.

Hope everyone weathers their own storms.

• Like 7

On 2/2/2022 at 12:12 PM, h20skibum said:

They also sell this, but I think I would be hesitant to try it.  

CB6F23E2-BC2F-455A-896D-833D5E11D98B.jpeg.3f3a02137e936d97d4fd287d649476a8.jpeg

Why?   Because maybe, just maybe, it is. 😂😂

The Avery's soda plant is just 10 minutes from our house. They make different Theme-flavored/named batches during the year. One time they made a flavor and label honoring the Fire Departments.

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

New Englanders are known for making a run on bread & milk whenever a storm is forecast. I never understood this. If I’m going to be stuck at home, I want the kind of goodies you purchased.  And lots of wine.  

As mentioned a few posts back, there is something about the need to make French Toast.  LOL

Like Debbie, I want the goodies and the wine also.

Edited by cruisingpeople
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

My parents loved me more than anything else in the whole world. :classic_smile: My paternal grandparents died when I was very young, probably before I was 5. 

My doctor was taking a family history and asked about them. I said I think my grandfather had a heart attack; I don't know about my paternal grandmother. 

I went home and called my mom to ask what she had passed from. My mom said, "I don't remember, probably meanness, she was such a nasty b****. " :classic_rolleyes: And your grandfather was such a nice man. 

Oh. Okay. I don't think that helps with the medical thing. Thanks mom. :classic_biggrin:

My father never showed affection to anyone.When he was dying he told me that he loved me.It was the first time he ever said it.However,he was not a bad father he just never said the words.When I had children I made sure to tell them every day.I still do.

• Like 13

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

New Englanders are known for making a run on bread & milk whenever a storm is forecast. I never understood this. If I’m going to be stuck at home, I want the kind of goodies you purchased.  And lots of wine.  

Toby bought lots of ice cream 😀

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Yes, so did I.

But that was Phil from PA as reported by Mark. Marietta and Lenny are talking about a Chuck from NY. What's the RI one called? The one in FL is called Sunny.

Saying this with a straight face! 🤣

Staten Island Chuck is famous for biting a former Mayor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I think I'm good up to 3 or 4 multi-quotes in one post, especially when they are of similar subject matter. I get while people do, especially when there are a lot of pages to catch up on, but some of the 8 or 10 multi-quote posts, I get a little crossed-eye & miss stuff.

Not asking anyone to change, just sharing my 2 cents.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

You have a point.

For me, it's a difficult "balance" between not "manufacturing" so many pages in one day, therefore causing reticence to "deal" with too many "news" and too many quotes, where you, and may be others, get lost...

Sigh.

It's a balancing act, there is no right or wrong. 

🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Approx. 25,000 DFW households are without power.  Glad I'm not one of them.  So far so good!

They predict this storm not to hit us as badly as last year's Feb. storm.  I'm glad!

I'm glad you'll be staying safe at home.

Hope everyone impacted stays warm, safe with power.

First time I've heard about that also.   People usually send back responses weeks before the wedding date.  So far, 5 fully vaccinated people that I know personally, in my family, have gotten Covid. Then there are those in here and those I've read in the news that were fully vaxxed and got Covid.  

That 1st sentence says it all.  All children should be made to feel as you did.  I'm glad I did!

LOL on the beer haul.  I prefer @A&L_OntAndrew's comfort food.

Yes, schools are closed here in the DFW area today and tomorrow.

Hoping for no more blackouts.

Stay safe, warm and full of electricity!

The wedding is April 30.They want responses by March 25.It is a black tie wedding.I looked in my closet and I found a black tie.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1