Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are back from Brooklyn, all went well.  Let me know how you made out.

Marietta

I am glad that all went well .We left our house 7:30 and got to the doctor 8:15.We were home by 10:00.It began to storm at 11:15.

Lenny

• Like 2

On 8/3/2020 at 7:08 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Guess who was chillin on the porch during all the action?

60044E9F-F115-4914-A218-C101C47194D7.thumb.jpeg.1f51115d2397a6a9e00c43b6a1b47393.jpeg

I spent the entire day reading the Four headed Monster Harmony review. LOVED it! It was a calming read during the storm! LOL! CLR is a RIOT!
Very upset that many of Maureen's picture links did not show up as links in the review (probably edited?)😢

Saw Owen's picture for the first time.......what a cute kiddo.

The cat in the picture ^ is a sweetheart!

• Like 3

So the online part of my "routine" day has changed a lot in the last couple of months.  I didn't have a lot of (non-work related) online time when I was working.  Then, I was mostly on Cruise Critic with a check typically every day of the limited number of people that I follow on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube. I avoid Facebook like the plague (insert Covid joke here).  That has changed a lot.

With more time in retirement, I've gone down the YouTube rabbit hole.  YouTube does a great job of presenting videos on your main page that may be of interest to you, based on other videos that you watch.  Setting aside the fact that Google knows more about me than I know about myself, I am now watching many (many) more YouTube videos.  I mentioned that I am designing a new workbench for my basement shop area.  I looked at several YouTube videos to get design and construction ideas.  YouTube starting giving me woodworking related videos to watch...which I happily did.  There are some incredibly talented and creative woodworkers sharing their projects.  Same thing happened with a half dozen other hobbies/interests.  I have greatly expanded my number of YouTube channel subscriptions.  My YouTube video watching time has gone up exponentially.

Anyone else been sucked into the swirling vortex that is YouTube?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

I have definitely gotten pulled into the Youtube vortex! I think I binged Kara & Nate on YouTube videos for an entire week until there were no more to watch

I love Kara and Nate. Also try the Endless Adventure, but if you want travel you have to go back to videos they posted pre Covid. All they're doing now is renovating an RV for future road trips. I still watch, but others may not find it interesting and just want to stick to their travel adventures. 

20 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Anyone else been sucked into the swirling vortex that is YouTube?

For years I have been. I would wrap of live cruise reviews in bed at 1/2am then fall asleep with my iPad hitting my face while trying to keep up with daily vloggers. I mainly follow automotive guys, a couple farmers, an antique seller, and Dr Pimple Popper well before her show was on TV. 

This is a series on the Antique collector from Edmonton Alberta. Alex the homeless man who he helped, is actually from my home town 3,000 kilometres away from where it was filmed. 

Here is an update on Alex, at 7 minutes in. They raised $18,000 on Go Fund me and sent him home to be with his family. 

On 8/7/2020 at 8:45 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Wednesday, l led a small group of Daytona riders on a 280 mile ride. A third of that in the pouring rain. 
A87EC492-E9D9-4208-9358-3510D3EE9CE5.jpeg

This is where that BBQ place is? behind Harley Davidson? and Comfort Suites (I think?)

Spent the week outside at my moms while she was away. I trimmed back some cedars and spruce trees, realigned some sprinkler heads that need it and replaced a few, and lastly power washed the curbs and sidewalks. She comes home tomorrow so I’ll be interested to see if she notices what has been done. I did give her a heads up so it’ll be curious to see what she notices.  I had beautiful days to do it. 

0176BC63-21D7-4F69-8D60-8746AE19561B.thumb.jpeg.cd5e3be0e08dd9adcfac7528af378ad7.jpeg

556E8F18-318D-47A9-A74E-16FDE8A29DA8.thumb.jpeg.a7b3c55ad8ed9c0d656a41bf678bc6c1.jpeg

7560D983-1A37-458B-8D1C-875193BDE8D5.thumb.jpeg.5332bd5bee426e7c5d10a41acfc1b847.jpeg

We also did some preparing this morning for my MIL/SIL joint birthday party tomorrow.  Sharon, my MIL who some of you met on my live reviews, is coming for dinner tonight as it is her actual birthday today. After preparing I went for sweet corn. 

C8763473-5849-4E09-A201-FF43965B596E.thumb.jpeg.04d3691a7a5ff381dc2cff3a3d513791.jpeg

Relaxed by the pool after for a bit. It sure won’t be as peaceful tomorrow.  Going to enjoy it and the Canadian hosted NHL games today/tonight. I can tell you, the Toronto Maple Leafs will give me a coronary one day especially if they play like last night on Sunday. 

8AB9112E-EC8C-4D6E-BAE0-E2E2385016FC.thumb.jpeg.4f9c423f3e6d0ca1b70ede8084aaa723.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Spent the week outside at my moms while she was away. I trimmed back some cedars and spruce trees, realigned some sprinkler heads that need it and replaced a few, and lastly power washed the curbs and sidewalks. She comes home tomorrow so I’ll be interested to see if she notices what has been done. I did give her a heads up so it’ll be curious to see what she notices.  I had beautiful days to do it. 

0176BC63-21D7-4F69-8D60-8746AE19561B.thumb.jpeg.cd5e3be0e08dd9adcfac7528af378ad7.jpeg

556E8F18-318D-47A9-A74E-16FDE8A29DA8.thumb.jpeg.a7b3c55ad8ed9c0d656a41bf678bc6c1.jpeg

7560D983-1A37-458B-8D1C-875193BDE8D5.thumb.jpeg.5332bd5bee426e7c5d10a41acfc1b847.jpeg

We also did some preparing this morning for my MIL/SIL joint birthday party tomorrow.  Sharon, my MIL who some of you met on my live reviews, is coming for dinner tonight as it is her actual birthday today. After preparing I went for sweet corn. 

C8763473-5849-4E09-A201-FF43965B596E.thumb.jpeg.04d3691a7a5ff381dc2cff3a3d513791.jpeg

Relaxed by the pool after for a bit. It sure won’t be as peaceful tomorrow.  Going to enjoy it and the Canadian hosted NHL games today/tonight. I can tell you, the Toronto Maple Leafs will give me a coronary one day especially if they play like last night on Sunday. 

8AB9112E-EC8C-4D6E-BAE0-E2E2385016FC.thumb.jpeg.4f9c423f3e6d0ca1b70ede8084aaa723.jpeg

Super photos.

Happy birthday to your MIL and SIL.

Graham

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

They have the best Brunswick Stew. One of my Favorites. 

Are you local?  I know a really great BBQ Place about an hour and 15 minutes North of here. 

No, but I travel to and from Florida many times in a (normal) year. And mostly drive, so I am ready to check the other place out too.😛😄 Post!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

No, but I travel to and from Florida many times in a (normal) year. And mostly drive, so I am ready to check the other place out too.😛😄 Post!

Woodpeckers Backyard BBQ. Address is St Augustine but on corner of 13 and 16A. They open at 11. Get there no later than 1045. 

https://woodpeckersbbq.weebly.com

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Happy b'day to the b'day "girls".

So nice that you can all get together for the celebrations in those challenging times 🌷

I will pass on the greetings. 

In our province of Ontario we are allowed a “circle of 10”.  Basically it is 10 people that you can be closer than 6’ to without a mask. They are the only 10 that you can do this with. You can hug, eat together, be inclose contact etc... they are the ones in your bubble.  People can not be in each others bubble, once you hit ten in that one circle that’s it.  When you include my mom with the direct in-laws we make 10.  

I am certain there are some not following these rules.  However we have now gone 6 days in a row with under 100 case a day, in a province of 14.5 million.  All while testing an average of 26,000 people a day. I’m sure the numbers will rise again at some point put it has been a long haul to get here. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Super photos.

Happy birthday to your MIL and SIL.

Graham

Will do. 🙂

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

What a beautiful property Andrew. Presumably you just went and picked some of your own corn? :classic_biggrin: Unlike the rest of us that have to go to the supermarket or farmers' market. :classic_smile:

Road side stand for me. My neighbour grew it for a few years In his garden and we could just go over and help ourselves. 

We do have 100 acre fields of sweet corn for canners/frozen producers such as Green Giant around here.  They also grow peas here and when they are harvested it smells like peas as you drive by the fields. A few days later it does not smell so nice as the pea chaff is decomposing.🤢

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yesterday, cooked Lamb Chops in Sous Vide and Greek Potatoes. 

The lamb chops look soooo amazing. Here it's very difficult to find those, and when you do and they're not full of fat, they're very expensive.

Instead of lamb chops, we made do with those 😁 :

IMG-20200724-WA0003_3.jpg

• Like 6