Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Did you add any cream cheese? Jalapeño Cheese Poppers are my favorite.

Yes, cream cheese mixed with  a shredded Fiesta bend of cheese.  I would of used sharp cheddar but was out.  I usually don't eat jalapenos but I love these poppers. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

After picking all those peppers today I concluded I needed to start enjoying jalapenos.   I usually just give e them away.  So for the 1st time I made bacon Jalapeno poppers.  I have come to the conclusion that you  can't overdo bacon!

image.thumb.png.b086a3cda8936eb79ad312e88f102ccd.png

To help getting rid of tjose jalapenos:

I make a schmeer of cream cheese, jalapeno, grated pepper jack cheese (or cheddar but we like it spicy), crispy bacon bits and green onions. Mix well. Sorry, I don't measure.

Spread this over boneless chicken and bake. You can add some panko on the top the last 10 min for a little crunch. 

Big yum.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

To help getting rid of tjose jalapenos:

I make a schmeer of cream cheese, jalapeno, grated pepper jack cheese (or cheddar but we like it spicy), crispy bacon bits and green onions. Mix well. Sorry, I don't measure.

Spread this over boneless chicken and bake. You can add some panko on the top the last 10 min for a little crunch. 

Big yum.

This sounds delicious too!😀

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

After picking all those peppers today I concluded I needed to start enjoying jalapenos.   I usually just give e them away.  So for the 1st time I made bacon Jalapeno poppers.  I have come to the conclusion that you  can't overdo bacon!

Not sure what  kind jalapenos you grew, but I grew some type of jalapenos I thought, but not a chance I could  take a bite of even half the pepper I grew. I like things hot too but the ones I grew are like the Last Dab Hot !! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not sure what  kind jalapenos you grew, but I grew some type of jalapenos I thought, but not a chance I could  take a bite of even half the pepper I grew. I like things hot too but the ones I grew are like the Last Dab Hot !! 

Maybe you have hibernaros?   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I actually have enough to share with both you and OB.  The original plan was to share them with 3 others and now I am here eating them alone.  After getting a call that there was a change in plans I threw 5 in the oven quickly so Sharon could take some to my SIL. My DD was not going to be allowed to eat any tonight. 

If your DD ate them now the baby may arrive early.  How is she doing?   Babies arrival will be soon?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Maybe you have hibernaros?   

Could be, I will have to see if  I can find the plastic tag I stuck in the ground next to the plants when I planted them. You got me thinking now maybe you are right. Because these are so hot.

My wife put them in a jar with vinegar to calm them down . Hoping to use them in a cheese dip we make with Hormel Chile w/no beans, Cream Cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looks delicious!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 Funny Bacon Memes for 2022 - BENSA Bacon Lovers Society

• Like 5
  • Haha 14

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Luckynana Congratulations to Ryan.  That is quite a musical talent.  I am sure he will enjoy marching camp and well done to them both for their performances

I played Clarinet in the school band and my daughter played Trumpet.  Neither of us found it easy.

At yesterday's concert, they mentioned someone on the glockenspiel.  I turned to my daughter (Williams mom) and told her my sister played that instrument when we were in PAL as kids.  She said, "mom, I also played that in band".  My memory is so bad.  Of course she did!  My bad!!  I just remember her playing trumpet in band, as well as bells.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That warns my heart hearing about Ryan. As a musician my whole life even being a professional I can’t tell you how important music is to a child’s development, education and intellect. Studies have proven that kids that learn a musical instrument do better in school, have more discipline and have great life skills. I know you are proud of him. I know I am. It’s hard to learn an instrument and get good at it. Tell him congratulations from one musician to another.

Thank you so much, Greg!  Ryan said he plans on learning to play all of the wind instruments by the time he goes to College.  I can only play chopsticks on the piano...lol!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our 13 year old grandson has been playing the flute in the school band for 3 years.  Both he and our 11 year old grandson, William, who played the trumpet this past year, participated in the Band Enrichment Program camp one day a week for the past 6 weeks, which culminated in a concert for parents and grandparents this morning.  Ryan, the 13 year old, decided he wanted to start playing the clarinet, and did so well, that on the second week of band, he was approached and asked to join the High School Marching Band.  He has been practicing with the Marching Band for the past two weeks now, and will begin Marching Band Camp all of next week.   He will be entering 8th grade next month.  The Jr. High band teacher asked Ryan if he'd play the trumpet for his school band, and he readily agreed.  Ryan left the school after today's concert, carrying his clarinet, as well as the trumpet the teacher lent him.  He amazes me!  I hear him playing the trumpet right now, even as I'm sitting here writing to you.

Congratulations to Ryan!  Very impressive and sounds like he really enjoys it.  I played trumpet in 4th grade in NJ.  My family moved to Buffalo before I started 5th grade.  My new school in Buffalo already had more trumpet players than they needed and had me switch to playing the French horn.  It took all of about a week for me to realize why they needed French horn players.  I hated carrying that thing back and forth to school.  I stopped playing after 5th grade.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

My husband ate the Last Dab Hot sauce with no problem just like he eats Ghost peppers.One year he planted a chocolate habanero plant which grew out of control and produced more than we could eat so we offered them to neighbors and friends, with a warning. No one came back for seconds. He finally removed it after us all having to leave the house when he sautéed them. The capsaicin released through the air causing our eyes to burn and lots of coughing.When we removed it we saw a lot of dead bees and wasps so we assumed that they might have eaten it and then died. 

• Like 4

It's been awhile since I shared some Kenzie pics.  She was having fun with flowers today.

IMG_9860.thumb.jpeg.add8565a5763879a61ae66acaf5d7dd4.jpeg

IMG_9865.thumb.jpeg.f3d379e75ddbe102f1c4a45a189b9456.jpeg

IMG_9867.thumb.jpeg.2ca23aa35cad9e13043aad9cb87db55e.jpeg

IMG_9870.thumb.jpeg.6ac117557ad45d6217d2269c9ede0f41.jpeg

Kenzie is so very cute, John!  I love her little sandals!  How is your youngest daughter feeling?  Isn't her "due" date next week, around the 15th or so?  Perhaps your newest granddaughter will be born on my birthday!😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's awesome.   What an honor to be invited to join HS band at 13 yrs old.   Congratulations to both if them.  Their Nana has a lot to brag about💕

Thank you so much, Debbie!  😘