Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, George C said:

I need to go through my closet and donate most of the suites I used to wear to goodwill haven’t wore one in 5 or more years , stopped wearing tux’s on cruises about 4 years ago , going to two wedding this year will not wear a suite to either .

Dick kept one suit…he calls it his WIF…weddings, interviews and funerals. 
Not that he’s been to an interview in over 60 years!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

The weather here in Ft Lauderdale is perfect but we’ve become less than happy with our air bnb.  When we first arrived it appeared small but very clean.  The next morning when I went to shower I found two long black hairs in the tub 🥴.  The unit was also advertised as having a washer/dryer.  It does but the washer is in a shed outside and you have to do something with the drainage hose to use it, and the rusty dryer is outside the shed 🤨.  Anyway, I gave the bathroom a good cleaning myself and we’re moving to the Margaritaville Resort on Hollywood Beach.  More $$ but worth it at this point.  
In news from home, our youngest granddaughter who turned one last month just tested positive for Covid.  Thankfully just cold symptoms and praying it stays that way.  The almost 3 yr old had the exact same symptoms but tested negative.  
Hope everyone that was in the path of the most recent storm made it through okay with no power outages. 

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I am being good so I am still here.  A picture of Samantha being good.  She has been very active lately not in a well behaved way.  I finished the hat below and she tried to kill the pom pom twice so far.  I need to make a new pom pom this weekend and switch it out for the "dead" one.

1879435032_Samantha2.thumb.jpeg.893c02468ea0873fe134d67efaa34281.jpeghat.thumb.jpeg.6d174740785cc73ab5f4b8235841d93f.jpeg

At least she didn't eat the yarn. See, she is well behaved, it just depends on how you view things.😊

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is a typical remark my mother would make.... while I'm over there snow blowing their driveway and shoveling walkways.

I can say that looking at the picture from far away where it doesn't snow.  You would be a good son.  How are you at leaf raking?  LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

The problem with individual posts, for me, is that oftentimes I have to read 5 or 6 new pages.  With multi quote, I just click once and wait until I have finished reading all pages before commenting.  With individual quotes it's time consuming to keep scrolling back to find the post I want to individually quote.  Not sure I'm making sense but maybe there's an easier way??

I understand exactly what you're saying.  When I want to quote something but still have many pages to read, I right click on the browser tab and select Duplicate Tab (or whatever the words say for your brand of browser).  When I'm up to date and have read everything, I then have several tabs open, each open to the page where there was something I wanted to quote.  I find that easier than scrolling back to find the post to be quoted.  Just remember to close the tab once you've finished quoting that post.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The weather here in Ft Lauderdale is perfect but we’ve become less than happy with our air bnb.  When we first arrived it appeared small but very clean.  The next morning when I went to shower I found two long black hairs in the tub 🥴.  The unit was also advertised as having a washer/dryer.  It does but the washer is in a shed outside and you have to do something with the drainage hose to use it, and the rusty dryer is outside the shed 🤨.  Anyway, I gave the bathroom a good cleaning myself and we’re moving to the Margaritaville Resort on Hollywood Beach.  More $$ but worth it at this point.  
In news from home, our youngest granddaughter who turned one last month just tested positive for Covid.  Thankfully just cold symptoms and praying it stays that way.  The almost 3 yr old had the exact same symptoms but tested negative.  
Hope everyone that was in the path of the most recent storm made it through okay with no power outages. 

When I moved into my cabin on Allure there were a couple of black hairs on the shampoo dispenser, that I never use anyway, in the shower. Stuff like that really grosses me out.

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I am being good so I am still here.  A picture of Samantha being good.  She has been very active lately not in a well behaved way.  I finished the hat below and she tried to kill the pom pom twice so far.  I need to make a new pom pom this weekend and switch it out for the "dead" one.

1879435032_Samantha2.thumb.jpeg.893c02468ea0873fe134d67efaa34281.jpeghat.thumb.jpeg.6d174740785cc73ab5f4b8235841d93f.jpeg

Samantha is so beautiful.  Love her coloring. 🙂 I love the hat, too!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

When I moved into my cabin on Allure there were a couple of black hairs on the shampoo dispenser, that I never use anyway, in the shower. Stuff like that really grosses me out.

I'll also add pulling back the sheets and finding hair on them.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I had one cruise on Princess years ago where I found a hair on the shower curtain and one on the pillow when I first got to the cabin.  I took the shower curtain down, all the towels, sheets, comforter, and pillows and piled them in the corner.  It’s was right before the cabin attendant came to introduce himself.  I explained what I saw, he apologized profusely.  He told me to wait a couple of minutes.  He came back with all new linens in their original plastic packaging to remake my room.  I had a great cruise after that. 😀

• Like 8

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I understand exactly what you're saying.  When I want to quote something but still have many pages to read, I right click on the browser tab and select Duplicate Tab (or whatever the words say for your brand of browser).  When I'm up to date and have read everything, I then have several tabs open, each open to the page where there was something I wanted to quote.  I find that easier than scrolling back to find the post to be quoted.  Just remember to close the tab once you've finished quoting that post.

Good advice!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

After our freezing rain, sleet yesterday which compressed the old snow, it looks like we have 5 new inches of new fluffy snow. Supposed to snow till 2 pm.   

C21A4BE6-F4D0-49F0-ACAF-5F06CB8C8739.jpeg

How in the world did you get only 5 inches?  You are not that far from us, and we had 11 inches when I got up this morning.   You must have sent all the extra to me.  

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is a typical remark my mother would make.... while I'm over there snow blowing their driveway and shoveling walkways.

I imagine that is what my elderly neighbors said this morning, while I was snow blowing drives.  Four done, including mine.   I was so generous, I bought Susan a new snow shovel yesterday, because she likes to do the cleanup work for exercise.

She did find a new feature on her Apple Watch that she didn’t know she had.  She got an alert on it that it thought she fell, and it asked if she needed to call 911.  She must have been to vigorous with the shovel. 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don’t even remember the last time I wore a tie.

8 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Unfortunately, I had to wear a bra.....🤣

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Depending on how far back you are talking possibly panty hose also.

6 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I started to wear fun socks and pants. No pantyhose for me. Gave up the power suit faze.

1 hour ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Or a girdle. 😂

Talking about multi quote stacking and multi responses in a row taking up space.  It’s something most don’t think about when they post.  And no one thinks a small comment will take up a bunch of space. 😂 It surprised me how many guys has had enough with wearing ties.  But what really surprised me when I woke up and started catching up on the thread…….. 😂 I did not even expect to see the ladies informing us on all the clothes they don’t want to wear.  😂 Caught me off guard!  FREEDOM No more wearing what others expect us to wear, wear or don’t wear what YOU want!  😂 

Stacking takes a lot of effort for me.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

After our freezing rain, sleet yesterday which compressed the old snow, it looks like we have 5 new inches of new fluffy snow. Supposed to snow till 2 pm.   

C21A4BE6-F4D0-49F0-ACAF-5F06CB8C8739.jpeg

My brother,  who lives near you, sent a pic yesterday afternoon.  He said, Sure looks pretty, but I’ve had enough of it.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That’s the first thing I remembered.  😂 Then I remembered that there has been certain topics that bothers some and others loved.  Here we have so many different personalities and folks from so many different places.  There is going to be something different about this thread that can aggravate some but not others and topics loved by some but not others.  But I think the regulars overall love the thread and would hate to see it go.  So post the way you are comfortable with and the topics you want to share.  If we skip over it don’t worry, I am sure it will come up again.  This is how I see it.

Sometimes you want to go 

Where everybody knows your name, 
and they're always glad you came. 
You wanna be where you can see, 
our troubles are all the same 
You wanna be where everybody knows 
Your name. 

Great post and I LOVED Cheers!

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It’s probably like an iPad.  Press down on a word you want to highlight then adjust how much you want to highlight.  If you want to make something bold look up to the top left on the box.  Is the what you are asking?

Thanks.  Not sure how to swipe and highlight an entire paragraph, cut and paste elsewhere, OR just highlighting a few words to underscore or add a color.  So easy with a mouse.  As soon as roads are safe, I'll get a new one.  OR order.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

Don’t like Biker intimidate you!

I like a simple single quote answer to a question. Now, in a thread like this, I applaud the use of the multi quote.

Biker, who doesn't like having to read through this thread every day on his way to "regular" threads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Have you seen this sign on the Williamsburg Bridge?  I grew up  1 short block from that bridge on the Manhattan side.

My computer mouse died.  Can someone let me know how to highlight text using a laptop touchpad? TIA

Here's where Brooklyn's unique 'Fuhgeddaboudit,' 'Oy Vey' signs come from

I went to HS with the Boro President who had this sign and others posted on the bridge and highways.

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Dick kept one suit…he calls it his WIF…weddings, interviews and funerals. 
Not that he’s been to an interview in over 60 years!

I own one suit,but no sport jackets.I have a few ties.One is from the Gilda Radner collection.My black tie is from the collection of somebody who was a US President .I bought it about 20 years ago from a store going out of business for 50 cents.It is now a conversation piece and whenever I am asked to wear a black tie I have it available.

• Like 3