Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Sunny and 75°F already at 10.31am with a high of 90°F expected.

Breakfast this morning.

IMG_20220812_084034.jpg

Looks delicious, Graham!  Beautiful day outside here this morning.  Enjoy your day!!!!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Congratulations to Ryan!  Very impressive and sounds like he really enjoys it.  I played trumpet in 4th grade in NJ.  My family moved to Buffalo before I started 5th grade.  My new school in Buffalo already had more trumpet players than they needed and had me switch to playing the French horn.  It took all of about a week for me to realize why they needed French horn players.  I hated carrying that thing back and forth to school.  I stopped playing after 5th grade.

Thank you so much, Bob!  Ryan really does enjoy it!  What a shame that you had the instrument you loved replaced with one that you didn't enjoy, which played a part in your not continuing in band.  William began playing french horn this year (his first year in band), but wound up switching to trumpet.

Ryan was actually asked to play trumpet by his band teacher, since there was only one other trumpet player.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Sunny and 75°F already at 10.31am with a high of 90°F expected.

Breakfast this morning.

IMG_20220812_084034.jpg

Looks like you are on your holidays again Graham, Enjoy !!! Good weather for it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A brief respite from grandparent duties, sssssh Isaacs asleep at mo. We've been looking after him this week as mum has gone back to work . Normally we'll share duties with other grandparents (she's a deputy head of montessori school) but they are on holiday this week. 

Had a lovely morning in the park  but will hang out indoors for the rest of the day as we are having another heat wave here 

20220812_112119.thumb.jpg.980154ed99dad847a8c0843f631b96ae.jpg

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not sure what  kind jalapenos you grew, but I grew some type of jalapenos I thought, but not a chance I could  take a bite of even half the pepper I grew. I like things hot too but the ones I grew are like the Last Dab Hot !! 

About the only hot things I enjoy are Sharon and the Caribbean sun.... oh, and the oven gettingready for pizza!  😆  I don't really like pepper heat.  I grow the jalapenos mainly for my SIL and others.  I believe the peppers are called Early jalapenos. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If your DD ate them now the baby may arrive early.  How is she doing?   Babies arrival will be soon?

Good instincts Debbie.   She was one that was supposed to eat one but at the time she was at her 27th week appointment.   They decided to induce.  They just now gave her an epidural to help with the pain.  Please all, send those prayers for my baby to safely have her baby!

• Like 21

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Could be, I will have to see if  I can find the plastic tag I stuck in the ground next to the plants when I planted them. You got me thinking now maybe you are right. Because these are so hot.

My SIL loves hot peppers.   I grew him  Hiberneros peppers last year and they were so hot he ask me to stick with jalapeno!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Good instincts Debbie.   She was one that was supposed to eat one but at the time she was at her 27th week appointment.   They decided to induce.  They just now gave her an epidural to help with the pain.  Please all, send those prayers for my baby to safely have her baby!

Sending prayers

Edited by molly361
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

My husband ate the Last Dab Hot sauce with no problem just like he eats Ghost peppers.

Wow he's my hero. I ate a ghost pepper just one time and thought I was going to die.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

How is your youngest daughter feeling?  Isn't her "due" date next week, around the 15th or so?  Perhaps your newest granddaughter will be born on my birthday!😊

Yesterday was the 27th week.  Because she has gestational diabetes and high blood pressure the plan was to deliver the baby on the 29th week.  I hope your birthday is today because I want to see that baby born soon!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

It took all of about a week for me to realize why they needed French horn players.  I hated carrying that thing back and forth to school.  I stopped playing after 5th grade.

Uh oh. Andrew just joined the 6th grade band and will be learning to play French horn. I hope he likes it better than you did. 😞

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Positive thoughts are already crossing the pond.

John, forgive me for being "thick".... is your daughter induced at 27 weeks? Or is she "at term"?

I am glad I read this.... I was WAY off.  37th not 27th.  

She is having it hopefully today.  Yesterday was the 37th week but they were not letting her go past the 39th week.  I just tried to edit but to late.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am glad I read this.... I was WAY off.  37th not 27th.  

She is having it hopefully today.  Yesterday was the 37th week but they were not letting her go past the 39th week.  I just tried to edit but to late.

That makes much more sense. Though a 27 weeker can survive with a lot of support I would hate to see a newborn have to go through that. A 37 weeker is fine for induction.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yesterday was the 27th week.  Because she has gestational diabetes and high blood pressure the plan was to deliver the baby on the 29th week.  I hope your birthday is today because I want to see that baby born soon!

I will be thinking of her and your family. 

• Thanks 1