Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@jagsfanMimi, so sorry to hear about the unexpected loss of your dear brother. Such a shock for you all, especially hard at this time of year to lose a loved one.

But congratulations to your lovely granddaughter and her husband to be. A happy event for the family to look forward to. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

1A5077D0-66E1-4A13-A336-D67ECB088C16.thumb.jpeg.3a4b31c91b21f9c5edca93244e275c32.jpegFreezing rain, ice on the truck, roads, and runways means SeaTac is shut down, our flight cancelled, and our Christmas trip to see our daughter in San Antonio is in the dumps.  

The weather in USA is making headlines on our news over here in UK. Sorry that all your plans for Christmas have been spoilt. I hope you get to celebrate at some stage together soon

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Actually after looking more closely, we are on the port side, so I guess no issues from the smokey smell just have to deal with the lights showing on that side of the ship from Jamie's. You every been on the port side, just how long are those lights left on.

Yes, we were port side our last cruise earlier this month and did not have any issue with Jamies lights and zero noise.   You will be just fine.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

So did your daughter's flight get canceled for today? Has she rebooked and found a hotel to stay in that takes pets?

After a 2 hour delay her flight just took off. O'Hare was so cold that she could see her breath inside the terminal but she and her cat are on their way. We are leaving to pick her up.

• Like 13

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I really like the May 30th itinerary, what cabins are best to book for the best view for this sailing?  Port, starboard or aft facing the wake? Now to find a cruise either before or after this one from Barcelona.......which looks like a 2 hour flight from Amsterdam to Barcelona, does that sound correct? Hopefully find one so we can spend 1 or 2 days inbetween cruises........Doesn't have to be Royal Caribbean either......Just 7-9 dayer with the most  Med. ports. Italy, Spain, France etc.

Serenade the sister of Jewel is one of our favorite ships.    They are identical deck plans.   

We enjoy hump balconies as well as the standard OVB (balconies are extended - not fully covered - see deck plan for cabins 7154/7664 thru 7176/7664).    Hump OVB cabins 8586 and 9592 are nice. 

JS Aft 9256 is really nice and usually sells out quick

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Well, it’s been a sad happy sad month!

I’ll be so glad when it’s over!

My beloved brother Bill died suddenly Dec 3. He was trying to turn over in bed and told my sister-in-law he felt weak. 
Eileen was trying to help him turn over and he went limp and was gone. She and then Rescue tried to bring him back, but it was no use. 
If anyone was the spirit of Christmas in our family, it was Bill. Years ago he put together many collages of photos going back years and adding new family members as they came along. He picked out pages and pages of Christmas songs, including a couple in German, one in Latin, and two in Spanish. No one in our family speaks Spanish, but we sing very enthusiastically. 
He had all of this bound and created family songbooks for our Christmas Eve singing. 
When they started talking about moving to NC, I took one of those songbooks added to the photos, and had a local printer make up new books for my ever growing branch of the family. 
Bill was a conscientious attorney, loving husband, brother, father, grandfather, and uncle with such a warm and giving heart. 
He could tell true life stories that would have everyone laughing helplessly. He was curious about everything and was always researching something that struck his fancy. He had our family’s travel gene, but didn’t head for the famous landmarks. He would find interesting people with interesting life stories wherever he went. 
Tomorrow night after our feast, my family here in Florida will pick up our songbooks and do our best without him. 
Here’s my brother Bill, on his first trip to Russia. He had a tutor for a year so he could meet people. Being Bill, the authorities presented no problem. 
Second is his lawyer self. Always honest, always caring. 
Last is the Christmas ornament my granddaughters named Uncle Billy almost 30 years ago. It’s always second on the tree after Angela goes on top. 
Hug your loved ones. Make sure they know they are loved. We are never promised tomorrow. 

84A97938-7F2F-44C8-8E3D-E32E02759E3B.jpeg

923E7393-2245-4314-B205-D87E303D75D9.jpeg

1C146FB8-3789-4AD1-83FE-2C42C74F4EAD.jpeg

So sorry to hear about your Brother Bill.   May he rest in peace🙏

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Serenade the sister of Jewel is one of our favorite ships.    They are identical deck plans.   

We enjoy hump balconies as well as the standard OVB (balconies are extended - not fully covered - see deck plan for cabins 7154/7664 thru 7176/7664).    Hump OVB cabins 8586 and 9592 are nice. 

JS Aft 9256 is really nice and usually sells out quick

My favorite too.

I moved to an aft balcony on the Jewel, deck 8 when it became available two days ago. Was on deck 9, now on deck 8 aft. On the Anthem, staying put with deck 6 hump balcony.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Got the OK to post a picture, sending Merry Holiday wishes to all.  Me with the grandkids during their visit.

783098413_20221221_1357432.thumb.jpg.0b03ad41c99e577f06f6e7a07ddd460d.jpg

Beautiful picture of you and your adorable grandchildren.  All that's missing is the frame to put this picture in.  Merry Christmas, April!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have actually done "Live Shots" where all those things were done except the one at the beach since Kansas City has no beaches. I will give my station credit last night they had no reporters standing outside in the cold. Most were either indoors or in our live van driving down the highway. I can't tell you how many times I did live shots out in the freezing cold. I don't miss those days at all.

As soon as I saw that on FB, I figured you'd be able to relate on a very personal level!!!

• Like 2

Ok, so I won’t make light of our drive again. When I said this morning that it would be an easy 6 hour drive, or 9 hours with holiday traffic, I didn’t know how close I would be.  I mean, it was sunny, dry roads.  What could go wrong?   

I must say, this was the absolute worst traffic we have ever seen on our drives to Florida.  Ten hours, because South Carolina decided to turn I-95 into a parking lot.  I kept checking our vehicle trip statistics, and we were averaging 10mph on I-95.  

Rubber neckers had to stop and look, every time they saw one of these, so that slowed things even more. 

0B623914-8E5B-4A31-B589-E5B827B87734.thumb.jpeg.f690d8133ba8a88bca4b8f375b1251e9.jpeg

Once we finally got to Georgia, traffic moved better.  

Unlike Pennsylvania, where we have a lot of deer along the highway, we always see those wild Georgia pigs along theirs. 

8248A2F8-E747-4254-9F56-084172810796.thumb.jpeg.5c63d4482b863ada845fae1aca5da083.jpeg

I know, it looks like one of those blurry Bigfoot photos.  I was surprised anything showed up, because it was dark and we were finally moving at 70.  

Now to catch up on all these posts. 

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Ok, so I won’t make light of our drive again. When I said this morning that it would be an easy 6 hour drive, or 9 hours with holiday traffic, I didn’t know how close I would be.  I mean, it was sunny, dry roads.  What could go wrong?   

I must say, this was the absolute worst traffic we have ever seen on our drives to Florida.  Ten hours, because South Carolina decided to turn I-95 into a parking lot.  I kept checking our vehicle trip statistics, and we were averaging 10mph on I-95.

I’ve said it here before a few times, I-95 in SC is the absolute worst. Two lanes aren’t enough when there’s traffic, which is often the case. Holidays can be horrendous. Seeing those extra lanes in Georgia is such a huge relief. Glad that you finally made it. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Rubber neckers had to stop and look, every time they saw one of these, so that slowed things even more. 

0B623914-8E5B-4A31-B589-E5B827B87734.thumb.jpeg.f690d8133ba8a88bca4b8f375b1251e9.jpeg

Once we finally got to Georgia, traffic moved better.  

Unlike Pennsylvania, where we have a lot of deer along the highway, we always see those wild Georgia pigs along theirs. 

8248A2F8-E747-4254-9F56-084172810796.thumb.jpeg.5c63d4482b863ada845fae1aca5da083.jpeg

I know, it looks like one of those blurry Bigfoot photos.  I was surprised anything showed up, because it was dark and we were finally moving at 70.  

Now to catch up on all these posts. 

South Carolina is the Worst highway along the I-95 Corridor heading South.  We lose most of our time driving through that State.  Sorry your trip took so much longer than you had hoped for.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I’ve said it here before a few times, I-95 in SC is the absolute worst. Two lanes aren’t enough when there’s traffic, which is often the case. Holidays can be horrendous. Seeing those extra lanes in Georgia is such a huge relief. Glad that you finally made it. 

Totally agree with all of the above, Bob!  I'm not looking forward to traveling through there next week.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

My favorite too.

I moved to an aft balcony on the Jewel, deck 8 when it became available two days ago. Was on deck 9, now on deck 8 aft. On the Anthem, staying put with deck 6 hump balcony.

One of my all time favorite suites was on sister ship Brilliance we had a corner aft suite # 1600 on our 12 day Mediterranean cruise to celebrate our 25th anniversary  6 years ago . 

• Like 4