Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 4/30/2022 at 8:59 AM, grapau27 said:

Hi Sue.

For RC Southampton sailings vaccinated passengers can get the test 2 days before and unvaccinated 1 day before check in.

Thanks Graham . Dani and I are on a Civitavecchia home port ship and Italy was asking for one day before which is difficult with flying in one day before (and its a Sunday)

After I spent money changing my early morning flight to late afternoon so I could have the test in UK, they've now, six weeks prior, changed it to two days. 

So will check out how much it will be to change back to original plan A

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The Hermitage Foreshore Walk finishes at Shark Beach and Vaucluse Headland loop walk.  Beautiful white sands & turquoise water.  Unfortunately the beach and headland walk are currently closedA436B736-9759-4DE3-80AB-AD5A2ACA16D3.thumb.jpeg.0091269139d3bfbc7b00acc5711d0b61.jpegfor the rest of the year due to Seawall repair. Would be a lovely spot to relax, swim and spend a few hours when open. (The beach has a shark net for swimming)

Instead, we turned around and did the walk in reverse back to Rose Bay Ferry Wharf and caught the ferry back to Circular Quay.

4D829659-B07E-4ADF-A529-6F86D5AB100C.thumb.jpeg.2db2a77bf0842a1b138dc7ba0bab3d96.jpeg

A very nice day out.

Beautiful pictures. You should produce a book of walks . They would be a great success for any visitor 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thanks Graham . Dani and I are on a Civitavecchia home port ship and Italy was asking for one day before which is difficult with flying in one day before (and its a Sunday)

After I spent money changing my early morning flight to late afternoon so I could have the test in UK, they've now, six weeks prior, changed it to two days. 

So will check out how much it will be to change back to original plan A

Just changed back to original early flight. Cost was 0.30p each 😁 think I can afford that. 

Means we get to Rome before midday the day before the cruise and can take a leisurely drive to Civataveccia, stay the night there and be brught and early and in the right place for our cruise the next day

Luckily I hadn't cancelled the hotel 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Sea Dog Here is one last one that I forgot to post from the ship. I did post this about a hour ago but it seems to have disappeared along with a few other posts that I read.🤔

20220429_121731.thumb.jpg.1962ab9c78bd4a94d5c000a873c658db.jpg

Great pic. I really like those mooring shots. Thanks for playing.

• Like 1

@A&L_Ont it looks like Owen had a very memorable birthday celebration!   From everything you’ve shared with us it seems you have every reason to be proud of him.  And of yourselves for raising such a fine young man.  

@aussielozzie18 you live in a stunningly beautiful part of the world that I’ll probably never see in person. Thank you for sharing it!  I also think a photo “book of walks” is a great idea - I’d certainly buy it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@dani negreanu I know you have a cruise coming up soon.  I imagine you’re feeling the nervous, excited anticipation many of us felt right before our first time back.  What ship are you on and where are you sailing?  

Thanks, Deb.

You just "caught" me trying to coordinate a transfer from our hotel in  Rome to the port in Civitavecchia with 2 other couples I've "met" in our roll call...

6 weeks from tomorrow 😉

Sue ( @sgmn) and me [and DHs] will be on the brand new Celebrity BEYOND. 

Rome, Katakolon (Olympia), Santorini, Mykonos, Rhodes, Athens, Valetta and ending in Barcelona.

Still, a lot of things can happen until then. Anticipation very much mixed with anxiety.

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Deb.

You just "caught" me trying to coordinate a transfer from our hotel in  Rome to the port in Civitavecchia with 2 other couples I've "met" in our roll call...

6 weeks from tomorrow 😉

Rome, Katakolon (Olympia), Santorini, Mykonos, Rhodes, Athens, Valetta and ending in Barcelona.

Still, a lot of things can happen until then. Anticipation very much mixed with anxiety.

That sounds amazing Dani!  A Med cruise is on my bucket list & must include Barcelona.  Maybe next year, I need to start researching itineraries.  I look forward to hearing all about it & seeing photos.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

6 weeks from tomorrow 😉

Say hi to Captain Kate for me. I so much want to sail on a ship with her. Great itinerary Especially Santorini, Mykonos and Rhodes. You will have a blast. Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I did post this about a hour ago but it seems to have disappeared along with a few other posts that I read.🤔

Yup.  I had a couple of posts disappear.  It looks like the site may have crashed for a few minutes which might be the reason for the lost posts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Deb.

6 weeks from tomorrow 😉

Dani,

Relax. You all will be fine. You will have a fantastic cruise and you will enjoy every bit of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m sitting out in the deck enjoying a gorgeous, warm & sunny May 1st.  I realized I never shared pics of the newly rebuilt deck, which I must say, Andy did an amazing job on.  

It would help if I added the pictures 🤪.46ADA999-7FE5-4A59-B255-DD5889EADD28.jpeg.94fec2cc14bc421419a2150d4938f971.jpeg

Here’s the old deck in all it’s rickety glory. 34A2F66C-237B-4CED-BE91-BB1C5B48355D.thumb.jpeg.6cace474d20077073da4872cf478a88a.jpeg

This is the new deck and stairs.  The area under the stairs will be enclosed for garden storage.  The area under the new deck we plan to stain the concrete, then add some outdoor lounge type furniture. 46727889-F8F0-417B-B15F-91989CAB4C59.thumb.jpeg.fe7ec040f5ef137c8d1e1d75b2673af8.jpeg

New deck from aboveCAE6A93B-9891-4E57-BBCA-A05E6A9D5CC1.thumb.jpeg.846787fee914784ec26d7e3f1714343a.jpeg

another ongoing project is taking down the ugly little balcony off our master bedroom and replacing the slider with a large double window.  The pool mechanicals & ac unit will be camouflaged with low fence & landscaping.
. I can’t tell you the hours he spent figuring, calculating & planning so that the bottom step would land on the walkway to the pool.  He’s a talented guy!  I have the vision for how things should look and he does all the work.  We did have a little help from SIL’s with getting huge new beams up for the deck.  

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It would help if I added the pictures 🤪.46ADA999-7FE5-4A59-B255-DD5889EADD28.jpeg.94fec2cc14bc421419a2150d4938f971.jpeg

Here’s the old deck in all it’s rickety glory. 34A2F66C-237B-4CED-BE91-BB1C5B48355D.thumb.jpeg.6cace474d20077073da4872cf478a88a.jpeg

This is the new deck and stairs.  The area under the stairs will be enclosed for garden storage.  The area under the new deck we plan to stain the concrete, then add some outdoor lounge type furniture. 46727889-F8F0-417B-B15F-91989CAB4C59.thumb.jpeg.fe7ec040f5ef137c8d1e1d75b2673af8.jpeg

New deck from aboveCAE6A93B-9891-4E57-BBCA-A05E6A9D5CC1.thumb.jpeg.846787fee914784ec26d7e3f1714343a.jpeg

another ongoing project is taking down the ugly little balcony off our master bedroom and replacing the slider with a large double window.  The pool mechanicals & ac unit will be camouflaged with low fence & landscaping.
. I can’t tell you the hours he spent figuring, calculating & planning so that the bottom step would land on the walkway to the pool.  He’s a talented guy!  I have the vision for how things should look and he does all the work.  We did have a little help from SIL’s with getting huge new beams up for the deck.  

Very Nice, Living in the high rent district now !! Congrats !!

Is that Trex decking, no painting, no staining, no splinters?

Do I see a built in pool there? Lets see the pool please?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

So yesterday my daughter Christina and her husband Brandon were supposed to spend the day at his parents house celebrating his nephews first birthday. Well they were worried about us and did not know if we could handle 8 paws for 4 days while they went to a conference in Kansas. 
So they surprised us arriving last night. 
They wanted to make sure we would not be upset dog sitting so close to our loss of Carrie.  I said no it’s just what we need to keep our minds busy. And if it did bother us Brandon s parents would watch them. 

So here are Christina and Brandon at Jed’s first birthday. E5D15F35-695E-489C-8A1C-26F215D9452C.thumb.jpeg.ebcae6d00a2ac6dc4da177d1a35c7953.jpeg

Then. Ms. Roxy. CE7EEE83-748B-4439-96D6-E8B93EA0EFB6.thumb.jpeg.05e03808af35a4b79aa71d9eb5b7a90e.jpeg

Then Astrid. 

4C2354D3-E529-49FF-A4D3-036264F431A0.thumb.jpeg.4e79c198d58178be4cd2e53be1bbd622.jpeg

Then Christina goes we would never surprise you with a kitten. But if you need help rescuing one I’ll help.  But we wanted to get you something to take your mind away from Carrie. So we got you a small gift. D84A16BE-1D6F-468E-8762-4B394CB6540C.thumb.jpeg.e47bf7818bef8b6915529e9bd31a7d3d.jpeg

God truly works in mysterious ways. She just found out she is pregnant and due in December. 

Happy tears in Ohio 

• Like 32

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Very Nice, Living in the high rent district now !! Congrats !!

We’ve been here 5 years in June. The only thing about the exterior of the house that’s the same is the shape & color LOL.  He also replaced the front entry porch and put in a new granite slab paved walkway & stairs from the driveway. I’ll have to see if I can find before pics of that. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So yesterday my daughter Christina and her husband Brandon were supposed to spend the day at his parents house celebrating his nephews first birthday. Well they were worried about us and did not know if we could handle 8 paws for 4 days while they went to a conference in Kansas. 
They wanted to make sure we would not be upset dog sitting so close to our loss of Carrie.  I said no it’s just what we need to keep our minds busy. And if it did bother us Brandon s parents would watch them. 

So here are Christina and Brandon at Jed’s first birthday. 

Then. Ms. Roxy. 

Then Astrid. 

Then Christina goes we would never surprise you with a kitten. But if you need help rescuing one I’ll help.  But we wanted to get you something to take your mind away from Carrie. So we got you a small gift. D84A16BE-1D6F-468E-8762-4B394CB6540C.thumb.jpeg.e47bf7818bef8b6915529e9bd31a7d3d.jpeg

God truly works in mysterious ways. She just found out she is pregnant and due in December. 

Happy tears in Ohio 

OMG, Sue what a truly wonderful surprise!!!  Congrats to all of you.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

She just found out she is pregnant and due in December

Oh, Sue, how wonderful. Happy tears here too. Best X-mas gift ever, you'll get to be a grannie, and I'm sure you'll excel in this role.

And how cute Jed is, with his purple cake [and tongue 🤪].

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Happy tears in Ohio 

Congratulations on this great news.  It won’t be long until you are cast in the role of “Spoiler of grandkids”. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Happy tears in Ohio 

Congratulations! Truly happy for you and your family.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So here are Christina and Brandon at Jed’s first birthday. E5D15F35-695E-489C-8A1C-26F215D9452C.thumb.jpeg.ebcae6d00a2ac6dc4da177d1a35c7953.jpeg

Then. Ms. Roxy. CE7EEE83-748B-4439-96D6-E8B93EA0EFB6.thumb.jpeg.05e03808af35a4b79aa71d9eb5b7a90e.jpeg

Then Astrid. 

4C2354D3-E529-49FF-A4D3-036264F431A0.thumb.jpeg.4e79c198d58178be4cd2e53be1bbd622.jpeg

Happy tears in Ohio 

Sue what a wonderful surprise and congratulations. Lovely family and the pets. I hope this will in some way ease the pain of your loss of sweet Carrie. Life is good Time to celebrate. Cheers!

• Like 4