Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The only member of The Moody Blues whose name I remember is Justin Hayward.

Only one I knew was John Lodge there bass player , mostly because he was on our cruise a couple of years ago. What I thought was interesting was the setup they had 5 microphones on stage and just took turns doing the leads for the songs . When I googled the band I didn’t even see Denny name , did show Justin and Lodge , would definitely recommend this concert.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Are you plowing the fields yet? Guess the fields would still be to wet from melting snow. When does the planting begin? Mid May or later? what do you plant?

We now share crop now with a neighbour, since we dispersed our cow calf breedering operation.  Our farms (500 acres) are a secondary business to our main family business.  

Depending on the weather the land will be scratched in early to mid April around here.  Large operations here will start to plant as early as possible, with the earliest I've seen corn in the ground was the first week of April.  That year it was warm and dry early, but it didn't pop for 3 weeks after cold and wet weather came in.  They were lucky they didn't have to replant.

Usually corn goes in  most late April to early May. Beans will follow after that. I have seen corn go in as late as mid-day thought, it just gets switched a faster maturing variety. This year we will have winter wheat, corn, soybeans (crusher as well as premium human consumption) and hay in our rotation with our neighbour.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 11

28 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We now share crop now with a neighbour, since we dispersed our cow calf breedering operation.  Our farms (500 acres) are a secondary business to our main family business.  

Depending on the weather the land will be scratched in early to mid April around here.  Large operations here will start to plant as early as possible, with the earliest I've seen corn in the ground was the first week of April.  That year it was warm and dry early, but it didn't pop for 3 weeks after cold and wet weather came in.  They were lucky they didn't have to replant.

Usually corn goes in  most late April to early May. Beans will follow after that. I have seen corn go in as late as mid-day thought, it just gets switched a faster maturing variety. This year we will have winter wheat, corn, soybeans (crusher as well as premium human consumption) and hay in our rotation with our neighbour.

Know what you mean about planting to early.....Not know to much about the weather here in Virginia, I had  my whole garden planted second week of April, Corn, Tomatoes and Peppers and Eggplant all looking great, Corn was up about 3 inches..............then a late frost got me the 1st week of May and had to replant everything again........What a bummer, but lesson learned. I tilled the garden yesterday but still I think I will wait until Mid May to plant when the ground is warmer and hopefully weather more stable.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Driving across Canada and down through the Dakotas in May one year, we were entranced by all the wee corn a few inches tall. 
In Florida, by May everything is full grown. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

You never heard of Moody Blues ? That I find very surprising.

The final Jeopardy question last night was : Who at 95 recorded a new album with new songs ?   Surprisingly and to Diana Ross’ chagrin 2/3 rd(s) picked her.   

Check out Trembleclefs.com    A vocal community group of Parkinson patients who meet in person for singing and vocal exercises.   There is also an on-line feature.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Just boarded the Mariner. Time to party

IMG_20220322_112244039.jpg

Looks tasty! Have a fantastic time.

17 minutes ago, NHProud said:

The final Jeopardy question last night was : Who at 95 recorded a new album with new songs ?   Surprisingly and to Diana Ross’ chagrin 2/3 rd(s) picked her.   

I saw that too and I’m horrible at Jeopardy but I knew it was Tony Bennett. Diana Ross is no where near 95.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

1 hour ago, cruisingpeople said:

Enjoy your cruise. 

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent  Have a Wonderful Cruise😃

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have a great cruise. 

+ 4 😘

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, NHProud said:

''I saw that too.  I was surprised when one of them thought D. Ross was that old, but two of them????

To have them think she's 20 or so years older, how insulting!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I cannot figure out why my new phone is not letting me post photos on here.  Let me post that one of towel buddy but nothing since.    I have checked camera settings.   Suggestions?

I don’t remember having problems uploading pics but I did have problems with video.  I had to turn off a (hate to say this) VPN security setting to help with bandwidth.  I believe that it had to do with an AT&T security app.  
I just found something for you to check.  Go to settings,  At the top you will see a search option.  Search for browser.  Click on App info, Internet.  About 3 options down you will see Permissions.  Click on that and you will see which apps are allowed and not allowed.  Related to pics mine shows Camera and Storage-Media.  Click on the Storage-Media.  Here you should see that you have chosen "Allow access to media only".  At the bottom click on "See all apps with this permission. Scroll down to "Gallery" and click.  Here you will see "Allow Access to media only" chosen.  Below that you can click to see all Gallery permissions.  
That I believe is what @Sea Dog was suggesting.  If all looks good with permission setting I might ask the ones that helped you with the VPN issues.  They are good and happy to help.  
Sorry for the late response.  I have been busy helping my daughters seed some flowers. 💐 

let me know if you figure it out.  If not I will look some more.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Check out Trembleclefs.com    A vocal community group of Parkinson patients who meet in person for singing and vocal exercises.   There is also an on-line feature.

Prior to the pandemic I was a member of a group of Parkinson’s patients who met in person and played drums.Prior to joining the group I never played a drum.

Last night I was watching The Weakest Link.One of the questions asked of a guy who just completed graduate school was about a famous novel written by Dumas.His answer was To Kill A Mockingbird.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

IMG_20220322_112244039.jpg

The drink looks great. It’s been awhile since we cruised Mariner.  I wonder if it would be easier to find you on Mariner than it was for me to find you on Harmony. 😂 Have a great cruise Ellen.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks tasty! Have a fantastic time.

I saw that too and I’m horrible at Jeopardy but I knew it was Tony Bennett. Diana Ross is no where near 95.

Diana Ross is or will be 78 this month.I posted previously ,not sure if it was on this thread.Approximately 40 years ago my co-worker Cliff and I went to see Diana Ross in an outdoor concert.Cliff was a huge fan.I volunteered him to go up on stage and dance with her.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Know what you mean about planting to early.....Not know to much about the weather here in Virginia, I had  my whole garden planted second week of April, Corn, Tomatoes and Peppers and Eggplant all looking great, Corn was up about 3 inches..............then a late frost got me the 1st week of May and had to replant everything again........What a bummer, but lesson learned. I tilled the garden yesterday but still I think I will wait until Mid May to plant when the ground is warmer and hopefully weather more stable.

It gets so tempting sometimes to plant early.  I start my seeds indoors and sometimes it’s hard to time it out right.  I learned to start the peppers early.  I know to start the cherry tomatoes later than the others.  This year I am learning that Amish Paste tomatoes grow fast so I will put them off a bit next year.  
I am in zone 7b so I plan to plant April 15.  Last year after I harvested the garlic in mid May, I planted corn.  It was a failure for me.  Bugs destroyed them.  From what I read the bugs become more likely to be a problem if you plant them later for your zone.  
My SIL helped me haul some 16’ cattle panels to the house.  I am going to use them to trellis my tomatoes.  I am also going to arch a couple of them and let beans grow on them.

103C4BC5-AF33-4B2D-9A9C-99FA9A22B1AC.thumb.jpeg.ce4d65f6618778dd02d5080984a2c071.jpeg

• Like 4

It seems so quiet and calm in the house right now.  We have had 4 weeks of sharing the house with others.  Sharon’s mom visited for 3 weeks while they worked on the quilts.  Before she left 8 in-laws came to visit a few days. When they left 3 of the grandkids came to visit.  We had good times but it can wear you out. We have several birthdays to celebrate in March.  While the grandkids were here we had a birthday party for Caden and Aubrey.  A bunch of local kids and parents joined in.  

B27103BC-86C5-4A82-8CF9-E5D4468AAE07.thumb.jpeg.9b86d41bec2045ae25043a244ec26d96.jpeg

We took the older grandkids to our older DD home yesterday.  They are having their annual Cousins Camp.   The boys went hiking while they girls painted.

E97334E0-96AD-45AD-8307-A09B532BB627.thumb.jpeg.cc1768a31d176b0b0c609580bf5a3e46.jpeg

F897DFB3-9B37-4A26-9AB3-E5B25A782903.thumb.jpeg.df6ed636510f85365d87019f8cc4fe84.jpeg

CAED4E42-8522-4188-8FAB-8EAFA0DE3472.thumb.jpeg.3494d4c31ff147e5129f24734e2aac5d.jpeg

Last evening they went to Chuck E Cheese.

06265F1A-88D3-43F8-88C2-B3BFB137DE95.thumb.jpeg.3b8ec86f50292229b75e5c18671b0968.jpeg

• Like 20