Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My eldest son just texted me that he saw the new REACHER series (we're both big fans of the series), telling me that now they went to the other extreme, and Reacher is really BIG...

Yes, the actor is more appropriately sized to match the character description in the books. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Can't do without some drama and palpitations... I was worried about passing the PCR test tomorrow, but now another, bigger worry, just "landed".

The Dubai authorities don't like the security measures taken in all the Israeli airplanes, and decided to stop the flights between Israel and Dubai on Tuesday, one day before our flight...

I'm too old for this.

This is just horrible!     Is there a Plan B?  I would be afraid to go and then have a problem getting back home.     What do you think you will do?

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

This happened to me with Billions.  We were going to watch the last episode from the last season to refresh our memories.  The description of the last episode did not at all sound familiar, and neither did the episodes before that.  I'm now wondering if maybe we didn't yet watch the last season??  I'm probably just getting older.

I think they stopped the last series half way because of covid . Apparently the second half was shown last September but we missed it. So we were very confused when the new series started a couple of weeks ago.

Where did Bobby go ??!!!

3 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Different types of planes with different wing structures fly at different speeds for the most efficient use of fuel.  Also it could depend on the timing of the take off and landing slot times for the difference in block time.  

Also if the different times are for different directions (going v returning) then it might be headwind/tailwind that makes the difference 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I remember you waiting for the contractors to get this done last year.    So sorry you are now dealing with this mess.    I would definitely demand they correct their error on the grading.   

IMO, they will have to tear out and possibly put a drain with pipe underneath to alleviate the problem as well as re-grade then re-pave.    At least that is my guess.

At no charge ! ! ! !

5 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Is it possible with the combination of snow and ice, melting and refreezing, that an ice damn built up under the snow on the driveway and redirected the water running down the stairs back towards the garage doors instead of down the driveway as usual during warmer weather?

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Either way, we need to do something at the garage door as the driveway should not be higher than the cement garage floor.  I have to go back through all the pictures to see if it has actually gotten higher because of frost heave.

The whole driveway is to new to have that kind of ice dam and/or frost heave at this point in time.

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

It is hard to see in this picture because my DH is out clearing stuff again but this shows that the driveway is high. DFAF1EAA-A955-4A8A-9CD9-E4162F6EEEC5.thumb.jpeg.e7af6626b869bb0b3a0140ce7774fa23.jpeg

Even though it is hard to see, I have to be very blunt. If the contractor left a lip that high during the paving process, he has to be a complete moron. Where did he think the water was going to flow ??

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Also if the different times are for different directions (going v returning) then it might be headwind/tailwind that makes the difference 

The original flight was from TLV to DXB - with 737-900 (3 hours). 2 flights a day, same aircraft.

I suppose they didn't fill the 2 flights, so they cancelled one and switched us to the Dreamliner (787-900). And the Dreamliner will do it in 3.5 hours, which I found weird, thinking its a new aircraft. But who knows? May be the smaller one is sprightly and quicker?😲

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This is just horrible!     Is there a Plan B?  I would be afraid to go and then have a problem getting back home.     What do you think you will do?

No Plan B, and, really, Debbie, I feel like crying...

* We didn't leave the house since Wednesday in preparation for tomorrow's afternoon PCR test.

* We told the kids "do not come for the week-end, we're under 'PCR curfew'."

* Just yesterday, after trying for the whole week to reach El Al (I complained, along with others, on the book of faces) and fix our seats (which were separate after all the changes and reshuffles), I was relieved to finally resolve the issue.

* Only to find out that no confirmation of the new seating arrived in mail.

So many hours down the drain.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

This has worked for me in the past. Refresh your page then click inside the box where you write a new post. Your previous edit should pop on and you should see a prompt that says your previous edit has been restored. It has worked for me hopefully it will work for you.

It’s works 95% of the time for me.  With my iPad I usually change the page I am on then come back and it is there.  I may of refreshed before.  What I hate is the 5% it doesn’t work is when I have to think a bit what I am posting or a longer post.  Those are the ones that disappear on me. 😔 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The original flight was from TLV to DXB - with 737-900 (3 hours). 2 flights a day, same aircraft.

I suppose they didn't fill the 2 flights, so they cancelled one and switched us to the Dreamliner (787-900). And the Dreamliner will do it in 3.5 hours, which I found weird, thinking its a new aircraft. But who knows? May be the smaller one is sprightly and quicker?😲

* We didn't leave the house since Wednesday in preparation for tomorrow's afternoon PCR test.

* Just yesterday, after trying for the whole week to reach El Al (I complained, along with others, on the book of faces) and fix our seats (which were separate after all the changes and reshuffles), I was relieved to finally resolve the issue.

I'm ready to cry for you😪

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

22 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That's too bad Dani. So disappointing to have travel plans cancelled. :classic_sad:

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm ready to cry for you😪

So sorry Dani, a very stressful lead up to what should be a joyous, much needed vacation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My Dad had a new tv antenna installed yesterday. 

Everyone has recovered so the food delivery has commenced again and he has great tv reception so he is all set.

Your Dad sounds like one lucky fellow!

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

. Just watching the game prior to Owens play out. 

Enjoy Owen's game!

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Noooo, it's going to be "tit for tat" -- if UAE is stopping our flights, we'll stop theirs...😠

BTW, forgot to mention that even arriving a few kilometers before the airport, there is a check point looking at every car and taxi prior to letting them continue...

Good grief, Dani.  We sometimes don't realize how fortunate we are in the US.  

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Thanks!  Heart pine.  Will outlast us

I sure miss all of our hardwood floors from our home in Staten Island..

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Lucy knows all the best spots.

She certainly does!😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbie, definitely speak to your MIL’s new neighbors.  Just give them facts you think they should know and see what happens.  I had an aunt that my mom used to say all she did was complain she was dying from the time they were young.  She outlived all her siblings and was 102 when she died! 
I guess these type of people are just looking for attention.  Maybe your MIL needs a pet😃

She sounds like my aunt Helga. She is about 96 and I have never met her as she has always been too sick to leave the house. She has never attended a wedding or funeral for anyone, even her own husband. Her twin 70 year old sons never married and have taken care of her since my uncle died. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@Ozark_Kid  Question, John....when you had Covid, wasn't that before your Cruise?  Someone was telling me that Jim  could test Positive for some time after having the Virus, and so could test Positive when we go for our PCR test prior to our cruise.  Thoughts??

I had Covid in July.  I cruised on Symphony early October.  I am not a doctor and others could answer much better.  What I have heard that the PCR test can test positive for a few weeks after one has Covid.  The antigen test is much less likely to show positive as far out as a PCR test.  I will let others explain why. Does your test have to be a PCR?  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@Ozark_Kid  Question, John....when you had Covid, wasn't that before your Cruise?  Someone was telling me that Jim  could test Positive for some time after having the Virus, and so could test Positive when we go for our PCR test prior to our cruise.  Thoughts??

When Eric had covid last winter he was told to get a standard PCR test 14 days after he got home from hospital so he could resume the PT he was doing for his arm/shoulder.  He tested negative.

I have heard of some people testing positive with the standard PCR test but testing negative with rapid antigen test. 

For your cruise on Princess can you do the rapid test?

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The antigen test is much less likely to show positive as far out as a PCR test.  I will let others explain why. Does your test have to be a PCR?  

Thank you, John.

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When Eric had covid last winter he was told to get a standard PCR test 14 days after he got home from hospital so he could resume the PT he was doing for his arm/shoulder.  He tested negative.

I have heard of some people testing positive with the standard PCR test but testing negative with rapid antigen test. 

For your cruise on Princess can you do the rapid test?

Did I screw up the type of test we need to take 2 days before the cruise?  So, it's not the PCR test we have to take, but the rapid antigen test?  What a dummy I am.

We have to take the test in 18 days.  We cruise the Silhouette on the 15th🤞🙏

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, John.

Did I screw up the type of test we need to take 2 days before the cruise?  So, it's not the PCR test we have to take, but the rapid antigen test?  What a dummy I am.

We have to take the test in 18 days.  We cruise the Silhouette on the 15th🤞🙏

Yes, it is the antigen test that you need. And if you, or anyone with you, had covid recently the PCR test can stay positive for weeks... do not get that one. Besides, PCR can take 2-3 days to get the results.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you so much, OB, John, and Debbie, for the explanations of the two tests, and I surely did mix up the tests that we need.   Thanks again.   Now I can sleep tonight...lol!

You guys are the Best!!!😊

Happy to help.🙂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you so much, OB, John, and Debbie, for the explanations of the two tests, and I surely did mix up the tests that we need.   Thanks again.   Now I can sleep tonight...lol!

You guys are the Best!!!😊

Remember when doing the Antigen test it can not be an over the counter that you do on your own.  When taken it needs to be observed. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Nowadays if you’re in a movie theater, you sit through multiple previews of coming movies. 
I only enjoy movies that send me home with a smile on my face. 
However, when watching the trailers previewing maybe six coming movies, I want to see every one. They all look good, even the blood and guts ones!

My husband says the movies with blood are the best 😡

7 hours ago, George C said:

We will be above freezing in a couple of hours , my pool had a thin coat of ice this morning. 
   Academy award nominations come out Tuesday morning, we always try to see the ones nominated for best picture. I am sure we will be going to the movies often in next couple of months (with the exception of our upcoming cruise) , no masks are needed in Texas . Although I am sure some of the movies will be on Netflix and Prime.

I am also looking forward to Reacher series on prime, read several of the books and most likely will take one with me on cruise leaving in two weeks.

We were just out and it's bearable with the sun shining bright.  We bought a new computer because my current one broke almost in half when I dropped it, plus the battery died for good.  Funny thing happened.  I use a regular mouse on my laptop.  It stopped working and all of a sudden the curser I'm assuming on the touchpad went amok quickly clicking things every second, no rhyme or reason.  I couldn't click control panel since the cursor kept shutting it off.

We quickly returned the new laptop because I kept getting error messages after I got to the desktop.

I think we spent more time in Best Buy than at home today.

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Can't do without some drama and palpitations... I was worried about passing the PCR test tomorrow, but now another, bigger worry, just "landed".

The Dubai authorities don't like the security measures taken in all the Israeli airplanes, and decided to stop the flights between Israel and Dubai on Tuesday, one day before our flight...

I'm too old for this.

I am so sorry this happened to you Dani, and I know El-Al has meticulous security. I used to try and pick out the "marshalls" but how would I know?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We were just out and it's bearable with the sun shining bright.  We bought a new computer because my current one broke almost in half when I dropped it, plus the battery died for good.  Funny thing happened.  I use a regular mouse on my laptop.  It stopped working and all of a sudden the curser I'm assuming on the touchpad went amok quickly clicking things every second, no rhyme or reason.  I couldn't click control panel since the cursor kept shutting it off.

We quickly returned the new laptop because I kept getting error messages after I got to the desktop.

I think we spent more time in Best Buy than at home today.

What kind of laptop did you buy?  I keep over analyzing so I have put off buying one.

@Momof3gurlzDeb that airB&B sounds dreadful but your new digs look fabulous and what a view!!  Enjoy every moment.

One time Jack, myself and our daughter, approx. 6 at the time were in Vegas.  Business for Jack, fun for me and our daughter.  We checked into our hotel and gave our daughter the hotel key card.  She always loved opening the door BUT nobody expected to see what was going on in that bedroom.  I'll try and put this as delicately as possible.  The minute the door opened and our daughter rushed in, the first thing she saw was a man on top of a woman,  in action, luckily under the sheet.  We all froze but none more than the couple in that bed.

We rushed downstairs OMGing all the way. Hotel comped our entire week stay!

@lenquixote66Lenny, I stand with all the posts supporting you.

I have no idea what happened but you are the quintessential NY guy and I enjoy your posts.

I'm glad that tolerance and compassion are used in here by almost everyone.

@Sunshine3601I am so sorry this is going on with your MIL.   I would definitely talk to the neighbors.

@Ozark_KidIt was a Dell Inspiron touchscreen but as I posted, we returned it. It was on sale from $499 to $399.  I don't need one with all the bells and whistles.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1