Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Our refund for the Aug 5 cruise is showing up on the credit card. TA said some of it will show up as FCC which will take some time to come, which is already allocated to another cruise.

I am surprised but happy that Royal worked it quite fast.  I have read that people are waiting months for the refunds due to covid cancellations.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog I thought of something that you might want to try to help you on your next cruise with the UDP.  From now until your cruise overdo making homemade pizza 🍕.   That way you will not be tempted as much to head to Sorento's!  Just an idea.  I started yesterday  and again tonight. 

Lol what’s funny is that I’ve only had Sorrento’s one time before on all my cruises. I thought it was horrible. I may need to give them another try. Usually by the time I have dinner and a show with several (more than 3) cocktails I’m usually ready for bed and not a snack.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Still looking for the card, but found a 1923 silver dollar and a bunch of 50 something year old New York City subway tokens.

Thanks for trying. That silver dollar might be worth something.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Has the cooler weather helped the peppers.  I am starting to share peppers more than tomatoes right now but more tomatoes are now coming.   We got new neighbors across the street now.  We were able to share peppers with them.  The wife is known for making good salsa so I am looking forward to sharing tomatoes too.

I bet your excited to get back on a boat.  You will get to relax from getting up and out to work each morning.   I bet you will enjoy good weather.   Cruise ships are good at dodging  rain.  We just got the RU email for our October cruise. 

Yes, I am noticing more peppers now.   My cucumbers are slowing down.     I'm sure your new neighbors will love getting some fresh garden items.😀

So true, I cannot wait to get back onboard.  I'm thinking we are going to have a nice relaxing cruise but you never know until you get onboard.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Our refund for the Aug 5 cruise is showing up on the credit card. TA said some of it will show up as FCC which will take some time to come, which is already allocated to another cruise.

I am surprised but happy that Royal worked it quite fast.  I have read that people are waiting months for the refunds due to covid cancellations.

In the last 2.5 yrs I guess I have been one of the lucky ones and received all refunds in 2 to 3 weeks.   Happy to hear you started to see yours and booked a new sailing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Suddenly today I noticed that Jade's eyes are really intensifying in their green color. Good thing or I'd have to change her name.😇

20220817_163550.thumb.jpg.27ac6df343e68fef81a97936cd45442a.jpg

20220817_163539.thumb.jpg.b99be9377dd6fb0f37da848eb33dd5df.jpg

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Nice color and the 2nd pic looks like she us smiling  

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Jade is looking lovely. 🥰
She has a smile in the second picture! And those green eyes are very enchanting.

Jade truly is a beautiful cat, was also going to see it looks like she is smiling.  You can tell she loves her life, and you both deserve it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

Still looking for the card, but found a 1923 silver dollar and a bunch of 50 something year old New York City subway tokens.

What were you looking for, UDP on the Seapass? It doesn't say anything about it on the cards. We just had it in April. They just take your cards and room number and come back with $0 receipt slips. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

What were you looking for, UDP on the Seapass? It doesn't say anything about it on the cards. We just had it in April. They just take your cards and room number and come back with $0 receipt slips. 

George was helping me with a question about if there was a UDP designation on the sea pass card. He was going to look at one of his old ones. It appears that it all associated with the cabin number.

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

George was helping me with a question about if there was a UDP designation on the sea pass card. He was going to look at one of his old ones. It appears that it all associated with the cabin number.

Oh okay. No. Good news about the silver dollar. But no, it is not shown on your seapass. Ours still show My Time Dining. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

I’m such a bad influence on my children. After a nice dinner I made Linda and I a cocktail. I recently got a nice bottle of 100% Agave Reposado Tequila. I made a strawberry margarita with a great mix I found that is also made with 100% agave and is organic.

31CA96BE-EAF1-45A4-BC94-56786D36E2AF.thumb.jpeg.f918ab4314dc0cadfbf123c9e986f6cb.jpeg

Needless to say Charlie and Lizzy loved the smell. After I drank most of it, the kids were determined to get a taste. Here’s a pic of Charlie’s head completely in the cup getting a lick. What a lush!

9E2E03EB-397A-48D5-ADE7-D8D86350C5CF.thumb.jpeg.eedc3c3e5340b45dcf03bd8ada3bee8b.jpeg

I have to say this was one fine drink.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

19 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Current UK version of BD the date was March 5th 2020.

Rachel the chef is not popular.

62°F and sunny here this morning after rain yesterday.

Graham 

If it's Rachel's 1st season, she was quite nasty. It was sad, but entertaining. She quit drinking and pretty much redeemed herself for 2nd season. 

She has since gone off the rails again and has been bad-mouthing Bravo. 

Great chef, but has problems.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

If it's Rachel's 1st season, she was quite nasty. It was sad, but entertaining. She quit drinking and pretty much redeemed herself for 2nd season. 

She has since gone off the rails again and has been bad-mouthing Bravo. 

Great chef, but has problems.

Yes it's her first season.

She has shown herself up being drunk and even walked off the ship and quit but she came back just several hours before the next charter.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Went out to dinner last night.  Had Mongolian Lamb Bao.  I’ve never had nor heard of  bao buns before.  Three on the plate filled with Mongolian Lamb.  Delicious.  

We have a popular restaurant near us called Wicked Bao.  Love those bao buns.  Like sweet, puffy, Asian tacos.

• Like 3

Now that the cruise is over, we are eagerly awaiting the phone call on pins and needles.

Now there may be a surge of homeless cats, but we want a fur ball young enough to grow old with us.

So we are patiently (lol) awaiting the call to adopt.  

We are not picky, and are trying to stay calm till she arrives.

Just like an expectant mom, everything is ready for the arrival.

Our daughters Maid of Honor works at a veterinary clinic and is coordinating the process.

The excitement is building.

Hopefully soon.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1