Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We’ve just finished watching on Netflix the 6 episodes of  Anatomy of a Scandal with Michelle Dockery ( Downton Abbey)  and Sienna Miller .  It is a courtroom procedural taking place in London.  The scandal is sexual so warning you.  I liked it enough to watch the last three episodes consecutively.  

When we lived in LA , I dragged my husband to tapings of TV shows and Sienna Miller happened to be on Jay Leno when we were there.  I had never heard of her.  

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, NHProud said:

We’ve just finished watching on Netflix the 6 episodes of  Anatomy of a Scandal with Michelle Dockery ( Downton Abbey)  and Sienna Miller .  It is a courtroom procedural taking place in London.  The scandal is sexual so warning you.  I liked it enough to watch the last three episodes consecutively.  

When we lived in LA , I dragged my husband to tapings of TV shows and Sienna Miller happened to be on Jay Leno when we were there.  I had never heard of her.  

Just watched a interview with Sienna Miller on a Sunday morning show , she was one of the stars of the American sniper directed by Clint Eastwood . I definitely interested in this.

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Ava Jude is home!!!!  Thank you everyone!🥰

Fantastic news!

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I saw this posted on another social media site, and thought some may like this list.

It may be my homework assignment for several nights.

rccl-recipeguide-training.pdf 2.08 MB · 24 downloads

OMG This is a goldmine. Thank you so much Mark. I don't know where you found it but this is a great recipe book. I think I'll print it out. Amazon sells the Island Oasis Mix's

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

A little update on our niece Hila. She can now sit up, feed herself.  She was eating a chocolate bar in the video we received. This is a major achievement for which we are thankful.  When she was asked by the therapist what she wanted, she said "my life back".  She's a trouper and always has a smile on her face in all the pictures/videos we get. Doctors predict it will take many months until she can walk again, possibly not until the end of the year. Baby steps...literally.  

We couldn't wait for Passover to be finished tonight and ended Passover this evening before it got dark. We had chicken cutlets coated with breadcrumbs and pasta .  Cheesecake for dessert.  Don't tell the Passover police 🤫

Fantastic news. I'm happy that she is improving.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks for posting.  I'll definitely be trying a few of these.  Unfortunately, many drinks on the list use their premixed stuff in a carton.  That's their only realistic option on a ship, but not an option for me at home.

Micheline taught the bartender a drink that she loves, called a Cucumber Mint French 75.  Muddle a few (4) slices of cucumber and a couple (2) mint leaves.  Add a small amount of simple syrup (she doesn't like sweet), 2 oz of gin, and ice.  Shake and strain and pour into a martini glass.  Top with champagne.  Very light and delicious, but packs a little more punch than your typical cocktail.

Amazon has a lot if the Island Oasis mixes. It's mainly just a brand.  I have  substituted simple pina colada or strawberry mixes with good success.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks for posting.  I'll definitely be trying a few of these.  Unfortunately, many drinks on the list use their premixed stuff in a carton.  That's their only realistic option on a ship, but not an option for me at home.

Micheline taught the bartender a drink that she loves, called a Cucumber Mint French 75.  Muddle a few (4) slices of cucumber and a couple (2) mint leaves.  Add a small amount of simple syrup (she doesn't like sweet), 2 oz of gin, and ice.  Shake and strain and pour into a martini glass.  Top with champagne.  Very light and delicious, but packs a little more punch than your typical cocktail.

That drink sounds delicious.    I will have to add to my cocktail list.     Thank you!

13 hours ago, George C said:

There seems to be several original Rays pizza restaurants in midtown Manhattan, alway thought that was extremely funny and none of them were that good , unless again it was after midnight and you had more than a few drinks. 

There was on on First Ave and 61 St many years ago that was very good.

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

I saw and liked that show.Sienna Miller was born in the US and moved to England with her parents when she was 3 years old.

Yesterday was tough, but cathartic.  We buried my Mom yesterday, on what would have been her 91st birthday. Working through the grieving process since she passed, I’ve tried my best to consciously turn my sadness into gratefulness. So lucky to have a mom who filled my life with such unconditional love that could have caused a loss this deep.
Growing up, my mom wanted to be two things: a nurse and a mom. I can say with all confidence she was the best at both.
She worked for over a decade at Swedish Hospital in Seattle as the private surgical scrub nurse for Dr. Bill Hutchinson, one of the best surgeons in the world and the founder of the Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center. She may have had THE prime nursing job in Seattle, and was damn good at it.
And she gave it all up, a week before I was born, in the prime of her career at 33, to be a mom. She loved being a mom, always involved in everything my brother and I were doing, from PTA to baseball to soccer to skiing.  We spent a good part of most summers on our boat in the San Juan Islands and on Hood Canal. She told me many times that the happiest time of her life was carrying me, knowing she was going to be a mom.
She and my dad started cruising in the mid-80's, and by the time my dad's health caused them to stop in 2009 after about 25 years of cruising they had been on 35+ cruises, almost all with Royal.  Grateful that they passed their love of cruising on to me 🙂 
Appreciate the fact that I can "journal" my thoughts here...
  • Like 36
  • Thanks 1

This morning, on our walk, I thought I would try out one of the things I didn’t know my iPhone could do.  I just read about it being able to identify things, so I gave it a try. 

First, I took a picture of something I am quite familiar with this time of year, and I opened it up in photos.  On the bottom, there is an i with a little star by it. 

2D68C844-7E4D-463C-9B38-A005E07C5210.thumb.jpeg.b2e569a8802aa1a7e165da5b7efdfd94.jpeg

When you click it, it brings up information about the photo, and has a little leaf to look up the plant

2A20BAA1-D4CF-4247-B2EF-AF932D17B1CD.thumb.png.7100fc9479632f30c0b12610df0860b9.png

When you look up the plant, it give a description 

550C6076-C360-4B31-BB0D-056EF775FAD2.thumb.png.70322398a9a697957d792ab1f8b55f78.png

It worked on a common violet. 

47ECC208-F016-4598-8E81-2CF052AB20A5.thumb.jpeg.d02602a63afe9cbb7bfe01182168bb7e.jpeg

And this, that I had no idea what it was. A3729840-3555-4F2B-8C7E-51168EB118C6.thumb.jpeg.db1074bfada93c08d3cce83225d75584.jpeg

Evidently, I have found an ingredient for our next salad. 🤣🤣

FD48C711-5089-47A0-9B52-A500B8FAE181.thumb.png.6863adb6ca39231139a0f1d7d6c8f6a6.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I always do that at Le  Miz. As soon as the orchestra plays the first note, the tears come. 

I never saw Le Miz but "Bring Him Home" always brings me to tears.

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Sorry I missed what happened to Hila. Glad that she is on the mend and "got her life back". Hugs for Hila.

Hila is our (Jack's sister's granddaughter) 15 year old niece in Israel.  She had a spinal stroke a few weeks ago.  Very rare especially for her age.  She was paralyzed but now can use her arms and she can move her feet but can't walk yet. Thank you and everyone in here for the kind thoughts and prayers.

53 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We still have all the cards that our daughters made for us when they were kids.

We do too and I laugh because she signed her name including our last name initial as if we wouldn't know who "Jen" was.  So sweet.

12 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:
Yesterday was tough, but cathartic.  We buried my Mom yesterday, on what would have been her 91st birthday. Working through the grieving process since she passed, I’ve tried my best to consciously turn my sadness into gratefulness. So lucky to have a mom who filled my life with such unconditional love that could have caused a loss this deep.
Growing up, my mom wanted to be two things: a nurse and a mom. I can say with all confidence she was the best at both.
She worked for over a decade at Swedish Hospital in Seattle as the private surgical scrub nurse for Dr. Bill Hutchinson, one of the best surgeons in the world and the founder of the Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center. She may have had THE prime nursing job in Seattle, and was damn good at it.
And she gave it all up, a week before I was born, in the prime of her career at 33, to be a mom. She loved being a mom, always involved in everything my brother and I were doing, from PTA to baseball to soccer to skiing.  We spent a good part of most summers on our boat in the San Juan Islands and on Hood Canal. She told me many times that the happiest time of her life was carrying me, knowing she was going to be a mom.
She and my dad started cruising in the mid-80's, and by the time my dad's health caused them to stop in 2009 after about 25 years of cruising they had been on 35+ cruises, almost all with Royal.  Grateful that they passed their love of cruising on to me 🙂 

Deepest sympathies on the loss of your beloved mom.  Thank you  for letting us know a bit about her.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Your mom sounds a lot like mine without the nurse part. Sorry for your loss. It doesn't matter how long you have them or how old they are. It is never long enough and they are never old enough.

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news about your mam.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and condolences.

Graham.

0E28A08F-12A8-48E8-A080-FF0DF318DC39.gif.3041fde9886fd59f1bdcb8aa942c2699.gif

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Im so sorry for your loss of your beloved mother . She sounded like an amazing woman. Thank you for sharing her life with us.

31 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

This morning, on our walk, I thought I would try out one of the things I didn’t know my iPhone could do.  I just read about it being able to identify things, so I gave it a try. 

First, I took a picture of something I am quite familiar with this time of year, and I opened it up in photos.  On the bottom, there is an i with a little star by it. 

2D68C844-7E4D-463C-9B38-A005E07C5210.thumb.jpeg.b2e569a8802aa1a7e165da5b7efdfd94.jpeg

When you click it, it brings up information about the photo, and has a little leaf to look up the plant

2A20BAA1-D4CF-4247-B2EF-AF932D17B1CD.thumb.png.7100fc9479632f30c0b12610df0860b9.png

When you look up the plant, it give a description 

550C6076-C360-4B31-BB0D-056EF775FAD2.thumb.png.70322398a9a697957d792ab1f8b55f78.png

It worked on a common violet. 

47ECC208-F016-4598-8E81-2CF052AB20A5.thumb.jpeg.d02602a63afe9cbb7bfe01182168bb7e.jpeg

And this, that I had no idea what it was. A3729840-3555-4F2B-8C7E-51168EB118C6.thumb.jpeg.db1074bfada93c08d3cce83225d75584.jpeg

Evidently, I have found an ingredient for our next salad. 🤣🤣

FD48C711-5089-47A0-9B52-A500B8FAE181.thumb.png.6863adb6ca39231139a0f1d7d6c8f6a6.png

Wiw learned something new today! I have to try it.

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Sea DogI am not proud of these. It was so bright out, and with reflection off of the hull, I could not tell what I was doing...

20220424_084654.thumb.jpg.a5348480f4e68eaad0f3c83fcbfe99c3.jpg

20220424_084615.thumb.jpg.8af5593514a495413dd189862e618580.jpg

20220424_084448.thumb.jpg.ce6b57f60f1b081d8794fad8d5b7f151.jpg

I say they look pretty darn good. Nice shots thank you for playing the game!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So on Labadee I always take a walk through the vendors' "gauntlet". I'm not sure if these folks ever heard of Covid but they still get right in your face. If I get sick it isn't going to be from the ship. Then one guy starts telling me how hard it has been over the past couple of years while three of his buddies were sitting there playing on their $600 cell phones. I just didn't have the patience for it today and had to get out of there.

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I never saw Le Miz but "Bring Him Home" always brings me to tears.

Hila is our (Jack's sister's granddaughter) 15 year old niece in Israel.  She had a spinal stroke a few weeks ago.  Very rare especially for her age.  She was paralyzed but now can use her arms and she can move her feet but can't walk yet. Thank you and everyone in here for the kind thoughts and prayers.

We do too and I laugh because she signed her name including our last name initial as if we wouldn't know who "Jen" was.  So sweet.

Deepest sympathies on the loss of your beloved mom.  Thank you  for letting us know a bit about her.

I have a birthday card that my father gave me when I was a kid and he signed it :From your father Jack and our last name .It is not only kids who give cards like that😀

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So on Labadee I always take a walk through the vendors' "gauntlet". I'm not sure if these folks ever heard of Covid but they still get right in your face. If I get sick it isn't going to be from the ship. Then one guy starts telling me how hard it has been over the past couple of years while three of his buddies were sitting there playing on their $600 cell phones. I just didn't have the patience for it today and had to get out of there.

I wear a Labadee tee shirt and point to it when they start to come toward me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1