Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I lay the brown bage flat too.  The down side is it's hard to observe the one's in the very back.  In a box it's easy to see them all.

Finnley is showing here eyes more now.

IMG_8398.thumb.jpeg.57ad917b44a2f5337e144911cc7d7457.jpeg

And Lottie's training to be more like Kenzie. 

IMG_1592.thumb.jpeg.3f7b08b53a223ee34ff97534efba2ff5.jpeg

Awww so cute! I love seeing your grandkids' pictures. 🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I lay the brown bage flat too.  The down side is it's hard to observe the one's in the very back.  In a box it's easy to see them all.

Oh John, the girls are priceless!  Thank you for sharing beautiful Finnley and her beautiful big sister Kenzie!💕

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Guess who these shots are for?

Costa Maya, Oasis of the Seas, 11/11/2023

a.thumb.jpg.5bb93c709b2ef666fc98d7eb90d6daf7.jpg

b.thumb.jpg.02134318274f380cc1c6c8e0be890439.jpg

c.thumb.jpg.084cb50f7e2e2e7d4c8cc2585fb8c892.jpg

d.thumb.jpg.a7aae01cfd1bda8fdd9cf646ea7428a1.jpg

e.thumb.jpg.36c632eec231294997baebc55a4bc0fe.jpg

Now those are good pics.  Did you get the official whistle blown at you?  Looks like you are going to do good with your live review. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh John, the girls are priceless!  Thank you for sharing beautiful Finnley and her beautiful big sister Kenzie!💕

The second pic is Lottie,  Kenzie's cousin.  She is trying to be like Kenzie.   Kenzie is over right now and taking care of Finnley.  Here's a quick pic.

20221111_183111.thumb.jpg.ff91cfa7b7c2bc8766faa2007229d8eb.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The second pic is Lottie,  Kenzie's cousin.  She is trying to be like Kenzie.   Kenzie is over right now and taking care of Finnley.  Here's a quick pic.

Oh dear, my mistake!  They all are so beautiful, John!  Enjoy your little ones!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a long lunch at our favorite restaurant which has 4 dollar martinis at lunch they normally say you are limited to three but they never limit me , wife is a sleep and I am now sipping a cognac and just started the fireplace for the first time this season unusually cold for Dallas. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I love Finnleys smile.  Lottie looks really focused on feeding her baby doll.  You and Sharon sure do have beautiful Grand babies🥰

Our Son Chris and Donna get married on Tuesday.   They want to buy a house before starting a family but the housing market is crappy for first time buyers so it may be a while before we become Grandparents.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love Finnleys smile.  Lottie looks really focused on feeding her baby doll.  You and Sharon sure do have beautiful Grand babies🥰

Our Son Chris and Donna get married on Tuesday.   They want to buy a house before starting a family but the housing market is crappy for first time buyers so it may be a while before we become Grandparents.

Congratulations!!!!  Enjoy Chris and Donna's big Wedding Day on Tuesday!💕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Cherry tomatoes usually does well for potted tomatoes. Look into using grow bags for pots.  You will not have to be concerned with them becoming rot bound because they air prone in grow bags. 

59 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

All of your grands are totally priceless.

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Best wishes and congratulations to Chris and Donna on their marriage on Tuesday.  Wishing them a lifetime of love and laughter.  Congratulations to you, Eric and the whole family.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Luckynana said:

Congratulations!!!!  Enjoy Chris and Donna's big Wedding Day on Tuesday!💕

We won't be there.  😥They are doing their own thing with Justice of Peace at a courthouse in Philadelphia.   They decided it would be tough to have a bunch of family due to way the JOP handles things.   

Also, Chris didn't want Donna to be upset since her parents are divorced and her Father lives out of country and her Mother out of state.

I was told they have someone at the courthouse that can take a video as a keepsake.    A bunch of us will go out to dinner Thursday night then they will go out to dinner with friends Friday night.

Their choice, their special day so I'm just going with the flow and respecting their wishes to not have anything big for them.

We are all looking forward to cruising together again next March.🥰

• Like 14

49 minutes ago, George C said:

Had a long lunch at our favorite restaurant which has 4 dollar martinis at lunch they normally say you are limited to three but they never limit me , wife is a sleep and I am now sipping a cognac and just started the fireplace for the first time this season unusually cold for Dallas. 

The south is getting cold.  Here in Arkansas they are forecasting an 83% chance of rain and snow at 3am.  7am 31⁰  The lows the next 2 weeks mid 20s to mid 30s. The heater will be on tonight. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Question for my friend from down under.  You observe both remembrance day and ANZAC day... How are the two distinguished from each other?

ANZAC Day was originally devised to honour the members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZACs) who served in the Gallipoli Campaign in the First World War.

It is on the 25 April  and we have a Public Holiday each year as a National Day of Remembrance for all those who served our country, not just in WWI. There are dawn services, parades and other events around the country and overseas.

Remembrance Day, whilst of equal importance, is not a Public Holiday and I feel has a lower profile in terms of events that occur on the day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@aussielozzie18 Do you know what Australian candy I can find here that I can’t get in the States? The neighbor kid across the street that comes to play with the cats every day asked for some. Thanks.

Well, the ones that our family love are Carmello Koalas and Allen’s snakes alive. DH is addicted to the first.  DS will take the later with him when he plays cricket for a sugar hit. So they pass the taste test.

2B1ED0DD-740D-402D-B668-C9EF8BABBFD9.thumb.jpeg.7e3fd6f3424ed63340fa51fafbf34b82.jpeg

Sorry, for the upside down photo but when I think of lollies, I think of Minties which were a staple of my childhood.  Great for if you had a loose tooth!

3DF6D6FA-B26A-40F8-93EA-13AA7D474C96.thumb.jpeg.9f91e4854c3a86ce9292a922480410e0.jpeg

Allen’s lollies are Australian made, so a couple more that might appeal.

BA6837EC-77FC-4010-A63A-0E582507CC22.thumb.jpeg.78e9ce284b9a3d304ea8dc192ba03e81.jpeg

If you want to take home a chocolate bar - Picnic - chocolate & nuts (mentioned if any nut allergies)

0127B6B6-2637-426E-96DA-4F1352B7D1FB.thumb.jpeg.d48ac7ae12f43cd0df4236cfcef9a83b.jpeg

These photos were taken in a Woolies supermarket.  If you are still in the CBD and have time, there is a Woolies supermarket opposite Town Hall Station on the corner of George Street - if you want to see what is on offer in their lollies/chocolate aisle.  

I assume this is what you meant by candies?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Question for my friend from down under.  You observe both remembrance day and ANZAC day... How are the two distinguished from each other?

I think Anzac Day is tied to the Gallipoli invasion date?  I know we celebrated it on a cruise from NZ 20 years ago with the Kiwis.

• Like 2