Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

another new hike to start the day, gym, cleaned the oven (ughhhhhh) and now watching the Bucs. 

Hope you all have a great week. 

B0082F13-F931-4117-8522-B1F487712AA5.jpeg

Wow! Look at all of those new houses going in. They keep building higher and higher here too. Great photos! :classic_biggrin:

I might add, their play was equal to the halftime show. I wanted them to win, but their play was worthy of this teasing. 

This was the first that I every wanted the Weekend to end early, just like the game.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

My eldest had a scare at work. His office mate tested positive on Thursday, he was sent for test on Friday. Just got the good news he is negative tonight.

Hopefully an eye opener to be diligent 

The way our ‘rules’ are working, your eldest would have been in self-isolation for 10 days after his contact with work-mate and then tested at the end of the self-isolation. I don’t want to sound like the prophet of doom - but he may still develop symptoms or even be asymptomatic and spread the virus. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

My sister and brother in law just went to ER for covid tests. Both are very sick with chills and respiratory problems and runny noses. A friend took them to ER. I posted before my bil said he wouldnt get vaccinated because he read there can be side effects. I was upset he was refusing. 

Hope they get better.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Graham,

How is your "renewed" eye doing?🌷

Thanks Dani for asking.

The bubble in my eye is close to the bottom when looking straight ahead.

General vision is fairly clear but reading is blurry but consultant said I will probably need a new glasses prescription when things settle down.

I have an appointment on 24th February with the consultant.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

consultant said I will probably need a new glasses prescription when things settle down.

He is right.

Since glasses here are very expensive, and not covered by any health insurance, "my prof." (Anat Loewenstein) always suggested to buy a very cheap pair (Boots?) for the 2-3 months "transit" period.

My DH, after having cataract op on both eyes (not at the same time 😉) doesn't need glasses anymore.

He couldn't adapt to multi-focal, and he was going with 2 pairs on a string, always choosing the "wrong" one to put on. Life is much easier now 😁

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

He is right.

Since glasses here are very expensive, and not covered by any health insurance, "my prof." (Anat Loewenstein) always suggested to buy a very cheap pair (Boots?) for the 2-3 months "transit" period.

My DH, after having cataract op on both eyes (not at the same time 😉) doesn't need glasses anymore.

He couldn't adapt to multi-focal, and he was going with 2 pairs on a string, always choosing the "wrong" one to put on. Life is much easier now 😁

Current glasses are vari- focal lenses.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

My eldest had a scare at work. His office mate tested positive on Thursday, he was sent for test on Friday. Just got the good news he is negative tonight.

Yes, it is scary.   He may want to get another test this week.  They say to wait approx. 5 days from the time of possible exposure.  

Eric tested positive tuesday and I got a test friday morning that was negative and will get another one thursday since he came home from hospital saturday.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Great idea for your neighborhood.  Open up lemonicella stand 💥

15 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It sounds like covid19.

I hope your sister and BIL recover okay.

It's a shame he didn't listen to you and got the vaccine.

What is also a shame are the people that practically refuse to admit that Covid 19 is real.  There is a grocery store in Collier county Florida...called "Seed to Table" that encourages no mask use.  He, his employees, and customers are all in that store in close quarters with no masks.  

Makes me wonder if these nay sayers that refuse health protocols directed by the CDC...should perhaps sign waivers that they will not seek medical treatment from our already overworked and stressed out health care workers, as they are knowingly putting themselves in harms way.  They are thumbing their noses at these poor dedicated workers.

When those nay sayers get sick...of course they head right to the hospital.  

Yeah, I will get off my soap box now...but I see it with my poor overworked sister, a doctor of infectious diseases...that cries each time she loses a patient.  And there are too many of them.  

• Like 9