Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, George C said:

Opening act is Foreigner, but no chance to get autographs got them, lots of fun talking to some of these artists that we have liked for decades. 

Sounds like an amazing charter. We always had music and theatre charters in the autumn here in the UK on RC but I never went on one

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Sounds like an amazing charter. We always had music and theatre charters in the autumn here in the UK on RC but I never went on one

I just saw on other thread your SiL has covid.  I hope her symptoms remain mild and that both of you continue to test negative😍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Approximately 30 years ago I received an invitation to attend a party at the home of a cousin who I lost saw at my wedding.She was living in Englewood Cliffs,NJ.We were never in that part of NJ and could not find the house.We saw what we believed was a hotel and figured we would go In and get directions. It turned out to be my cousins house.

Years later I heard that they sold their house and bought a Manhattan apartment for $8 million .

Darlington?

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

When I had to wear compression stockings I wore rubber gloves to get them on easier.  It was so difficult in the beginning.  THEN I discovered the aid shown above. What a difference it made.

Have a great cruise.  I think I mentioned this earlier:  I can't understand why Melissa Manchester's career wasn't longer than it was.  I just love her songs.

and all Air Supply songs as well.  No flashy outfits, no elaborate stage props.  Just sweet, pure music.

For a while I thought Air Supply recorded Styx's "Come Sail Away " which we've heard on every single cruise welcome show. 

When I was an exchange student "Come Sail Away" was my favorite song. My mom would send me cassette tapes occasionally, instead of letters, and on every one started with a recording of the song.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

When I was an exchange student "Come Sail Away" was my favorite song. My mom would send me cassette tapes occasionally, instead of letters, and on every one started with a recording of the song.

Never understood why they made an abbreviated version of the song that left out a verse. I liked the full version.

• Like 3

Due to the fact that there are so many former Brooklyn,NY residents living in Florida my HS and JHS held reunions yesterday in Fla.A friend of mine who moved to Fla a few years ago sent me pictures this morning.I last went to a school reunion in 2011 so it was interesting seeing all the attendees who I knew in the schools.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

One of the most popular series shown in the US is Glitch.Was that as popular in Australia ?

Embarrassed to admit I hadn’t heard of it. So there must not have been much of a buzz around it here. I checked with hubby who watches all the Aussie dramas.  He said he only watched the first 2 episodes.  It wasn’t for him.

Did you enjoy it?