Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

49 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m so so far behind. I have been on for a few minutes here and there. Very busy and dealing with family back home. I just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. I’ll start trying to catch up.

Good to hear from you, Renee!  I was starting to worry about you, having not heard from you in a while!  Merry Christmas to you and Mike🎄

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

My Wife just went downstairs to start the Blue Crab Sauce w/Fusilli, also having Shrimp Cocktail, Cajun Krab Dip, Calamari Salad with Shrimp and  Scungilli, Stuffed Clams, Stuffed Cherry Peppers with Tuna.

😁

Wow. That sounds lovely.

It's just me & John this weekend. Tonight we're having brats in kraut, little sizzlers in bbq sauce, cheese, crackers, salami, pickles, raw veggies, etc. while watching Harrison Ford movies and The Sting. It was way too cold to go shopping for anything special. 

Tomorrow we'll visit my mom for a bit while they have a short Christmas program.

Everyone have a blessed Christmas or Hanukkah. Looking forward to a peaceful new year - the world deserves it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Christmas Eve in Sydney.  

Beautiful Balmoral Beach In the late afternoon 

Susie amongst the crowds watching

the Christmas light display (set to music)

Santa on his way courtesy of the NSW fire service

9577E642-5D9C-4B6A-A71F-ED024E25C5F5.thumb.jpeg.ebd631b9bc4937bd8b096a6b3c13f600.jpeg

9B7AB611-6F15-451E-9468-84D0572F44B6.thumb.jpeg.adbafed07682ee79016605fb6680afc4.jpeg

C752B60F-3532-4682-8701-542CC5BDAC46.thumb.jpeg.46a215d8316eef263fa2f6ef27cad296.jpeg

9E99B9CA-E6BE-4893-9B03-5794AAE96766.thumb.jpeg.903de488cb9d10389a69ca92a040f608.jpeg

Lovely photos.

Paulines cousin in Adelaide just text and said it is hot in Adelaide.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

To my friends in the Northern Hemisphere, can you believe that I had to swap cars yesterday because DH left the Impreza in the full sun and the steering wheel (& seat) were too hot to touch….

We have that very same problem here...😑

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m so so far behind. I have been on for a few minutes here and there. Very busy and dealing with family back home. I just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. I’ll start trying to catch up.

And a Merry Christmas to you and Mike.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

My Wife just went downstairs to start the Blue Crab Sauce w/Fusilli, also having Shrimp Cocktail, Cajun Krab Dip, Calamari Salad with Shrimp and  Scungilli, Stuffed Clams, Stuffed Cherry Peppers with Tuna.

😁

That all sounds so good.

• Like 1

I wanted to take a minute to wish all our friends here, so celebrate, a Merry Christmas.  I enjoyed those family photos that were posted, and photos of your preparations for the holidays. 

Adding my condolences for losses, and congratulations for those new beginnings.  

As for us, we are now in Ft. Lauderdale until after the new year.  Today’s drive was much better than yesterday.  It was a chilly 29° when we drove around The Jacksonville bypass.  The sun was shining as we crossed this beautiful cable stay bridge. 

548EEB03-C02E-42A4-8521-52B7C2C56DC1.thumb.jpeg.64cb642609d82f04f59ac380ffcccc5b.jpeg

I have also found that I can’t drive past one of these. 

CFD0BED4-69F5-44BB-AC50-AD7F8464B245.thumb.jpeg.ba81450e8b98c8dde29d18782ea9761a.jpeg

It was packed with people doing their last minute shopping. 

CFCF7EC9-8D9B-4D69-A0CA-7F6453221BCE.thumb.jpeg.0de510eafac7b302847cacbdbf0ec2dc.jpeg

I remember stopping on Christmas Day last year, and it was packed then. 

My son and his family will be on the red eye flight from San Francisco, so I will be at the airport by 7am to pick them up.  Daughter and her family will not arrive for a couple days yet. Tomorrow will be our traditional hibachi dinner.  It will be good to have everyone together again. 

• Like 15

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Tonight's plans got way-laid...everyone in our house is sick.  Ryan and I are recovering from head colds, Judy started 2 days ago, Jim yesterday, and now Jack has a fever.  Our SIL woke up with a fever this morning.  However, all the presents are wrapped, and gifts will appear under the tree sometime tonight.🎄  It's all good..😉

Hope you will all feel better soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Cuteness at it's best!

+1 @DaniDanielle

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just got home from church. The place was packed. It's a good thing many of those people won't be back until Easter.🫥

LOL!!  So true!  Merry Christmas, OB, to you and your family!🎄

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny- I don’t think that my hubby crossed paths with you as he grew up on suburban LI and went to college in Connecticut. 

For some time he was an executive with Dime Savings Bank,but that was a long time ago.

As I have mentioned,we have been living out in Eastern LI for over thirty years now.

I just think that hubby has a kind of familiar face.

When he was younger, people thought he looked like Chevy Chase.

A few years ago,a waitress thought he was Steve Martin !!! Maybe because he was cracking jokes  with friends at our table.

We started cruising with Princess in 2004,with an Alaskan cruise that we thoroughly enjoyed. Princess had/has  cruises going out of Red Hook and we took a number of them. One went to New England and  Canada , we took two round trip cruises to the Caribbean and two repositioning cruises from Bklyn to Ft Lauderdale with Caribbean ports. The Bklyn  port was so convenient for us with no flying involved.

Our last cruise was the Summer of 2019.

We are not sure if we will take another cruise. We do miss those kinds of vacations though.

Hoping you are having a good day. It is about 24 degrees here now. At least the sun is shining !

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

You are probably correct,MJ.I worked briefly for the Federal Reserve Bank but that was my only time in the banking industry.

22 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Now don't tell me you want to be picked up too....no no I have to drive north to pick you up, but Debbie is on the way to VA. You will just have to make do with a pizza.😁

If only I could get RCI to deliver a couple of those fabulous Sorrento's pizzas.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13