Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

AGREE 100%. The testing needs to end.  Even more than the masks.  So much stress, such a waste of resources time and so much anxiety.  If you are sick test.  If you are traveling. Just travel. 

Good lord we are a stupid bunch of people.

jc

They will drop the testing once all the members of congress and CDC make enough of a return on all the stock they purchased in the testing companies.  🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Here is Sharon’s and my view.

FE178AA1-42AF-4C42-8374-45C285246AA5.thumb.jpeg.de496996fc607d6facd83acdff2dc1a1.jpeg

Lisa and Owen’s perch for the game. 

BC25167E-AA1C-4012-A7A3-96DD2B049024.thumb.jpeg.3c5542a5f1523d9b0b285d1d52c7c020.jpeg

Great seats.  Do I remember you sitting in the same (or similar) seats a couple of years ago?  Maybe I'm thinking of a Leafs game.  Once you see a game from there, you can't go back to the bleachers. 

We had the chance to sit in seats right behind home plate for a Reds game in 2015.  Fantastic experience.  The Reds had Aroldis Chapman as their closer at the time.  He was known for throwing 100 mph pitches and I think still has the record for the fastest pitch.  Here's what one of his pitches looks like to a batter. 😲

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

According to this, the best thing to eat at a Blue Jays game is Sausage Poutine.  Probably also not on Canada's food guide.

The Best Food at Every MLB Ballpark Across America

But Sausage Poutine is Number 1 on the Quebec food guide and since I was born in La Belle Province, I can eat all I want and it won't affect my cholestérol one little bit.

Of course, my cholesterol will shoot through the roof. 😁

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

But Sausage Poutine is Number 1 on the Quebec food guide and since I was born in La Belle Province, I can eat all I want and it won't affect my cholestérol one little bit.

Of course, my cholesterol will shoot through the roof. 😁

A bottle of water and a few maple syrup shooters will complete the meal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So far a painless morning. Went to bed around 1:30 this morning and got up at 4:30. Walked around a bit and watched us sail into port. It is a rainy day and we sailed in with a lot of lightning flashes. I left my cabin for the last time just before 6:45 and sitting at the gate in the airport by 7:25 for a 9:36 flight. However, after the January fiasco I'll feel better when the flight is up in the air. 

It was a great week on an awesome ship. Couldn't have had better weather once the wind settled down. Every aspect of this sailing, other than still somewhat reduced capacity, was like pre-covid times. The shows are all up and running. Mamma Mia was fantastic. Though some people chose to wear masks, they were few and far between on the ship and the same can be said for the ports of call as well as the airport.

I wish Allure was not destined to be leaving Ft. Lauderdale. Sadly, I don't know when I'll have the opportunity to sail on her again. Sailing from Galveston is a no go for me. Then she is scheduled for 4/3 night sailing from Port Canaveral. I won't do short sailing and don't care for the departure port either. I think this was my eighth time on the ship. I need to check my cruise history on the RCI website.

@ReneeFLLThank you and Mike for the  evenings in the Champagne Lounge. I enjoyed our conversations very much. You are fortunate to have more time aboard.

I'm feeling quite peaceful right now. JetBlue better not do anything to screw that up!😐

That is great that you had a wonderful cruise.   I really enjoyed all your beautiful photos.    I hope you are already in the air.     Safe travels home.

Oh no I just saw your post that flight is delayed.   Maybe due to the air show?    Hopefully delay is only 1 hr.    😃

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Hopefully you're on the plane by now.  Have a safe flight.

Looks to still be delayed.

OriginFLL
Terminal: 3
Gate: E8
Scheduled Departure
9:45 AM
 Now 11:29 AM

Scheduled Arrival
12:48 PM
 Now 2:33 PM
Destination
PVD
Terminal: -
Gate: 12
Status DELAYED

Status
Delayed flights leave as soon as possible. Please be at the airport 60-90 minutes prior to "Scheduled Departure".

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just took off. Flying to BDL not PVD

Cheaper flights most times from Harford I bet.  We flew from that Airport a few times, My Inlaw's and Wife before we got married lived in West Haven, Ct.

Edited by Jimbo

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Cheaper flights most times from Harford I bet.  We flew from that Airport a few times, My Inlaw's and Wife before we got married lived in West Haven, Ct.

Flight times down to FLL were much better from BDL than from PVD.

• Like 4

I had a lot of catching up to do. I won't post or comment on things until I read all previous postings. We didn't get home from our California Coastal Cruise until early last Sunday morning and it took me 7 days to read almost 77 pages.

Sharon & John... Sorry about your niece's house and the loss of their dog.

Sue... So sorry about Carrie. Tears were flowing from CT. also.

Maryann... Glad Ava Jude is better and at home. Lovely pictures of her and her prom dress.

Marietta & Charlie... Happy 51st Anniversary.

OB.... Glad you enjoyed your cruise. Thanks for all your pictures. Safe flight home.

Crystal.... The move is getting closer.

Bonnie.... Glad Hila is improving. Enjoy your new Grandkitty. She is pretty.

Husky 1987... Sorry for the loss of your mother.

Lenny.... That had to be a frightful awakening.  Glad your eye is getting better.

Debbie.... Hope Eric feels better soon.

Graham.... Your food pictures are always nice to see. Your lawn and garden are exceptional.

Greg... Are you still getting the "stink eye" from Lizzie & Charlie ??

Apologizes to those that I've missed, but over 1950 posts is a long read. 😇😂

Joe

Edited by cruisingpeople
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

31 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Looks to still be delayed.

OriginFLL
Terminal: 3
Gate: E8
Scheduled Departure
9:45 AM
 Now 11:29 AM

Scheduled Arrival
12:48 PM
 Now 2:33 PM
Destination
PVD
Terminal: -
Gate: 12
Status DELAYED

Status
Delayed flights leave as soon as possible. Please be at the airport 60-90 minutes prior to "Scheduled Departure".

I hate changing planes , almost all our flights are nonstop but upcoming Buffalo we stop in New York, if I can stuck anyplace I want to be stuck in New York.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Ozark_Kid We had 2 chilly nights in mid 30's with strong winds Wed/Thurs and looks like I lost 2 supersweets and 1 mound of cucumbers.    1 eggplant is iffy.      Everything else looking good.    

How are your seedlings liking their new home?

I have been away from then since Thursday.   I may see them when we get home later but it is forcast to start pouring about the time we get home.  Most were looking good.  The ones that looked iffy I planted more seeds around and will wait a few weeks to see what does better.  Am I remembering correctly?   Did you say you planted Harbonaro plants? 

• Like 2