Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Which answers the question as to why college tuition is so expensive! 😇

Not at all those big stadiums generate a lot of money for the school and  the athletic department throughout the whole school.  Without them the prices to go to those schools would be even higher.

The reason the college tuition is so high is because they can........It's like supply and demand on a cruise ship.............If people will buy it, skys the limit and  if they don't buy, the price would come down.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I guess then their Florida Home isn't as cool as this one then. Former Philadelphia Phillies Baseball Player Ryan Howard had this mansion built years ago. It took a very long time to build but sure is beautiful. Lazy River though the house and even a Bowling Alley.

Looks like he recently sold it for 16.5 million.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/water-cooler/photos-former-phillies-all-star-ryan-howard-selling-belleair-shores-mansion

https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/ryan-howard-sells-belleair-shores-mansion/

Here is the couple that bought it: Anniversary Gift

https://www.tampabay.com/florida/2019/02/01/take-a-tour-of-the-beachfront-house-ben-mallah-purchased-from-ryan-howard-for-a-record-165-million/

Eh, not impressed. No swim up bar at the end of the lazy river and way too many windows to clean*. 😉😁

I do like the wine room and unlike those Dubai properties, this house has several kitchens.

* - just kidding, obviously.  I wonder if the fact I'm a *ahem* few years older than they are, if they could still adopt me?

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

* - just kidding, obviously.  I wonder if the fact I'm a *ahem* few years older than they are, if they could still adopt me?

I wouldn't mine being their only best friends they know, imagine the perks !! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not at all those big stadiums generate a lot of money for the school and  the athletic department throughout the whole school.  Without them the prices to go to those schools would be even higher.

For many schools, the money made by the athletic department is disconnected from academics and tuition.  Athletic generated money usually goes back into the athletic program.  Big time football and basketball money pays for the unbelievable facilities, scholarships, and salaries of big time coaches (who are often the highest paid employees at the university).  The Men's Basketball facilities at UK (private dorm, practice facility, locker room, workout room, etc.) are incredible and were recently updated at a cost of $240M 😲.  I'm sure that Duke, UNC, UCLA, etc. are all similar.  Same for any big name football school.  It's necessary to attract recruits.  Big time sports also pay for the smaller sports that otherwise couldn't exist financially.

When my daughter was touring UK as a high school senior, the tour guide pointed out a new, state of the art academic building being built.  He was excited because it was the first time that athletic department money was funding an academic facility.  Apparently, they made so much money that they couldn't even spend it all on athletics and had to help out the school academically. 🤣

• Like 4

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The largest stadiums in the country are in cities that don't have Professional Football 😉

Screenshot_20220215-080817_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4d3dc4bd96f9faba5bc7fbbc328d4ba1.jpg

I've been to games at both Beaver Stadium and Ohio Stadium.  While perfectly fine for a college game, especially with their historic traditions, they aren't "fancy" enough for a Super Bowl crowd.  I imagine that the other college stadiums listed are similar.  Places like SoFi Stadium (LA), Allegiant Stadium (Vegas), and Jerry's World (Dallas) are night and day better places for people who will spend a LOT of money attending the SB.

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've been to games at both Beaver Stadium and Ohio Stadium.  While perfectly fine for a college game, especially with their historic traditions, they aren't "fancy" enough for a Super Bowl crowd.  I imagine that the other college stadiums listed are similar.  Places like SoFi Stadium (LA), Allegiant Stadium (Vegas), and Jerry's World (Dallas) are night and day better places for people who will spend a LOT of money attending the SB.

Absolutely, but someone mentioned large stadiums. However, there are a lot of uber fancy suites being built in all these SEC expansions.

• Like 1

What a relief. First shower since surgery (sorry no shower pics😉) and boy did it feel good. I was even able to stand and support myself. Incision I think is looking good. Putting those compression socks on were quite the ordeal. Finished the first season of “Reacher” and loved it. Nice during the day watching reruns of Below Deck while I rest and nap in between exercises. Feeling progress , it slow but I’m getting there. Thank you all for the love and support. You mean everything to me!

A306D762-9A57-4473-BE39-2F196658C27D.thumb.jpeg.9bfeb3ee3d944353337edaa82fd9afeb.jpeg

• Like 23

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I guess then their Florida Home isn't as cool as this one then. Former Philadelphia Phillies Baseball Player Ryan Howard had this mansion built years ago. It took a very long time to build but sure is beautiful. Lazy River though the house and even a Bowling Alley.

Looks like he recently sold it for 16.5 million.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/water-cooler/photos-former-phillies-all-star-ryan-howard-selling-belleair-shores-mansion

https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/ryan-howard-sells-belleair-shores-mansion/

Here is the couple that bought it: Anniversary Gift

https://www.tampabay.com/florida/2019/02/01/take-a-tour-of-the-beachfront-house-ben-mallah-purchased-from-ryan-howard-for-a-record-165-million/

Gorgeous home.    I remember seeing photos of the home on a TV show when Ryan Howard just a couple years ago.      Gorgeous home - I love that kitchen and would love to cook in it!

Having a lazy river run through the home would be lots of fun too but I love the pool overlooking the ocean - that would be my go to place after grabbing some wine from the cellar!

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Absolutely, but someone mentioned large stadiums. However, there are a lot of uber fancy suites being built in all these SEC expansions.

Yeah, SEC football money is a whole other level.  I imagine that there's a long line waiting to pay big bucks for suites at Bama and GA.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What a relief. First shower since surgery (sorry no shower pics😉) and boy did it feel good. I was even able to stand and support myself. Incision I think is looking good. Putting those compression socks on were quite the ordeal. Finished the first season of “Reacher” and loved it. Nice during the day watching reruns of Below Deck while I rest and nap in between exercises. Feeling progress , it slow but I’m getting there. Thank you all for the love and support. You mean everything to me!

A306D762-9A57-4473-BE39-2F196658C27D.thumb.jpeg.9bfeb3ee3d944353337edaa82fd9afeb.jpeg

When I had to wear compression stockings I bought an aid that really was an aid. Saved my sanity!

5F541312-5C6D-4C66-9CE5-54751FC66E93.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm definitely not a Dr. but I think that looks great.     Glad to hear that everyday is getting better for you.     Thank god you showered - LOL!   (Sorry I couldn't resist). 

I finally watched the last episode of Below Deck last night and OMG that Rayna is a true Snot!   I couldn't believe she turned on Wes who seems like a great guy and was always there for her 

I will watch the reunion this week.     

I do feel sorry for Captain Lee and his Wife for loss of their Son.   He definitely is not the same person since that happened, no one would be.     Others have said maybe Eddie will take over for Captain Lee I think Eddie has a long way to go before he would be able to command a ship and a crew on Below Deck.      

I would love to hear of Rachel's adventure of living on a renovated school bus and traveling the US.    She was amazing this year and so glad she avoided getting drunk and becoming that "off the wall crazy" person.

Hopefully Below Deck Sailing will be better this season as I have always found them to be a little boring.    I do love the sailing yachts and think it would be amazing to be on one.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

You will be fine. My doctor told me 3 weeks with my hips, and he was absolutely correct. That's about how long the surgical pain lasts, and the rest of it will be from the exercises. Most people shouldn't worry about pain meds. They never made me happy, just sleepy. I don't quite know what the attraction is. Cocaine was a lot more fun back in the 80's. :classic_biggrin: JMO. 

When I was in my teens it was possible to get pain medication over the counter in drug stores that now are not available any where.

Cocaine was available in pharmacies when my father was a teenager.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What a relief. First shower since surgery (sorry no shower pics😉) and boy did it feel good. I was even able to stand and support myself. Incision I think is looking good. Putting those compression socks on were quite the ordeal.  Feeling progress , it slow but I’m getting there. Thank you all for the love and support. You mean everything to me!

Greg, glad to hear that you are progressing along nicely. Sounds like you finally got the pain meds schedule down. Just keep plugging along and in no time you will be out and about with (hopefully) no problems. Then you can move on to your other knee and be in great shape for playing with the puppies and hassle free cruising.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

OMG! WOWZA!

And they are young. Wonderful! I am sure they are enjoying it! I will not be sour and say that people who buy such homes rarely live in it! 😁LOL! Come on people stop judging and be happy for someone else!!!!!😁

Approximately 30 years ago I received an invitation to attend a party at the home of a cousin who I lost saw at my wedding.She was living in Englewood Cliffs,NJ.We were never in that part of NJ and could not find the house.We saw what we believed was a hotel and figured we would go In and get directions. It turned out to be my cousins house.

Years later I heard that they sold their house and bought a Manhattan apartment for $8 million .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I finally watched the last episode of Below Deck last night and OMG that Rayna is a true Snot!   I couldn't believe she turned on Wes who seems like a great guy and was always there for her 

I will watch the reunion this week.     

I do feel sorry for Captain Lee and his Wife for loss of their Son.   He definitely is not the same person since that happened, no one would be.     Others have said maybe Eddie will take over for Captain Lee I think Eddie has a long way to go before he would be able to command a ship and a crew on Below Deck.      

I would love to hear of Rachel's adventure of living on a renovated school bus and traveling the US.    She was amazing this year and so glad she avoided getting drunk and becoming that "off the wall crazy" person.

Hopefully Below Deck Sailing will be better this season as I have always found them to be a little boring.    I do love the sailing yachts and think it would be amazing to be on one.

Totally agree with assessment of BD. What Rayna did to Wes is just as bad if not worse than what Heather said.

I hope Captain Lee but I can see the burden he has. He is not the same.

The Rachel/Bus escapade should be a show in itself.

I too hope BD Sailing has a good season.

1 hour ago, cruisingpeople said:

Greg, glad to hear that you are progressing along nicely. Sounds like you finally got the pain meds schedule down. Just keep plugging along and in no time you will be out and about with (hopefully) no problems. Then you can move on to your other knee and be in great shape for playing with the puppies and hassle free cruising.

Thanks I haven’t taken a Oxycodone since last night. Trying to wean myself off.

38 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Enjoying a Sea Dog Special Old Fashioned.  Cheers to you Greg! 

IMG_8211.thumb.jpg.66eea77d2e22d22035c6075e38ea5c57.jpg

IMG_8212.thumb.jpg.88c49e6fffa33ed58f1f2ccea739fe04.jpg

Cheers to you buddy. That looks down right tasty. I need to make it with both the Woodford’s. I tend to mix it up too much.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Enjoying a Sea Dog Special Old Fashioned.  Cheers to you Greg! 

IMG_8211.thumb.jpg.66eea77d2e22d22035c6075e38ea5c57.jpg

IMG_8212.thumb.jpg.88c49e6fffa33ed58f1f2ccea739fe04.jpg

Looks great, but wife been asking for dirty martinis, so I will make a batch tonight.

Just discovered AA changed our flight for Friday to 8:55 , I hate waking up early , luckily we are only about 20 mins or less from airport. Bought some CD’s to get autographed on our cruise 

Air Supply, Mellisa Manchester, Maria Muldaur, 10cc and Little River band, Badfinger.

• Like 14