Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Wonder if they are drinkable?

The Holy Grail Ale would not be any good, but you could keep it as a conversation piece.  I have that one that my son bought for me, along with the Monte Python and the Holy Grail DVD. 

B6BCC637-B43C-48F2-B3C9-F571B4895D43.thumb.jpeg.825e0a4584c04078854182fda9dc58d2.jpeg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I find it very amusing to see how their behaviors change when they go from Below Deck to "Above Deck". 😯😄

You missed a few seasons if you started in the Med.

Yes, I didn't know the show existed till I saw a commercial for below deck med and checked it out and was hooked immediately.    Then I discovered the original below deck and got all caught up on them a couple years ago.     The below deck sailing yacht show is cool to check out the sail boat, etc. but I found the "drama" basically non-existent.     Hopefully there will be a new season and it will have a little more "drama" to it.   

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I was hooked just on watching the water and scenery.   I am finding this Below Deck to be annoying, not rooting for any of them.

I tend to agree, except I like the bosun. He has his head on right, seems to know his stuff. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Most of mine come in stating:  "Scam risk".  😉  Even the phone company knows who they are.  

Which brings me to this point.  Years ago, when applying for new phone number, I had to submit credit report, proof of residency...etc. 

Now?  It's anything goes.  Phone companies greedily hand out millions of phone numbers for these scammers to use for a price.  😡

The scammers that freak out are the ones that mimmick your phone number or call from a number that is one or two digits off from my phone number.     No idea how they do that, but that is so wrong!

This past weekend I was getting several calls about fraud on an amazon acct.   I don't have an amazon acct.    Sure I order stuff from amazon but I never set up an acct with them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Lately I have been sharing how even though I am retired I have been busy with our daughters wedding planning ( she lives out of town) and I have been doing a great job of I do say so myself. 

Plus re-decorating and get new floors in our house. 

In addition my husband had lost his last remaining relative last year ( he inherited the house) and my new job has been in dealing with their hoarding throwing away tons of old bags, bills, disposable store containers, they never threw anything out.  Organizing for a massive garage sale. 
After 7 large dumpsters. And after all the donations to goodwill, amvets, maternity house and moving all sellable items to storage till spring garage sale the house is empty. And will be going on the market.

Well kind of empty. I saved the best for last. 
I found these old bottles with no expiration date on them. I wonder if they are still good. I know this is their collection , some bottles are over 75 years old. 
Just wondering if they are still good ?  
Wonder if they are drinkable?

Asking for a friend. 

15C6FA4F-17E7-4A6B-BE5C-273BB5DA2D3E.jpeg

When my Grandfather passed away and we were cleaning out his belongings.    He had several bottles of very old liquor and we took one to our local liquor store and ask if they knew if it would be safe to drink.     They opened up up a bottle of scotch and OMG it was the worst smelling stuff, Gross.     We went home all threw out of the bottles as I didn't even want to open them after smelling that rancid scotch.    And I thought scotch aged well. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When my Grandfather passed away and we were cleaning out his belongings.    He had several bottles of very old liquor and we took one to our local liquor store and ask if they knew if it would be safe to drink.     They opened up up a bottle of scotch and OMG it was the worst smelling stuff, Gross.     We went home all threw out of the bottles as I didn't even want to open them after smelling that rancid scotch.    And I thought scotch aged well. 

Your story reminded me of a YouTuber that I follow. He bought a hoarder house and they decided to sample the booze they found in it. Unfortunately Alex and his wife lost her father to Covid near the start of the pandemic. This video is a great memory of the man. Funny video too. 

• Like 1

Last night was Below Deck night in this house.  Tonight we are caught up on Heavy Rescue 401.  Even though I work with heavy equipment here on the farm it gives me great respect for what they do. 

Now we are watching My Feet are Killing Me. I can’t fathom the pain that these individuals go through. My SIL can watch zombie movies all day long but a promo for this show makes her wince. 

Before pic.

56E7080C-8FAF-4F62-A7E5-2072B2C8816D.thumb.jpeg.9f87786731065de2e28491df5dbcf520.jpeg

After pic.

877E5F8E-F839-44D1-9865-6945E3D6D9F6.thumb.jpeg.3737b61045a91dcc15793016e328cf9e.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Your story reminded me of a YouTuber that I follow. He bought a hoarder house and they decided to sample the booze they found in it. Unfortunately Alex and his wife lost her father to Covid near the start of the pandemic. This video is a great memory of the man. Funny video too. 

Watching that was making my stomach churn with mixing all those different liquors.  Plus I'm not a fan of brandy.    Fun group!

Last night was Below Deck night in this house.  Tonight we are caught up on Heavy Rescue 401.  Even though I work with heavy equipment here on the farm it gives me great respect for what they do. 

Now we are watching My Feet are Killing Me. I can’t fathom the pain that these individuals go through. My SIL can watch zombie movies all day long but a promo for this show makes her wince. 

Before pic.

56E7080C-8FAF-4F62-A7E5-2072B2C8816D.thumb.jpeg.9f87786731065de2e28491df5dbcf520.jpeg

After pic.

877E5F8E-F839-44D1-9865-6945E3D6D9F6.thumb.jpeg.3737b61045a91dcc15793016e328cf9e.jpeg

Omg that is freaky.  How did she gets shoes made with long of a toe.  Flip flops!

We found a new (to us) show last night called The Undoing, with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant.  Really good murder mystery.  We watched the first 3 of 6 episodes (about one hour each) in one sitting and will probably watch the final 3 tonight.  It's no Below Deck but... 

• Haha 1

So, I guess the foot show doesn’t get the same traction as Below Deck.

I've seen it, but I find myself having to look away sometimes at the sights.  Same with Dr. Pimple Popper.  A new season of Outdaughtered is coming up.  Can't wait for that one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good Mornin, @dani negreanu. Are you Ok?  I noticed you weren't posting yesterday, are the grandchildren keeping you busy?

We had another 3 inches of snow overnight.  I'm getting tired of shoveling every couple of days and they say more on the way this weekend.  

Hi Debbie,

Yes, yesterday I was more or less wiped out... What kept me "going" for the last weeks was that I knew the lockdown will end this Sunday, and the kids will return to the kindergarten and therefore their parents will get back to full time work...

But, since, even with a very successful roll out of vaccines, the number of positives is high ("British" mutation and all "that jazz"), the opening of kindergartens and schools will be according the "levels".

As of now, only levels green and yellow will be back. The grandkids's kindergartens are in a "orange" city, while they live in a yellow one (DS and his family are due to move into their new house in a month time, and already registered them there).

So today we got a "free day" and our in-laws are in charge of them... We took the opportunity to breath a bit of a fresh air, and walked a trail on a cliff overlooking the sea.

For you, and for (snowed in) Graham @grapau27 some pics

Iris Haynei

_DSC3179.JPG

_DSC3190.JPG

From the cliff

_DSC3149.JPG

_DSC3151.JPG

20210211_112223.jpg

20210211_112808.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Hi Debbie,

Yes, yesterday I was more or less wiped out... What kept me "going" for the last weeks was that I knew the lockdown will end this Sunday, and the kids will return to the kindergarten and therefore their parents will get back to full time work...

But, since, even with a very successful roll out of vaccines, the number of positives is high ("British" mutation and all "that jazz"), the opening of kindergartens and schools will be according the "levels".

As of now, only levels green and yellow will be back. The grandkids's kindergartens are in a "orange" city, while they live in a yellow one (DS and his family are due to move into their new house in a month time, and already registered them there).

So today we got a "free day" and our in-laws are in charge of them... We took the opportunity to breath a bit of a fresh air, and walked a trail on a cliff overlooking the sea.

Iris Haynei

From the cliff

_DSC3149.JPG

_DSC3151.JPG

_DSC3179.JPG

_DSC3190.JPG

20210211_112223.jpg

20210211_112808.jpg

Beautiful pictures Dani. I've always wanted to visit Israel.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Hi Debbie,

Iris Haynei

_DSC3179.JPG

_DSC3190.JPG

From the cliff

_DSC3149.JPG

_DSC3151.JPG

20210211_112223.jpg

20210211_112808.jpg

Looks lovely.

Sorry to hear you were wiped out yesterday.

We have been locked down for 6 weeks and potentially for at least another 6 weeks.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Leaving in just over an hour for the drive south to our county health department for our appointment, 3:30 second Covid vaccine shot.  Hope all goes well as it did for the first one.  Soooo anxious to get this second shot, then the 2 week waiting period to have it hopefully take affect.  

Bucky bought me flowers for early Valentines day, lunch out at our local community restaurant, and now off to get our shots, and a visit to the nearby Total wine for restock.  🤗🍷  A good day!

Tomorrow the guys from the cabinet/counter top company are coming to do a template for cutting the slab of quartz they had in stock for our vanity counter top.  Tile guys finished up early, Bucky has the cabinets set and good to go, and I am soooo ready to return to a normal bathroom again!  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Leaving in just over an hour for the drive south to our county health department for our appointment, 3:30 second Covid vaccine shot.  Hope all goes well as it did for the first one.  Soooo anxious to get this second shot, then the 2 week waiting period to have it hopefully take affect.  

Bucky bought me flowers for early Valentines day, lunch out at our local community restaurant, and now off to get our shots, and a visit to the nearby Total wine for restock.  🤗🍷  A good day!

Tomorrow the guys from the cabinet/counter top company are coming to do a template for cutting the slab of quartz they had in stock for our vanity counter top.  Tile guys finished up early, Bucky has the cabinets set and good to go, and I am soooo ready to return to a normal bathroom again!  

Good luck with your second vaccine jabs this afternoon and your bathroom returning to normal tomorrow.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good luck with your second vaccine jabs this afternoon and your bathroom returning to normal tomorrow.

Bathroom not yet normal tomorrow...guys from the cabinet/vanity top company just coming in to do template (measurements) for cutting the slab.  Will be a week or two before they come back out with polished and cut slab,  and also have to set the sinks/faucets.  Floor tile turned out great and was done a day earlier than projected.  🙂 

• Like 1