Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Veterans Day and a heartfelt thank you to all who serve. 
I may have posted this before, but here’s my favorite veteran, my Dad, in the back of a helicopter somewhere over Vietnam in 1967.  For some reason it’s my favorite picture of him, looking so young and handsome.  I think it’s also because he was a career military man through & through so this photo really captures him in his element.  I miss him.  

C20C776F-2909-4108-AA94-A2527B7CC383.thumb.jpeg.bcedda90f9a872677947493f0ff8e5ae.jpeg

Love this picture!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I was hoping Linda wouldn’t get it but she started coughing yesterday. She took a test yesterday and it was negative. Last night I heard her coughing some more. She took the test and now she is positive. Looks like we will hunker down in the house for the next few days. I’m starting to feel a little better. In some way I’m glad this happened now instead of during the holidays.

Sorry to hear Linda’s now sick.  I hope she’ll have a mild case.  Andy is still negative and feeling fine.  You are right about getting it now vs during the holidays.  We were supposed to go out Saturday night to a nice restaurant to celebrate youngest DD’s birthday. We moved it to next weekend the 18th but I’m worried if Andy gets sick in the upcoming days, we’ll have to extend it even longer.  Not to mention, we saw youngest DD briefly Monday night so I hope she doesn’t get it which will ruin birthday plans she has with her friends.  They’re taking her to Foxwoods overnight in the 19th and to the Patriots game on the 20th.  
My cold symptoms are all gone, I just feel fatigued - from all my laying around LOL.  Feel better, both of you.  

• Like 10

Thank you all for your encouragement and get well wishes.  This thread sets the standard for tolerance, compassion, support, etc., etc.  Dani, you did good!

Greg, sorry to hear Linda is positive for covid but it was probably inevitable.  Hoping her symptoms are mild.  How is your shoulder and knee?  Any pain?

I'm not much of a drinker but I look forward to trying my first kraken colada on our Bella cruise!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I finished this book yesterday, didn’t love it.  Might actually be my least favorite Grisham novel.

830BD5A4-0524-4533-B384-C9ACCE24BE16.thumb.jpeg.c3774a93ad08c9c9382105a1e45ee9d6.jpeg

This morning I download the new Michael

Connelly and Nelson DeMille books to my Kindle.  How to choose which one first?! 

I'm glad the library has an option to delay delivery to kindle for a week or two.  One time I received notification that 3 of my  hold books were ready for download!

I have the Grisham book on my library hold list, as well as Joanna Gaine's new book "The Stories We Tell".  I wasn't thrilled with the David Baldacci book, "Long Shadows" nor Harlan Coben's "Win".   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I finished this book yesterday, didn’t love it.  Might actually be my least favorite Grisham novel.

This morning I download the new Michael

Connelly and Nelson DeMille books to my Kindle.  How to choose which one first?! 

I've downloaded Connelly, and he is always my first priority.

It's years since I've read a DeMille book, absolutely loved all the early ones -- Plum Island, The Gold Coast, The General's Daughter, etc. This one has, so far, only 4* on Amazon.

Connelly is more "constant" for me.

Just finished an excellent Grisham -- The Guardians. Highly recommended.

Started the newest Robert Crais, so far, a "constant" like Connelly.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I was hoping Linda wouldn’t get it but she started coughing yesterday. She took a test yesterday and it was negative. Last night I heard her coughing some more. She took the test and now she is positive. Looks like we will hunker down in the house for the next few days. I’m starting to feel a little better. In some way I’m glad this happened now instead of during the holidays.

Sorry to hear Linda now has covid.    You both can hunker down and snuggle with the pups and cat😃

I agree I was glad that I got it in October and I don't have to worry about our next cruise on 12.04 and the holidays.    I was really surprised that Eric did not catch it in October especially since he is immuno-compromised being a transplant recipient but he had it Feb 2021 and I never got it then.   

I hope you both feel better soon.    Keep drinking lots of fluids (water)😃

• Like 4

On 11/9/2022 at 6:31 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Added.  7 before dinner.  Off to a fine start. 

I know I'm a few days behind and still have some catching up to do but I just had to say that you are my kind of cruiser! 👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

And I apologize Andrew. I reread my post and wasn't being critical at all. I was surprised that it was "only" 47 years ago. And then it made me think about other disasters that were not as memorialized. I'm glad you posted about the Edmund Fitzgerald. ☺️

I saw Gordon Lightfoot in concert many years ago.To see him sing the song live was so very moving.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I've downloaded Connelly, and he is always my first priority.

It's years since I've read a DeMille book, absolutely loved all the early ones -- Plum Island, The Gold Coast, The General's Daughter, etc. This one has, so far, only 4* on Amazon.

Connelly is more "constant" for me.

Just finished an excellent Grisham -- The Guardians. Highly recommended.

Started the newest Robert Crais, so far, a "constant" like Connelly.

I just started reading Connelly , really like them so far , I like that he has multiple characters. I guess Israel doesn’t have a veteran day since everyone is a veteran. My mom was buried next to my dad in a military cemetery. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Happy Veterans Day and thank you all who have served and are serving now.

My Father was in the Navy, Many, Many years ago.

image.thumb.jpeg.7579ee8206d03393a4d32ff6bc36afbf.jpeg

It is Armistice Day here in the UK with a 2 minutes silence at 11am.

My grandfather was gassed at the Somme but survived.

Happy Veterans Day in the US.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, George C said:

I just started reading Connelly , really like them so far , I like that he has multiple characters. I guess Israel doesn’t have a veteran day since everyone is a veteran. My mom was buried next to my dad in a military cemetery. 

Not every Israeli citizen has served in the armed services .CO’s have not.

Yom Hazikaron is an annual day of rememberance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hopefully Linda will get better soon.When my daughter had Covid a few weeks ago she decided to stay at their Manhattan apartment and her husband opted to stay at their house n upstate NY.However,he also got Covid .They are both fine now.

• Like 3

Last month whole cruising,  the kids cane over and picked about everything out of the garden since we were having our 1st freeze night.   I put all the green and partially green tomatoes in boxes to ripen.  In this box every tomato was green.  Now look at them.

20221111_124240.thumb.jpg.814bbe6d2a819596ce1b4f8fb9abd304.jpg

This box was green to partially green.

20221111_124251.thumb.jpg.f36d3a6ce1d7aed9fede6ff850638485.jpg

Another box that holding some about ready to eat.

20221111_124359.thumb.jpg.347a74e39b8aecc25e1b623349dd8265.jpg

Last year we ate our last garden tomato mid December. 

This method works good for peaches too.  When grocery peaches are hard, I put them up like this and they ripen up to just ripe peaches.

If you trybthis method make sure you check up on them every few days.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

CO’s have not.

Pls. check your "facts".

The Israeli army doesn't have a West Point, therefore no "COs". You enroll, start your service, and if the army see you fit, the army sends you to "officers' school".

The army service is compulsory, unless you're a married woman (at 18 years....) or for medical reasons.

• Like 16

2 hours ago, George C said:

My mom was buried next to my dad in a military cemetery. 

That's indeed a great honor. 

Here, in military cemeteries, a "civil" lot is allocated only for parents of fallen soldiers. Not spouses.

Instead of Veterans Day, we have a day of mourning for fallen soldiers, when restaurants, theaters, shops are closed, and we observe also 2 minutes of silence.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Pls. check your "facts".

The Israeli army doesn't have a West Point, therefore no "COs". You enroll, start your service, and if the army see you fit, the army sends you to "officers' school".

The army service is compulsory, unless you're a married woman (at 18 years....) or for medical reasons.

CO’s meaning Conscientious Objectors