Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We have returned from our short trip to south Florida.  First we spent two days at the Flywheelers tractor show.  370 acres of things to look at and some things to buy.  My husband got a great deal on a tabletop planer so he is happy.  It was warm but we had a golf cart or else I would have never made it for two whole days.  Day three was at Crystal Springs to see the manatees.  The week before had been cold and there were hundreds in the Springs.  The day we were there it was warm so we were lucky to see the mom and two babies.  The house sitter was wonderful so now we can plan more trips this year.

DSC03296.thumb.JPG.d4b9dd7d902afe2a563ce4812d9c2c18.JPGDSC03265.thumb.JPG.a7273d2600bc9540ce7da83b14f5320f.JPGDSC03255.thumb.JPG.fc1b436c80db0aa39dd98f0c99d57bdd.JPG

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

They are so easy to make.

I used a blend of recipes. I used the ingredients for baked pork spring rolls from allrecipes and the frying cooking method for shrimp egg rolls from skinny taste. Reason: The skinnytaste flavor blend was watery. (Plus her shrimp egg rolls were blah. I also tried the reuben egg rolls and they were not good either.)

I liked the spice flavor from allrecipes. I did fry down the cabbage mix like in skinnytaste  with green onions and fresh ginger. (I used a whole bag of Dole cabbage mix.) They suggested leave it fresh. Let it cool before assembling or you will burn your fingers. I used a generous 1/8 cup of filling in each. Made 15 rolls.

I didn't use the cornstarch to seal the egg roll. Water is enough. Bake as in allrecipes.

John likes straight up Chinese hot mustard. I like my mustard mixed with a bit of sweet egg roll bottled sauce.

There you have it. Go make some. You'll be happy.

Big fan of Skinnytaste here. Healthier versions of  recipes that actually taste good!  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We have returned from our short trip to south Florida.  First we spent two days at the Flywheelers tractor show.  370 acres of things to look at and some things to buy.  My husband got a great deal on a tabletop planer so he is happy.  It was warm but we had a golf cart or else I would have never made it for two whole days.  Day three was at Crystal Springs to see the manatees.  The week before had been cold and there were hundreds in the Springs.  The day we were there it was warm so we were lucky to see the mom and two babies.  The house sitter was wonderful so now we can plan more trips this year.

DSC03296.thumb.JPG.d4b9dd7d902afe2a563ce4812d9c2c18.JPGDSC03265.thumb.JPG.a7273d2600bc9540ce7da83b14f5320f.JPGDSC03255.thumb.JPG.fc1b436c80db0aa39dd98f0c99d57bdd.JPG

Manatees are such awesome animals.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Manatees are such awesome animals.

They are.  We don't normally have them up here.  The marine mammal stranding unit of my refuge did get a call a few weeks ago about one that was in a canal.  They went out and determined that the water was warm enough and it had food so they did not need to relocate it.  I am not part of that team because we live too far away from the coast for me to be able to respond quickly.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

They are so easy to make.

I used a blend of recipes. I used the ingredients for baked pork spring rolls from allrecipes and the frying cooking method for shrimp egg rolls from skinny taste. Reason: The skinnytaste flavor blend was watery. (Plus her shrimp egg rolls were blah. I also tried the reuben egg rolls and they were not good either.)

I liked the spice flavor from allrecipes. I did fry down the cabbage mix like in skinnytaste  with green onions and fresh ginger. (I used a whole bag of Dole cabbage mix.) They suggested leave it fresh. Let it cool before assembling or you will burn your fingers. I used a generous 1/8 cup of filling in each. Made 15 rolls.

I didn't use the cornstarch to seal the egg roll. Water is enough. Bake as in allrecipes.

John likes straight up Chinese hot mustard. I like my mustard mixed with a bit of sweet egg roll bottled sauce.

There you have it. Go make some. You'll be happy.

Thanks. I may try this. I’m a big fan of “Duck Sauce,” for dipping egg rolls in.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

It's cool they let you ride agolf cart around the tractor show. My golf cart could have fit right in. 🙂

20220203_084613.jpg

20220203_084626.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Tonight for our dinner I made oven baked egg rolls. I'm getting better at rolling them up-only broke through 1 wrapper tonight. 

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Those look great. I love egg rolls so much that I could eat those all day long.

Same here, I always order them before the entrees on a Chinese restaurant. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

My sister is getting here today and staying for a month.  We took her down to Haulover Cut in October to see the manatees but there were none there.  Plan is to try Blue Springs State Park.  From what I hear they are always there.  Have you been there @Keksie?

A friend of mine has an "adopted" manatee there.  She said it's a beautiful place, but recommends planning on being there before they open because the roads get really backed up and you'll be waiting in line for several hours.   Their "manatee season" runs November to March, and you'll see HUNDREDS of "swimming potatoes" there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, brillohead said:

A friend of mine has an "adopted" manatee there.  She said it's a beautiful place, but recommends planning on being there before they open because the roads get really backed up and you'll be waiting in line for several hours.   Their "manatee season" runs November to March, and you'll see HUNDREDS of "swimming potatoes" there.

Doing more research and apparently there were no manatees  there today. I thought they were always there. Their FB page  gives the number of sightings each day.

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

My sister is getting here today and staying for a month.  We took her down to Haulover Cut in October to see the manatees but there were none there.  Plan is to try Blue Springs State Park.  From what I hear they are always there.  Have you been there @Keksie?

I have not been there.  It looks beautiful.  I am putting that on our places to visit in Florida list.  

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Doing more research and apparently there were no manatees  there today. I thought they were always there. Their FB page  gives the number of sightings each day.

We were lucky to see the ones we saw.  It has been warming up and they don't congregate in large quantities.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Not a good morning here today.One of Toby’s closest friends passed away this morning.She fell at home last week and sustained many injuries.She died in the hospital.

My condolences of the loss of Toby’s dear friend. Very sad to hear. Give her a hug from me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Blue Springs is where there used to be  a good number of manatees. 
Sadly, they have been dying in huge numbers everywhere in Florida because of lack of food. 
Food is now being provided in the hopes of saving them. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Sadly, they have been dying in huge numbers everywhere in Florida because of lack of food. 

I thought they were always there but apparently they are not.  There were none there today according to their FB page

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

The only manatees I have been able to see were at Epcot.

Not a good morning here today.One of Toby’s closest friends passed away this morning.She fell at home last week and sustained many injuries.She died in the hospital.

My sympathy to Toby. As we get older, our friends become more precious than ever. 
It’s scary to think how a fall can kill you. 
I realize how lucky I was in December to avoid serious injury. 

• Like 5

Adding my sympathy to the loss of one of Toby’s friends

• Like 2

On 2/25/2022 at 3:36 PM, Luckynana said:

Sitting on balcony.  I had my first Miami Vice.  Wow, it was delicious!!  Beautiful day.  Wish you were here, y'all!  

I have my drink list in my bag.  Have another Miami Vice, or continue down the list?🤔

I’m going to start at the top and hopefully I can do them all this month. I put them in alphabetical order and added the one Brillohead listed and any others I saw. 😁🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🎉🎉🎉

On 2/26/2022 at 9:26 AM, dani negreanu said:

Thank you for your kind words, Judy. I too, as a "veteran" of some wars, deplore the situation, knowing what it entails....

My only remaining relative died in his sleep more than a month ago. He was 93, and the president of the Association of Romanian Jews Victims of the Holocaust. His whole family, along with my maternal grandparents and my aunt were deported to Transnistria. All survived, beside my grandfather.

Also, my BFF from primary and HS, who is also non-Jewish and was recently widowed. That's all.

Sad, sad situation. Democracies are no match against dictatorship

Sorry about your lose. War is sure a horrible thing. My mom was in a camp in Germany during WW ll. She really doesn’t talk about it. Lost one of her brothers in it. She was about 6 - 7.

On 2/27/2022 at 3:08 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

Yes very cute and perfectly harmless.  Glad you are enjoying the photos.  It’s hard to do everything when you travel but I am hoping my posts are giving people ideas of walks they can do if they visit Sydney.  This one is a little more difficult to get to but the rest of the walks I have posted so far are easy to do if staying in Circular Quay or CBD.

Thanks I’m really enjoying the pictures and info. Hopefully cruising will happen in October and we can enjoy some of them. 

21 hours ago, jagsfan said:

…Resolutions found the error, reinstated us and. got our Jr Suite back. Our new invoice shows .70 due. I was told not to worry about the balance. Hah!

Back when I got that $279.86 balance due, I questioned it and was told it didn’t really exist, and not to worry about it. 

What a PITA. Glad everything worked out for you.

• Like 2