Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I will get off my soap box now...but I see it with my poor overworked sister, a doctor of infectious diseases...that cries each time she loses a patient.  And there are too many of them.  

Covid is real and a real tragedy 😢

• Like 1

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Well that was 4 hours of my life I’ll never get back.

Here I am at Arrowhead Stadium with all the Chiefs Fans.  They came in the van. 

577DC4E3-29CE-460D-8024-B2C9D55413F9.thumb.jpeg.ba0ad6bb1343386778c899ee8c2ee6d4.jpeg

Can you find them?

E3374344-920F-41CB-B6EF-A770CB3487DE.thumb.jpeg.af1f1aae4028baa10bcdb2108c7ad95f.jpeg

The original design of Arrowhead and whatever they call the Royals field was for a movable roof that could travel from one stadium to the next

• Like 1

Unfortunately, my BIL did not survive his stroke.  The family is devastated but is taking some solace that he is an organ donor and they have already found a match for his kidney in California.  They were able to see him in the hospital before he passed following strict rules.  Two people could visit for 15 minutes, followed by 2 more people for another 15 minutes, followed by 2 more people for an hour.  Not sure how they came up with that rule, but it let his immediate family and brother say their goodbyes.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Unfortunately, my BIL did not survive his stroke.  The family is devastated but is taking some solace that he is an organ donor and they have already found a match for his kidney in California.  They were able to see him in the hospital before he passed following strict rules.  Two people could visit for 15 minutes, followed by 2 more people for another 15 minutes, followed by 2 more people for an hour.  Not sure how they came up with that rule, but it let his immediate family and brother say their goodbyes.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Oh no...I am so sorry to hear that.  So very sad indeed. 🥺 Hugs to the family.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

Makes me wonder if these nay sayers that refuse health protocols directed by the CDC...should perhaps sign waivers that they will not seek medical treatment from our already overworked and stressed out health care workers, as they are knowingly putting themselves in harms way.  They are thumbing their noses at these poor dedicated workers.

When those nay sayers get sick...of course they head right to the hospital.  

Yeah, I will get off my soap box now...but I see it with my poor overworked sister, a doctor of infectious diseases...that cries each time she loses a patient.  And there are too many of them.  

Kinda like folks that don't follow mandatory hurricane evacuations, then call to be rescued 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Unfortunately, my BIL did not survive his stroke. 

So sorry for your and your family loss. Pls. accept my sincere condolences.

The family is devastated but is taking some solace that he is an organ donor and they have already found a match for his kidney in California.

Hat down for being an organ donor. I'm one too. Saves so many lives, and its a kind of solace indeed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I might add, their play was equal to the halftime show. I wanted them to win, but their play was worthy of this teasing. 

This was the first that I every wanted the Weekend to end early, just like the game.

🤣  I had never heard of The Weeknd before the ads for the halftime show, and will probably never hear from him again.  I must be getting old.  

Having just purchased a house, I did enjoy this tweet:

Emmanuel Acho on Twitter: "How realtors be giving virtual tours of the home: https://t.co/VqazUT1Vq9" / Twitter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Dani for asking.

The bubble in my eye is close to the bottom when looking straight ahead.

General vision is fairly clear but reading is blurry but consultant said I will probably need a new glasses prescription when things settle down.

I have an appointment on 24th February with the consultant.

Graham.

I guess they cant get totally rid of the bubble. Sight is so important I'm worried for you. Keep us informed please.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Kinda like folks that don't follow mandatory hurricane evacuations, then call to be rescued 

Exactly.  Put yourselves in harms way...then cry when reality hits.  

What was that boy/girl scout motto..."always be prepared"...something like that.  😉 

40 minutes ago, island lady said:

Makes me wonder if these nay sayers that refuse health protocols directed by the CDC...should perhaps sign waivers that they will not seek medical treatment from our already overworked and stressed out health care workers, as they are knowingly putting themselves in harms way.  They are thumbing their noses at these poor dedicated workers.

You could say the same about those who engage in other useless, but dangerous to health, activities. Smoking comes to mind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

What is also a shame are the people that practically refuse to admit that Covid 19 is real.  There is a grocery store in Collier county Florida...called "Seed to Table" that encourages no mask use.  He, his employees, and customers are all in that store in close quarters with no masks.  

I absolutely agree with you Pat.

These people are idiots but will be the first ones to cry and expect instant treatment if they catch covid19.

Best wishes to you,Bucky and your sister.

Take care and stay safe away from those selfish nay Sayers.

Graham.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

My eldest had a scare at work. His office mate tested positive on Thursday, he was sent for test on Friday. Just got the good news he is negative tonight.

Hopefully an eye opener to be diligent 

Most people test negative until day 5-7 after the exposure.  Taking the test immediately rarely leads to a positive test.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'll feel better when the fishermen's coffee from alaska arrives!  Should receive today 😀

Yummmss!!  About to pour myself one of our favorite flavors....Bore Tide Blend.  Delicious!  I ran out the last time, this time I made sure to order well in advance.  Surprisingly quick turn around on their delivery time  though!.  

Sooo happy you are enjoying it....go figure...finally find a great coffee in Alaska.  😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

So sorry for your loss.  

Glad family was able to visit for final goodbyes.  So sad how many people dont get that opportunity these days.

Hang in there, you and your wife are in our thoughts and prayers.

Yes, I hope the family peace knowing his organ(s) will help someone else.

My Eric had received his organ transplant from a young boy that had overdosed on heroin and the parents made the decision to donate while he was on life support.  We are thankful everyday!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I absolutely agree with you Pat.

These people are idiots but will be the first ones to cry and expect instant treatment if they catch covid19.

Best wishes to you,Bucky and your sister.

Take care and stay safe away from those selfish nay Sayers.

Graham.

Thanks Graham...and you as well.  🙂  

Off to the dentist in a couple of hours.  And right now my house is also upended with the tear out of the tile in our bathroom going on.   What a mess, lots of noise...but will be worth it.  🤗

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yummmss!!  About to pour myself one of our favorite flavors....Bore Tide Blend.  Delicious!  I ran out the last time, this time I made sure to order well in advance.  Surprisingly quick turn around on their delivery time  though!.  

Sooo happy you are enjoying it....go figure...finally find a great coffee in Alaska.  😄 

I dont remember name but I also ordered the coffee of the month to try.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That is awful and very sad  news.

Our sympathies to you and all your family.

As an organ donor he is giving life to someone else which is a wonderful gift.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1