Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Every time I see those  Tomatoes on the Vine in a Grocery  Store  I think of this: Living with the Land...... Disney Ride   That isn't how tomatoes are supposed be to grown is it?

Tomatoes growing as a tree in Disney World's Living With The Land attraction  at the Land Pavilion, Epcot, Florida Stock Photo - Alamy

Hot House Red Cluster Tomatoes

Seasonality: Year Round

Hot House Red Cluster Tomatoes are a medium sized beefsteak variety grown indoors on tall trellis-type systems.

These are a medium sized beefsteak variety grown indoors on tall trellis-type systems. The fruit is vine-ripened, then harvested from “mother plants” still attached to their stems in groupings of 5 or 6 tomatoes called “trusses” or “clusters”. These tomatoes are prized for their uniform shape, size and rich red color.

Their flavor is mildly sweet with a firm, pleasing texture that is great for slicing raw into salads or as a base for many traditional sauces.

Select tomatoes that feel heavy for their size with no bruises or over ripe softness. Vine should be bright green and pliable. 

The most flavorful fruit will have a rich tomato aroma. Store fresh tomatoes in a cool, dark place, stem-side down and use within a few days.

Tomatoes should not be refrigerated; it nullifies flavor and turns the interior mealy.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

So sorry Lenny! I know the feeling.

That looks so tasty. I'm in the mood for a BLT Sandwich.

Happy you made it. Good luck with the test and enjoy your dinner. Please tell us later about your meal.

I am still thinking of you Dani and your safety. Sounds like the right thing to do by postponing. Hang in there. Sounds like the cease fire is holding for now.

Unfortunately,Greg

• Like 1

I think the only wine I don't drink is the Malt wine and Boxed wine. 

And I like all my wine chilled. I've been known to drop a ice cube into a glass of wine from time to time.  Cute, little, colorful plastic reusable ice cubes, the kind that don't melt and water down the drink.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thoughts are always of my family and friends in Israel.  Rockets were launched directly at the Israeli city of Modi'in where Jack's family and some of Dani's family lives.  Although I lived in Israel for one year when we were first married, it was relatively "peaceful" with an occasional bomb going off.  How sad that it became so commonplace.    But this?  What's going on now has to be impossible to live with again and again.   Ceasefire? Who knows if it will last.

It has never lasted.There is only one solution but I cannot post it,read my mind.

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Marietta, does it mean your daughter has "second thoughts" about cruising with you?

If you don't want to go the "no show" way, there are still 2 inside connecting cabins available.... 😘

She has agreed, so looking into cabins now.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I'm really happy for you & all.

I still don't see a cabin for 1 adult + 2 kids, beside a handicapped cabin on deck 14. 

The other "no show" way -- #8427, #8439, #8440 are 1 adult + 3 kids (4114$, including grats for everyone). Actually, in this "way" the "3" kids are free... only taxes, which will be returned if no show. No big deal at all.

I prefer deck 8 on Oasis class. Also a cabin in deck 7, 7549.

Or 2 connecting -- 8446 + 8448.

Edited by dani negreanu
added connecting
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Made it.  All checked in. Nice corner room, canal view, 3rd floor.  Had a shower and a nap and now heading out for dinner before our 8pm covid test.

20220808_170117.jpg

20220808_170046.jpg

How very beautiful!  I hope to get there one day.  Have a wonderful time, Ken and Vikki on your cruise!

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

First cherry tomatoes from my patio pot. They are as sweet as candy. Taking them all to my Mom tomorrow. 

37DFB47E-9668-4647-99FE-D950B241B27A.thumb.jpeg.f20a112ed99733b2c6526d2ce0b6cfbf.jpeg

I can almost taste the sweetness! My balcony faces Southwest so it gets lots of sun for many hours.  I want to try planting potted tomatoes next year.  Any tips?

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I drink Chianti.... and love those breadsticks, especially garlic ones.😊

Since our trip to Italy and Florence the only Chianti we drink is Chianti Classico which means he was produced in that area of Italy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

First cherry tomatoes from my patio pot. They are as sweet as candy. Taking them all to my Mom tomorrow. 

37DFB47E-9668-4647-99FE-D950B241B27A.thumb.jpeg.f20a112ed99733b2c6526d2ce0b6cfbf.jpeg

How is your Mom doing?

17 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

🤞

• Thanks 1

Just now, BonTexasNY said:

I can almost taste the sweetness! My balcony faces Southwest so it gets lots of sun for many hours.  I want to try planting potted tomatoes next year.  Any tips?

I am not the plant from seed gardener some of the others on this thread are, I buy a plant that is in a pot with a cage built into the pot.  Last year, I bought my plant at BJ's and had almost 500 tomatoes!  The plant was a beast and just kept producing.  I got that one really early though, around the beginning of May.

This year, we were cruising in mid May, so I bought my plant after we got back and over the covid we got on the ship.  I think I got this one med June.  BJ's plants were ugly, so this one came from Lowe's.  I had two tomatoes last week that I had promised my firsts to my four year old neighbor.  Since then, the plant has really been thriving.  Got this bunch today and will have more by end of the week that I will have my neighbor come take. 🙂 

I have only watered this one so far this year, last year I was using Miracle Grow Tomato fertilizer.  I will likely feed this one soon. 

We have room to do a garden but I like the simplicity of the pot on the deck. 🙂  

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Made it.  All checked in. Nice corner room, canal view, 3rd floor.  Had a shower and a nap and now heading out for dinner before our 8pm covid test.

20220808_170117.jpg

20220808_170046.jpg

Nyhavn is one of our favourite places in Copenhagen.

Good luck with your test and I hope your cruise is fantastic.

Graham.

• Like 1