Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Last Friday morning I went to a Wound Center at a local hospital for treatment of a Decubitus Ulcer .The doctor applied lidocaine and removed the dead skin.I am on an antibiotic and Nurse Toby has been treating the wound every day.It had been getting better but late this afternoon it was very painful.I am going back to the doctor tomorrow morning.

Never a dull day here.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and best wishes Lenny.

Graham.

Heal quickly Lenny.

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Last Friday morning I went to a Wound Center at a local hospital for treatment of a Decubitus Ulcer .The doctor applied lidocaine and removed the dead skin.I am on an antibiotic and Nurse Toby has been treating the wound every day.It had been getting better but late this afternoon it was very painful.I am going back to the doctor tomorrow morning.

Never a dull day here.

• Like 1

Ok, it could only happen to me.

So did anyone ever have an allergic reaction to "Whiskey"

Well, not the drinkable kind.

So for Christmas I received a gift bottle of body wash from Bath and Beyond, it is the  store with the blue and white checkered logo.

So after a hard day (yea hard for me, I am retired) I leisurely jump in the shower and use this new shower gel " Sweet Whiskey" after which I would jump under the soft sheets and go nightie night.

We are really not drinkers (except on cruises with drink package), and I thought it would be enough to let me fall fast asleep.

It smelled sooo nice and I truly enjoyed the shower.

Put the jammies on and jumped into bed waiting to visions of sugar plums danced in my head, as I just settled down to a long winters.............

When under the covers  to my surprise.........................I sprang from the bed to see what was a matter.

Away to the light switch I flipped it up so fast.........When what to my wondering eyes should appear.

A body rash, hives, welts and reddened areas on my face, chest, and body areas that are to sensitive to mention here.

Damn, is was itchy, and looked like I had Chicken Pox.

Well, the nurse that I was immediately took Benadryl, and got out the Calamine spray and Cortisone cream and went to town, placing it on every nook and cranny.  I looked like the pink Easter Peep.

I do not know which came first, the resolution of the itching or the welts going down, but I was fortunate to have relief from tearing up my skin with my nails in a few  min.

Was able to fall asleep and when I woke up besides finding pink bed linen, my skin had a mild rash with a few raised areas.

It took almost 5 days to disappear  completely.

Now I still have one other "whiskey gel" unopened product.

Maybe if on the Bella Cruise I will bring it if we have a gift exchange.  (not). The happy dumpster is getting it.

What a scare.

So, now I go back to my simple old fashioned Dove.

Like I said, growing up we were always told to "watch your Whiskey"

Guess I should have headed that warning.

Take care

• Like 11
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, Keksie said:

I had to say goodbye to my Kubota today.  He was the sweetest cat.  We got him 15 years ago with his brother Cinnamon.  His brother is the same color but has short hair.  

Kubota.thumb.jpeg.be7fd2a116602097338b61834ace631e.jpeg

I am very sorry to hear this. I am sure you did what was in Kubota's best interest, without any more suffering or pain.

Sending lots of hugs to you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Never a dull day here.

Lenny, I hope you feel better soon.

11 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So for Christmas I received a gift bottle of body wash from Bath and Beyond, it is the  store with the blue and white checkered logo.

So after a hard day (yea hard for me, I am retired) I leisurely jump in the shower and use this new shower gel " Sweet Whiskey" after which I would jump under the soft sheets and go nightie night.

We are really not drinkers (except on cruises with drink package), and I thought it would be enough to let me fall fast asleep.

Put the jammies on and jumped into bed waiting to visions of sugar plums danced in my head, as I just settled down to a long winters.............

When under the covers  to my surprise.........................I sprang from the bed to see what was a matter.

Away to the light switch I flipped it up so fast.........When what to my wondering eyes should appear.

A body rash, hives, welts and reddened areas on my face, chest, and body areas that are to sensitive to mention here.

Well, the nurse that I was immediately took Benadryl, and got out the Calamine spray and Cortisone cream and went to town, placing it on every nook and cranny.  I looked like the pink Easter Peep.

I do not know which came first, the resolution of the itching or the welts going down, but I was fortunate to have relief from tearing up my skin with my nails in a few  min.

Was able to fall asleep and when I woke up besides finding pink bed linen, my skin had a mild rash with a few raised areas.

Maybe if on the Bella Cruise I will bring it if we have a gift exchange.  (not). The happy dumpster is getting it.

What a scare.

Take care

OMG! I hope you are feeling well and are all "smooth" now.

12 hours ago, Keksie said:

I had to say goodbye to my Kubota today.  He was the sweetest cat.  We got him 15 years ago with his brother Cinnamon.  His brother is the same color but has short hair.  

I'm sorry to read this. Hugs to you from afar. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

What a scare.

Take care

Somehow Sweet Whiskey Body Gel does not sound right. I wonder what ingredient it was that caused your reaction? I even wonder if there is a drop of whiskey even in it?

49 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

What a scare.

Take care

You are very funny when you tell your stories.  So sorry that instead of a lovely night sleep you had that happen.  

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Crystal, as usual, you have taken us on a great journey!

@singinalot I'm wondering once she moves to Florida are the land adventures going to curtail and more cruising taking place like many  others that move to Florida with it so easy to jump on  ships.

I'm thinking she and Nate are liking the land adventures much more then cruising where you can do so  many new and exciting things and see so much more.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

What a fabulous night! I can’t imagine the excitement of being there!

Thank you for sharing it with us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

What a scare.

Take care

Happened to me with Peppermint Body Cream. Only used it once, but I still have it. It’s a big tube, seems a shame to throw it away, but I’d hate to inflict my experience on someone else!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I’ll end the trip report here 🙂 thanks all for tuning in.

Thank you, very much enjoyed it. 

And now I want to go to Eataly.  There are 2 in NYC that I know of. Might need to make a trip into the city  next week. 🙂

• Like 4

@singinalot Thanks for sharing.  You have have a beautiful family and looks like y’all really love one another.  The food pics and a look around the places you visited were great.  
‘It was neat seeing the performances.  It reminds of my younger years when they held concerts with several bands in one place.  Great to hear several performers in one visit.

We got to see Dolly P with Kenny R.  Dolly is such a great performer.  I loved how the projected her on the blue Jean pocket.  I am also a big fan of Kelly.  She seems like she would be a great person to hang out with.  I will never forget when Carrie performed with Steven T.  It was great!  

• Like 3

@Keksie so very sorry. I too was hoping that the surgery will get you more time with Kubota.

@lenquixote66 Lenny, I'm sure Toby will help you recover quickly. Get well!!

@singinalot, we definitely need a "sad" and "hugs" button.

May I propose 😢 for sad ?  Sadly, didn't find anything for "hugs" 😢....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1