Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

JUST WOW! The Pizza Mafia at its best!😉

Seriously is it a sin to like Sorrento's pizza or anything else? No body is forcing it down or up anyone's anatomy. Why the badgering of someone who enjoys it thoroughtly?!

I don't care what he likes or doesn't. He is the one trying to convince me that it is good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Have you ever been to an empty Sorrento’s ? I never have ,not even at 2 AM .I have eaten pizza all over the US and in my opinion the best pizza is in NYC .I grew up eating more pizza than any other food.

I have never had a Sorrento’s pizza that tasted bad.

Not badgering and of course food is very subjective but this ex-NYer can't figure how Sorrento's (I've had it, meh) can be so good when you know the deliciousness of epic NY pizza.  Of course, my opinion only.

1 hour ago, George C said:

How many years or decades ago was that, I don’t recall pizza on my MSc cruise 20 years ago but on my MSc seaside cruise it was very good, best pizza I had was in Naples , not Naples Florida but Italy. You also see the Italian restaurant Olive Garden crowded but you would have to pay me to eat there . 

I call Olive Garden fake Italian food.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our 7 year old granddaughter just gave us this.  It has a drawing on the other side.941BD426-535D-4FDE-996A-A34F14B0A255.thumb.jpeg.f753e815731d7e6ea907dcd11d5687c4.jpeg

Happy 51st Anniversary!  What a honey your granddaughter is!

@NHProud Prayers that all goes well with your daughter.

@Lionesss Virtual hugs.

(((((((((((((Sue and Rick)))))))))))))))))))

@LuckynanaMaryann, so glad Ava is on the way home!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Very happy to hear that Ava is on her way home!

Thank you, Arzeena!

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sooo thankful to hear.  Thanks for sharing.  Let us know when she makes it back.

Thank you so much, John!  How are your niece and her family doing since the fire?🙏

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Fantastic news!  

Thanks Bob!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Wonderful news,MaryAnn

Thank you,Lenny!

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our 7 year old granddaughter just gave us this.  It has a drawing on the other side.941BD426-535D-4FDE-996A-A34F14B0A255.thumb.jpeg.f753e815731d7e6ea907dcd11d5687c4.jpeg

Happy, Happy Anniversary, Marietta and Charlie!  I wish you so many more years of happiness!

I love the card from your granddaughter!❤️

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

🙏🙏 for Ava. Being in the hospital is hard enough. Being in the hospital in a foreign country has to be scary. I’m glad her friends are keeping her company. 

Thank you so much, Mimi!

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@Luckynana -- glad that Ava Jude is on her way home. Thanks for letting us know.

@h20skibum -- so true about never stop worrying about kids and grandkids.

@NHProud -- wishing your daughter benign results on the biopsy, and your hubby - a very successful surgery and easy recovery.

@DaniDanielle -- Marietta & Charlie, Happy Anniversary on your 51th 💐, your granddaughter letter is so lovely, full of love.

@Ocean Boy -- hope that the weather and the pizza will improve ASAP.

@singinalot -- I'm sure that with your credentials, a better position is just around the corner, no worries 😘

.... and, on the matter of pizzas, I think Graham's and Pauline's are the BEST 🤪

+1

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I love those cards that the grandkids make (and ones our kids made when they were little), because they take the time to make something special.  I bet you keep all of them like we do.  

Happy 51st Anniversary and many more. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just stopped at Sorrento's. Thought I'd keep lunch light and have a couple of pieces of pizza. I won't be making that mistake the rest if the week without first ingesting alcohol. It is bad. 

Maybe the A-team of pizza makers work the night shift & it's the rookie team that work the day shift, when more kids are eating pizza & they don't care.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I have missed about 5 pages so I hope all is ok with everyone's world.  I see Ava Jude is home - Yippee.  I had the best day ever.  First a yarn Festival happened to be close by and then I saw 9 bears and 5 turkeys while we were driving in the National Park.  

Resized_20220423_151735(2).jpeg

• Like 18

All the pizza talk made me want some, so MisterTonopah made (from scratch!) his mushroom, onion, and pepperoni masterpiece on the smoker. Complete with seasoned crust and a nice Cabernet.

A6A32EED-F898-446F-98F2-C295434067A6.jpeg

Edited by Tonopah
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Not badgering and of course food is very subjective but this ex-NYer can't figure how Sorrento's (I've had it, meh) can be so good when you know the deliciousness of epic NY pizza.  Of course, my opinion only.

I call Olive Garden fake Italian food.

Happy 51st Anniversary!  What a honey your granddaughter is!

@NHProud Prayers that all goes well with your daughter.

@Lionesss Virtual hugs.

(((((((((((((Sue and Rick)))))))))))))))))))

@LuckynanaMaryann, so glad Ava is on the way home!

Two other people also posted that they like Sorrento’s,a former NYC resident and a NJ resident.It is all a matter of opinion.

Some people love sardines while others hate it.

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

You and I grew up very close to each other in Brooklyn.Do you recall the Italian restaurant that everyone said had the very best pizza ? It was Sorrento’s😀

4 hours ago, George C said:

Brooklyn has hundreds of pizza places , don’t recall any called that. All pizza restaurants in New York City say best pizza in New York. I passed one in midtown Manhattan and David Letterman was interviewing them questioned them was this really the best pizza in New York..

I thought  the Original Ray's had the best pizza. 

At least that what Santa Claus said in the movie  Elf. 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Sounds like White Castle and Krystal. 
“They” say it has to be past midnight and one has to be drunk to eat there. 

When I was young and living in Brooklyn I loved the White Castle burgers that were 4 cents each.I haven’t eaten one in 60 plus years.

10 minutes ago, Tonopah said:

All the pizza talk made me want some, so MisterTonopah made (from scratch!) his mushroom, onion, and pepperoni masterpiece on the smoker. Complete with seasoned crust and a nice Cabernet.

Looks very enticing and professional made 👍

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Two other people also posted that they like Sorrento’s,a former NYC resident and a NJ resident.It is all a matter of opinion.

Some people love sardines while others hate it.

That's because NY doesn't have epic sardines. 🤣

Yes, it's all a matter of opinion.

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Ava Jude is home!!!!  Thank you everyone!🥰

So glad for Ava and the entire family.  That must have been a super homecoming!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So glad for Ava and the entire family.  That must have been a super homecoming!

Thank you, Bonnie!  We were watching our grandson William while our daughter went to the airport to pick up Ava,  so we did get to see Ava and give her hugs and kisses when they stopped by before they went home.  She looks exhausted, with dark circles under her eyes, but she said she is "good".  We are so thankful that she is home safe and sound.😊

• Like 12

I didn’t get back to working on my project until afternoon today.  Did a morning walk at the lake, and found a group of Boy Scouts camping, and doing cleanup work. 

A14CE802-1155-4F7B-B839-3E9745179D0C.thumb.jpeg.bf474fc15446546eae903ee66850b1fa.jpeg

I have seen quite a few ring neck pheasants there the last couple days, in addition to several herons.  

Then it was off to pick up a couple lattes for a special that Starbucks is running.  

We have a robin nest on the eves spout again this year. 

7FA70226-DAF6-47B1-A613-084214EAFFFE.thumb.jpeg.62791d12eb3138301e613bc5bf6c467c.jpeg

I think a blue jay got one of the eggs, so mama is trying to protect the remaining two. 

• Like 10

A little update on our niece Hila. She can now sit up, feed herself.  She was eating a chocolate bar in the video we received. This is a major achievement for which we are thankful.  When she was asked by the therapist what she wanted, she said "my life back".  She's a trouper and always has a smile on her face in all the pictures/videos we get. Doctors predict it will take many months until she can walk again, possibly not until the end of the year. Baby steps...literally.  

We couldn't wait for Passover to be finished tonight and ended Passover this evening before it got dark. We had chicken cutlets coated with breadcrumbs and pasta .  Cheesecake for dessert.  Don't tell the Passover police 🤫

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

A little update on our niece Hila. She can now sit up, feed herself.  She was eating a chocolate bar in the video we received. This is a major achievement for which we are thankful.  When she was asked by the therapist what she wanted, she said "my life back".  She's a trouper and always has a smile on her face in all the pictures/videos we get. Doctors predict it will take many months until she can walk again, possibly not until the end of the year. Baby steps...literally.  

We couldn't wait for Passover to be finished tonight and ended Passover this evening before it got dark. We had chicken cutlets coated with breadcrumbs and pasta .  Cheesecake for dessert.  Don't tell the Passover police 🤫

Oh Bonnie, what wonderful news about Hila!  Just the fact that she can now sit up and feed herself is pretty awesome!  She surely sounds like a trouper, and with her wonderful attitude, she is certainly going to surprise her doctors with a recovery that just may be a lot quicker than they are predictlng.🙏

No matzos for you!!😉

• Like 5