Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm watching. I was hoping they would start off with more of what happened last week.

I would have liked to have seen Tori get voted our last week. Next Wednesday night I have an Advanced Cardiac Life Support recertification so I'll be missing Survivor again.

If you have Prime Video streaming, they have past episodes of Survivor.  

I liked Omar, the veterinarian, but do not appreciate the lie he told about Hai.😏

I hate when they lie about each other, even though I know that's what they do to hopefully get rid of their opponents.

10 hours ago, Keksie said:

They looked miserable with the rain.  I am ok with who went home.  

I am also.  I'm just glad the person/persons I'm rooting for didn't get sent home!

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

@Luckynana Maryann.

Happy birthday to your daughter's and other family members whose birthday is today.

Graham.

98A89CFC-4E2D-43FB-9727-12DBCD01770C.jpeg.fe4ce792e3b1f28a21a73e03e616a64e.jpeg

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.156a6101332730bcd0b4752a4f45232b.gif

Thank you for your beautiful Birthday card, Graham!!  I love it!

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@A&L_Ont

Happy Cinco de mayo birthday to Owen, an easy date to remember, as well as Lisa's and yours 😉. Only "piece" missing is Lucy's one  💐 😘

@Luckynana

And happy birthday to your twin daughters too, Maryann 😘  💐

Thank you, Dani!

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So lookie what I found today. 
And I’m supposed to be there when we are on The Allure. 

1017DFF4-0096-4643-9AB2-E8FBC6525E9A.jpeg

Just give them a call, Sue!  Any time we had to defer, both when I lived in NY, and now in NJ, they were very gracious and just deferred the date.  No worries!!!  Go and enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We are going to Alaska, round trip from Seattle.  Flying in a few days early to see a little more of Seattle and then headed to Icy Strait Point, Skagway, Juneau and Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier.

We haven't cruised since February 2020, so really can't wait.  We thought we were cancelling because of my Mom, but my siblings are stepping up and told us to go while we can.

A well deserved vacation for you and your DH!!!  Have a great cruise, and have fun sight-seeing Seattle.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@A&L_Ont

Happy Cinco de mayo birthday to Owen, an easy date to remember, as well as Lisa's and yours 😉. Only "piece" missing is Lucy's one  💐 😘

@Luckynana

And happy birthday to your twin daughters too, Maryann 😘  💐

Happy birthday wishes from me as well 🎂!

And Happy Cinco de Mayo to all 🌮🇲🇽🥑🍹!

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

On another note, I am awaiting the start of the Bosch: Legacy series tomorrow.  I read they have already announced there will be a season two.  It looks like they have some characters from the old series in this one: Harry, Maddie, and Honey Chandler.  It will be streaming on Freevee and Prime.  Looking forward to it.

We love Bosch!!  Thanks for the info!  I had just started going on Freevee.  I've been watching the old show "Code Black".  I always enjoyed watching it;  and, how nice to have another free streaming channedl!

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think it was one of those tribals where everyone (except 2 people) knew who was going home and sticked to the plan.  No real drama.  They tried to make it look more exciting on the show, but I think that was mostly smoke and mirrors.

13 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

🤪That guy!!!!!! UGH. Doomesday Daddy!

For sure!  I cringe every time he's on tv..

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Maryann,  Happy Birthday to your twin girls😍💐🌻

Thank you, Debbie!

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy birthday wishes from me as well 🎂!

And Happy Cinco de Mayo to all 🌮🇲🇽🥑🍹!

Thank you! Happy Cinco de Mayo to you as well!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It is 44° here this morning, and our fog is getting thicker.  We have about 100 feet of visibility.

On another note, I am awaiting the start of the Bosch: Legacy series tomorrow.  I read they have already announced there will be a season two.  It looks like they have some characters from the old series in this one: Harry, Maddie, and Honey Chandler.  It will be streaming on Freevee and Prime.  Looking forward to it.

Thanks for sharing that the new Bosch will be streaming on Prime. It’s been advertised to be on IMDBtv and  I was frustrated that we’d have to get yet another channel.  It’ll be interesting to see young Harry being played by Titus Welliver’s son. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I hate when they lie about each other, even though I know that's what they do to hopefully get rid of their opponents.

I can't recall a single Survivor winner who made it all the way through without some amount of lying.  Sometimes it's a blatant lie like Omar told, and sometimes it's more of a "little white lie" or a lie of omission.  In my view, the more significant lies are actually respected by jurors as good strategic play and give you a much better chance of winning.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have to pay for the National Health Service somehow.😇

Most of Europe has similar prices based on Euro's.

The government's tax fuel heavily.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

Update:

Jury duty  vs. Cruise duty.

When you read the letter that accompanied my invitation, it says in BOLD letters, all correspondence can only be made by mail, or e mail in Ohio.

So, email just sent, and waiting for the official response.

Besides, I have always served when subpoenaed, first in the county, and now in the Big house.

Later 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. With one week to go before we cruise I thought it was a good time to clean off my desk. I hate coming home to messes or clutter. 
So I attacked my junk mail pile. 

Even before I turned 65 I got so much information about buying different Medicare options I just put them aside for kindle. Too many so called “ government papers”. But once I got burned by not opening a letter, so now I open Everything………eventually. 

So lookie what I found today. 
And I’m supposed to be there when we are on The Allure. 
Darn-it. 
Shhhhhhh. Do not tell the DH. 
It is definitely not junk mail. 
Time to get deferred. 
Or

I Wonder if they would arrest me in the Caribbean. Not taking any chances. 

1017DFF4-0096-4643-9AB2-E8FBC6525E9A.jpeg

Glad you opened that one. 
With all the junk mail we get that says official business it would be easy to ignore the real thing. 
Back when I had small children I took them with me to report for jury duty. 
They came in handy. I was instantly dismissed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Cinco de Mayo🍹

$2.50 Frozen Margarita's ..............You know we will be there for dinner tonight. 🙂 Compadres Mexican Restaurant

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, clochette said:

5 day Adventure out of Cape Liberty to Canada, should be an interesting cruise, stops in Bar Harbor and Halifax.

We'll be on Adventure Sept. 29th out of Cape Liberty for NE/Canada cruise!

Have a great time on your cruise!

• Like 3

Just now, Luckynana said:

We'll be on Adventure Sept. 29th out of Cape Liberty for NE/Canada cruise!

Have a great time on your cruise!

we are on the May 26 cruise, 3 more weeks.  looking forward to it.  We were booked on the Empress in August 2020, which of course did not happen.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, clochette said:

we are on the May 26 cruise, 3 more weeks.  looking forward to it.  We were booked on the Empress in August 2020, which of course did not happen.

Interesting, I thought Royal's Empress last sailing was March in 2008? Was this when she was sailing from another cruiseline?

Edited by Jimbo

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Interesting, I thought Royal's Empress last sailing was March in 2008? Was this when she was sailing from another cruiseline?

you made me doubt myself for a second so I had to look it up, no longer with RCCL but she was back for a few years:

Empress (formerly Nordic Empress and Empress of the Seas) is a cruise ship owned by Cordelia Cruises, an Indian cruise line. She is the sole ship of her class. She entered service with then-Royal Caribbean Cruise Line in 1990, transferred to Pullmantur Cruises in 2008, and then returned to Royal Caribbean International in 2016. In December 2020, she was retired from the Royal Caribbean fleet and sold to Cordelia Cruises.[3]

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Empress of the Seas was docked next to us (on NCL Bliss) in Costa Maya in early January 2020.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

5 minutes ago, clochette said:

you made me doubt myself for a second so I had to look it up, no longer with RCCL but she was back for a few years:

Empress (formerly Nordic Empress and Empress of the Seas) is a cruise ship owned by Cordelia Cruises, an Indian cruise line. She is the sole ship of her class. She entered service with then-Royal Caribbean Cruise Line in 1990, transferred to Pullmantur Cruises in 2008, and then returned to Royal Caribbean International in 2016. In December 2020, she was retired from the Royal Caribbean fleet and sold to Cordelia Cruises.[3]

Empress was brought back into the Royal fleet for Cuban sailings. She was one of the few ships that could fit into their small, old ports. 

When travel to Cuba was shut down a few years back, she bounced around a bit. I saw sailings out of Cape Liberty,  NJ on the schedule as I considered it, just for the small ship, old school experience.  Not sure if it ever happened though.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, clochette said:

My bad, must have blacked out when she returned.................Cruised on that ship one time on a repo from San Juan to NYC April 2003. Will never forget that cruise, thought it would be our last. Hit a Northeastern Storm and thought for sure we were going to sink. It is worse seas we have ever sailed in, promised my wife would would never sail on that ship AGAIN !!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

SURVIVOR tonight!  I sure hope it's not political tonight...just sayin...

I was very happy with who left last night.The person I have been rooting for since day 1 is still here.

I wish there was not a jury but rather the winner to be the person who survives the last challenge.

My thinking is that this jury will not award the best player but rather a person who ,well you can figure out what my point is.

• Like 2