Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Emma Cruises does a great "What I hated and what I loved" review on you tube about her cruise on Scarlet Lady.

Will check it out, have seen many of her you tube videos.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

As Dorthy said “There’s no place like home,” and that’s really true for me today.

4037A8E9-4707-4F00-A6EA-A28B25640F42.thumb.jpeg.d908571a39ba19e2d4fd68af9babb1db.jpeg

I was really tired and sore after my morning PT, so after Linda got me settled in on the couch and hooked up to my cold therapy machine, I was ready for nap with the puppies who gave me  lots of kisses. Then Lizzy snuggled next to my face.

30964C8B-297F-4445-B972-665A11FE6040.thumb.jpeg.2e3c48fb6acb38694446d906aeb26950.jpeg

Charlie made a good decision and laid on the other side of my good leg.

BDEFF4CE-12A4-435F-9CBB-DDCFCB0FF51D.thumb.jpeg.14281c586ab3b816475b9fbf8e8bab23.jpeg

Thanks to the pill Tramadol we snoozed.and snoozed. Great to be home. Thanks to everyone for their care and well wishes.

6BC8C288-E7A2-4456-AE41-4038BC900541.thumb.jpeg.737ea8b1b914c7bf1c5985378acc8c2e.jpeg

What a SWEET nurse!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BND said:

We're in No VA about 5 miles from Dulles Airport.  Dulles is closer to you than BWI (Baltimore) or even Reagan National (DC).   But Dulles is still over three hours from Roanoke.  You just happen to live in an area that doesn't have a large airport with lots of options.   Can I ask why you moved where you did?  SW VA is so rural.  Charlotte is probably your best bet.  I have friends that drive over an hour to Baltimore to save money on fares to some locations.

Yes, it is very rural here but that is still okay, Our house is beautiful, we love the area and all the mountains around it. We are about an hour from Roanoke and and hour from Bristol/TN/VA.

We talked about moving to Florida, but just darn to hot. Nice place to visit but wouldn't want to live there. We still like 4 seasons and just didn't think we would get that there in Florida.

Also the House taxes were sky high in NJ and only getting worse and the area was getting more conjested for our likings.

We now how a house twice the square footage that we had in NJ but are only paying a 1/4 of the taxes we were paying in NJ. Both house cost just about the same too, go figure.

We are very happy with the move.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone sailing now or sailing from Miami see the New Cruise Line sailing from Miami.

Virgin Cruise Line?

They have been running commercials on our local TV  station here. The ship looks fantastic, really large and beautiful. Has anyone seen this ship at any of the ports you have been to recently? If so any pictures?   No kids !

I have read some review of Virgin cruise lines.     Some love it and some are not so sure as it sounds like a completely different experience.

I have heard the furniture in their cabins is not very comfortable and is odd how you configure it.

Maybe some day I will try to find out for myself.    I did hear their food is amazing.   In fact one of the Chefs from the show Below Deck was going to be a celebrity chef for one of their sailings.       

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

@dani negreanu beautiful photos and video of stunning Dubai. I do much want to visit there. I hope you having a great time. I’m home and resting with my babies.

When I came home from the hospital after surgery in January 2020 my granddog was waiting for me on the living room couch .He did not leave except when I had to get up.😀

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

As Dorthy said “There’s no place like home,” and that’s really true for me today.

4037A8E9-4707-4F00-A6EA-A28B25640F42.thumb.jpeg.d908571a39ba19e2d4fd68af9babb1db.jpeg

I was really tired and sore after my morning PT, so after Linda got me settled in on the couch and hooked up to my cold therapy machine, I was ready for nap with the puppies who gave me  lots of kisses. Then Lizzy snuggled next to my face.

30964C8B-297F-4445-B972-665A11FE6040.thumb.jpeg.2e3c48fb6acb38694446d906aeb26950.jpeg

Charlie made a good decision and laid on the other side of my good leg.

BDEFF4CE-12A4-435F-9CBB-DDCFCB0FF51D.thumb.jpeg.14281c586ab3b816475b9fbf8e8bab23.jpeg

Thanks to the pill Tramadol we snoozed.and snoozed. Great to be home. Thanks to everyone for their care and well wishes.

6BC8C288-E7A2-4456-AE41-4038BC900541.thumb.jpeg.737ea8b1b914c7bf1c5985378acc8c2e.jpeg

So glad to hear you are home and looking very comfortable. The two pups are so adorable. Too bad your wife didn’t get a video for us to see their reaction to your arrival. I bet everyone was so happy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

His exact words were “My dear, I don’t give a damn.”  I’d call that pretty close!

image.thumb.jpeg.bcb7539c74bd7092c178d166e8516572.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aec6ee531932757a8bfb7237e8f3f3ce.jpeg

Well, I have been deluded all these years!

I read it somewhere and took it as gospel!

Thanks for straightening me out.

It’s definitely close enough!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

If you read it on the internet, it must be true, everything on the internet is true.  Maybe that’s a fake page from a fake book. 🧐🤪

• Haha 3

On 2/10/2022 at 10:21 PM, derorim said:

…So tomorrow morning we board our flight to FLL, and Saturday we step onto a beautiful new ship.  We are ready for a vacation!

Sorry that things were stressful in the beginning. As others have said it will all be worth it when you are on the ship. Enjoy your cruise.

On 2/10/2022 at 10:34 PM, BND said:

I used ones we took a couple of years ago against a wall in our house.  They've been accepted on a couple of cruises and worked for Harmony too.  They'll just retake yours if needed.

How do you use the ones from before? When we check in we have to take a new picture or skip it and have it done at the port.

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

OT went great yesterday learned how to do stairs. Minimal pain today. I’m amazed at my progress.

Glad to hear you aren’t having much pain and things are going well.

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

…Susan wanted me to use those skin softening filters to smooth out any wrinkles. I just said “what wrinkles?”, because I value my life 😂😂

Got a laugh out of that one. Hubby would probably say the same. You are a good husband.

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone sailing now or sailing from Miami see the New Cruise Line sailing from Miami.

Virgin Cruise Line?

Where have you been? 😁 Maybe we have been more aware of it since it’s sailing out of Miami. Probably on the news a lot more down here than other places. We thought we would like to try it because of the no kids, but most of the furniture doesn’t look very comfortable at all. Some of it looks downright strange.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Priceless!

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

…We are very happy with the move.

That’s what counts. It is a very beautiful area indeed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Except for the very end!

Rhett Butler never said “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn!”

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

His exact words were “My dear, I don’t give a damn.”  I’d call that pretty close!

image.thumb.jpeg.bcb7539c74bd7092c178d166e8516572.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aec6ee531932757a8bfb7237e8f3f3ce.jpeg

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

You are both correct. He said both lines. The movie added "Frankly". 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankly,_my_dear,_I_don't_give_a_damn

Edit: Voted #1 most memorable line by the American Film Institute. 

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Dani

Thank you for posting  photos from Dubai. The topiaries in the gardens were impressive !

Could you tell me the purpose of The Frame? Is it decorative architecture? I think that there is a similarly designed structure in Paris that is actually,an office building.

I hope you and your hubby continue to enjoy your holiday.

MJ 🙋🏻

Thank you for your kind words. A quote from Wiki….

The Dubai Frame is an architectural landmark in Zabeel Park, Dubai.[4] It holds the record for the largest frame in the world.[4] Whilst described by The Guardian newspaper as "the biggest picture frame on the planet,”[4] it is also controversial as the "biggest stolen building of all time.”[4]

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Mild & overcast in Sydney today. Today we did the Manly to North Head scenic walk.  From North Steyne, we walked along the Manly beachfront past the beach volleyball competition, past the Red Bull surfing competition.  Down through The Corso to Manly Wharf.  Next to Manly Wharf is East Esplanade Park where the walk actually starts.

AE16627E-AC58-44E3-A300-A65DF27209EB.jpeg

• Like 15

Next stop was the Army Barracks of North Head then  a nice walk through the bush, with harbour glimpses, to arrive at the Third Quarantine Cemetery where victims of smallpox, bubonic plague and influenza from the 1900s are buried.  The cemetery has stunning views over the harbour & Sydney city and it would be interesting to walk amongst the graves but the sign warning of snakes & ticks discouraged us from doing this during our summer visit.

873024DE-A094-4A5C-9C15-8F7611E06050.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1