Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just bought front row tickets for two of our favorite singers Todd Rundgren and Christopher Cross they are playing together to celebrate Beatles albums rubber soul and revolver. It’s in a great old theater , we saw Herb Albert there a couple of times and he said he likes playing in a theater older than he is. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The weather here in Ft Lauderdale is perfect but we’ve become less than happy with our air bnb.  When we first arrived it appeared small but very clean.  The next morning when I went to shower I found two long black hairs in the tub 🥴.  The unit was also advertised as having a washer/dryer.  It does but the washer is in a shed outside and you have to do something with the drainage hose to use it, and the rusty dryer is outside the shed 🤨.  Anyway, I gave the bathroom a good cleaning myself and we’re moving to the Margaritaville Resort on Hollywood Beach.  More $$ but worth it at this point.  
In news from home, our youngest granddaughter who turned one last month just tested positive for Covid.  Thankfully just cold symptoms and praying it stays that way.  The almost 3 yr old had the exact same symptoms but tested negative.  
Hope everyone that was in the path of the most recent storm made it through okay with no power outages. 

Sorry to hear about your granddaughter .Hopefully she will be okay very soon.

We expect an ice storm at 5PM.It was 51 degrees when I got up at 7PM and it is now 34 and going down.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And notice that I used multi quote. No one gonna accuse me of post whoring.😄

Me thinks the "post whoring" is a thing of the past, after CC changed the way the # of posts is displayed -- no more flaunting "member of the +30.000 posts club" instead of just "cool member"....

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

I am being good so I am still here.  A picture of Samantha being good. 

I can't have enough pictures of Samantha 😘

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

When I want to quote something but still have many pages to read, I right click on the browser tab and select Duplicate Tab (or whatever the words say for your brand of browser).  

This awfully technically challenged gal couldn't find it....😢 Forgot to add: I'm using a computer and a mouse...

Edited by dani negreanu
Forgot
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Talking about multi quote stacking and multi responses in a row taking up space.  It’s something most don’t think about when they post.  And no one thinks a small comment will take up a bunch of space. 😂 It surprised me how many guys has had enough with wearing ties.  But what really surprised me when I woke up and started catching up on the thread…….. 😂 I did not even expect to see the ladies informing us on all the clothes they don’t want to wear.  😂 Caught me off guard!  FREEDOM No more wearing what others expect us to wear, wear or don’t wear what YOU want!  😂 

Stacking takes a lot of effort for me.

Edited by NHProud

1 hour ago, George C said:

Just bought front row tickets for two of our favorite singers Todd Rundgren and Christopher Cross they are playing together to celebrate Beatles albums rubber soul and revolver. It’s in a great old theater , we saw Herb Albert there a couple of times and he said he likes playing in a theater older than he is. 

Todd Rundgren was a favorite to me. I still remember seeing him in an outdoor concert.  At the end he flew off in a helicopter.  It did a couple circles over the crowd as he waved goodbye.  He, Pink Floyd and others influenced me to by a synthesizer.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Todd Rundgren was a favorite to me. I still remember seeing him in an outdoor concert.  At the end he flew off in a helicopter.  It did a couple circles over the crowd as he waved goodbye.  He, Pink Floyd and others influenced me to by a synthesizer.  

"Hello It's Me" is still my favorite song by Todd Rundgren. 

• Like 6

Interesting reading all the posts.

I had to wear a suit and tie for over 45 working years from leaving school starting in a TA,then as a bank cashier and then over 40 years in sales.

P&O insist you wear suit and tie on formal nights and I always wear a tie on formal nights with RCG and Princess but sometimes leave my jacket in the cabin.

41°F and cloudy all day today in North East England.

Graham.

• Like 14

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The weather here in Ft Lauderdale is perfect but we’ve become less than happy with our air bnb.  When we first arrived it appeared small but very clean.  The next morning when I went to shower I found two long black hairs in the tub 🥴.  The unit was also advertised as having a washer/dryer.  It does but the washer is in a shed outside and you have to do something with the drainage hose to use it, and the rusty dryer is outside the shed 🤨.  Anyway, I gave the bathroom a good cleaning myself and we’re moving to the Margaritaville Resort on Hollywood Beach.  More $$ but worth it at this point.  
In news from home, our youngest granddaughter who turned one last month just tested positive for Covid.  Thankfully just cold symptoms and praying it stays that way.  The almost 3 yr old had the exact same symptoms but tested negative.  
Hope everyone that was in the path of the most recent storm made it through okay with no power outages. 

Sending prayers 🙏 for a quick covid recovery for your youngest granddaughter.

Graham.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

"Hello It's Me" is still my favorite song by Todd Rundgren. 

We saw him exactly two years ago on our rock and romance cruise he was fantastic, my wife has been a big fan for a long time , she was a little annoyed that he didn’t sing “hello, it’s me” 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

How in the world did you get only 5 inches?  You are not that far from us, and we had 11 inches when I got up this morning.   You must have sent all the extra to me.  

. 😂

oooopppppsss

that was without my glasses.

Taking a closer look it does look like 10---- 11/12inches

So much for my younger days of estimating.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, George C said:

We saw him exactly two years ago on our rock and romance cruise he was fantastic, my wife has been a big fan for a long time , she was a little annoyed that he didn’t sing “hello, it’s me” 

I agree with your wife. That would be like going to a Fleetwood Mac concert and not hearing "Dreams". IMO no matter how tiring some of their most popular songs are for the bands/solo singers to sing/play concert after concert they should and need to, for us. 

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Judy,

I saw you post before being "edited", and I assume it was, albeit veiled, about me and a few others who prefer to post a + and a number.

And I'd like to try, at least, to explain MY rationale -- let's take, for example, Maryann ( @Luckynana) post about her DH being positive to Covid. Or, a much lighter and happy "case" -- our resident physician, @Ocean Boy, whom all of us were keen to see him take his long awaited cruise, enjoy it, and return to his office in a timely manner.

What do u do, if you're a daily/weekly participant in this thread? You ignore Maryann's post, even if others have seen it, and already reacted with well wishes? Or, if you're #6 in wishing OB a well deserved cruise?

Until your post, my heart desire was to participate, even if just by posting a + and a number.

May be, after your post, I'll just quote Maryann's initial post and repeat, in words, the well phrased wishes of those before me. There are much more talented and creative posters than me out there.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That’s the first thing I remembered.  😂 Then I remembered that there has been certain topics that bothers some and others loved.  Here we have so many different personalities and folks from so many different places.  There is going to be something different about this thread that can aggravate some but not others and topics loved by some but not others.  But I think the regulars overall love the thread and would hate to see it go.  So post the way you are comfortable with and the topics you want to share.  If we skip over it don’t worry, I am sure it will come up again.  This is how I see it.

Sometimes you want to go 

Where everybody knows your name, 
and they're always glad you came. 
You wanna be where you can see, 
our troubles are all the same 
You wanna be where everybody knows 
Your name. 

GREAT POST, JOHN!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had one job that I posted about previously where I wore tee shirts and jeans.That was for the US Government .

I had a job interview and dressed accordingly.  Black unscuffed pumps, low heel, black slacks with a sharp crease down the middle.  A conservative blouse perfectly ironed.  Plain gold chain and small hoop earrings.  Thin watch, no bracelet. Hair perfectly styled.  Minimum makeup.  And the interviewer ?  Ratty jeans, tshirt a size too small, messy hair.  I felt I didn't have to ask if the company had a dress code.  I got the job and never wore that outfit to work ever again.

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Judy,

I saw you post before being "edited", and I assume it was, albeit veiled, about me and a few others who prefer to post a + and a number.

And I'd like to try, at least, to explain MY rationale -- let's take, for example, Maryann ( @Luckynana) post about her DH being positive to Covid. Or, a much lighter and happy "case" -- our resident physician, @Ocean Boy, whom all of us were keen to see him take his long awaited cruise, enjoy it, and return to his office in a timely manner.

What do u do, if you're a daily/weekly participant in this thread? You ignore Maryann's post, even if others have seen it, and already reacted with well wishes? Or, if you're #6 in wishing OB a well deserved cruise?

Until your post, my heart desire was to participate, even if just by posting a + and a number.

May be, after your post, I'll just quote Maryann's initial post and repeat, in words, the well phrased wishes of those before me. There are much more talented and creative posters than me out there.

I need to jump in here.

This thread has been successful for almost 2 years.  I suggest we all continue as we have been doing.  It seems to work very well.  I'm sure the very few in the minority who find some posts difficult to read can deal with it on their own terms.

Single, multi quotes or + quotes... bring them on!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Adding my $2.02 (adjusted for inflation):  The creator of the  content - i.e. the person writing a post - should write in a style that suits them. Why? Because they are the creator of that content. It's up to the reader to decide if they like to read or scroll on by.  No Harm, no foul and all is good! 🙂

Or, to paraphrase a much more younger, more obnoxious HBE4 when he was of school age and his sloppy handwriting was criticized: "Since it was hard to write, it should be hard to read". That never goes over well, btw, with anyone. Especially  with teachers.😉😇

Side Note: @dani negreanu I was always impressed with your ability to keep track of which number to use next in the "+ #"

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Judy,

Dani, you just keep on posting the way you prefer to and don't worry about what others think or do. Plus this thread is your baby and you can do whatever you want. 😉 And the rest of us! 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Luckynana said:
15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That’s the first thing I remembered.  😂 Then I remembered that there has been certain topics that bothers some and others loved.  Here we have so many different personalities and folks from so many different places.  There is going to be something different about this thread that can aggravate some but not others and topics loved by some but not others.  But I think the regulars overall love the thread and would hate to see it go.  So post the way you are comfortable with and the topics you want to share.  If we skip over it don’t worry, I am sure it will come up again.  This is how I see it.

Sometimes you want to go 

Where everybody knows your name, 
and they're always glad you came. 
You wanna be where you can see, 
our troubles are all the same 
You wanna be where everybody knows 
Your name. 

GREAT POST, JOHN!

+1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Judy,

dani, just keep being you and post YOUR comments in your style

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had a job interview and dressed accordingly.  Black unscuffed pumps, low heel, black slacks with a sharp crease down the middle.  A conservative blouse perfectly ironed.  Plain gold chain and small hoop earrings.  Thin watch, no bracelet. Hair perfectly styled.  Minimum makeup.  And the interviewer ?  Ratty jeans, tshirt a size too small, messy hair.  I felt I didn't have to ask if the company had a dress code.  I got the job and never wore that outfit to work ever again.

I was always told you should dress one step above the job you are interviewing for.  In this example, you were a few steps - or a couple of staircases - above the job you were interviewing for.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The next morning when I went to shower I found two long black hairs in the tub 🥴.    

Hoping the baby is okay with the Covid, Deb.  That's how Jim has been...just like a cold;  he was really surprised when he tested Positive.  Two of our grandsons had tested negative, but two or three days later, they then tested Positive.

Grossness with the two long black hairs in the tub!!

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

When I moved into my cabin on Allure there were a couple of black hairs on the shampoo dispenser, that I never use anyway, in the shower. Stuff like that really grosses me out.

Why is it always black hairs??  LOL!  Our hotel bathroom had long black hairs on the floor.  Jim saw long black hairs in the tub!  I told the Manager that my hair is gray, and Jim is bald, so it definitely wasn't ours!😜

5 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

I'll also add pulling back the sheets and finding hair on them.

Grossness to the max!!!!!  Disgusting!

• Like 3