Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 46°F and raining here.

I'm eating my Breakfast porridge watching Judge Judy on TV.

I hope everyone has an uneventful and safe weekend.

Graham.

It is 2:30 am here , and I have had too much to drink.....Wishing you all well! 🍷

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Kitchen looks great @Jimbo.  Now you need to have a big party. Let us know the date and time 😉

We are thinking possibly a Super Bowl Party with some of our neighbors.

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very Nice!!!!

What's the first meal to christen the kichen?

Curious, how do the bricks feel with barefeet?

I think tonight we are going to try a Meat loaf recipe for the Microwave/Oven book that came with it.

Stove is so pretty we don't want to get it dirty.  lol

20230114_070444.jpg

20230114_070450.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 10

57 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We are thinking possibly a Super Bowl Party with some of our neighbors.

I think tonight we are going to try a Meat loaf recipe for the Microwave/Oven book that came with it.

Stove is so pretty we don't want to get it dirty.  lol

20230114_070444.jpg

20230114_070450.jpg

Meatloaf sounds good.    I hear ya, I would want to keep nice shiny new look forever but at the same time I would enjoy giving it a whirl.    I cannot wait to redo my kitchen and get a new stove and cooktop.    

You were very fortunate to have the extra kitchen in your lower level.    My fear is it would take forever and we would spend a fortunate on take out / eating out while kitchen remodel would take place.    Don't want to dip in my vacation / cruise budgets 😁

I am playing with my new toy this morning.    I bought myself a new HP laptop with some of my Christmas / year-end bonus from work and it arrived at Bestbuy last night for pickup.

Still in process of setting up but so far I like it.   Will probably take a bit to get used to the feel of the new keyboard.    

My next new toy to arrive later today is a new Calphalon Premier pot and pan set.    

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 9

It's a  nice sunny morning here is south Florida, little breezy , 42F.  Turned the heat on last night. One thing about the cool weather here, in a day or two it will be much warmer again. Anybody cruising today or tomorrow  will need to dress warm.   WE go next Saturday, it is supposed to  be much warmer.

• Like 5

@JimboMission accomplished on the kitchen renovation!

You and your wife must be pleased with the new kitchen.

After doing two kitchen renos- one at our house and one in a FL condo, I do realize that such  a project requires much thought and patience.

Doing such a project in Covid times with supply chain issues requires even more patience !

Two questions-

Did you use a kitchen designer to help you with choosing all the parts of the kitchen?

You mentioned sealing the brick floor- what is recommended for cleaning it ?

Wishing you many enjoyable meals and happy occasions in your new kitchen!

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

It's a  nice sunny morning here is south Florida, little breezy , 42F.  Turned the heat on last night. One thing about the cool weather here, in a day or two it will be much warmer again. Anybody cruising today or tomorrow  will need to dress warm.   WE go next Saturday, it is supposed to  be much warmer.

It’s cold. I leave tomorrow and it’s going to be even colder. 🥶

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Woke up here in NE Florida to 38F.  Brrrrrr.  I'm definitely Florida soft now.  It will be back in the 70s by Tuesday.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just watched the latest episode of Below Deck. These were the worst charter guests I’ve ever seen. Hilarious to watch these idiots smoke cigars backwards. I’ve never smoked a cigar in my life but know what end is what. What a S#%t show that was?

Totally obnoxious people. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 46°F and raining here.

I'm eating my Breakfast porridge watching Judge Judy on TV.

I hope everyone has an uneventful and safe weekend.

Graham.

I can't stand Judge Judy. It seems to me that she is always talking down to people. Yes, I can understand getting frustrated at times but when you are the educated one you should handle things better. If you want to be treated with respect you should show some back. 

OK, done with my little rant. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can't stand Judge Judy. It seems to me that she is always talking down to people. Yes, I can understand getting frustrated at times but when you are the educated one you should handle things better. If you want to be treated with respect you should show some back. 

I agree, sometimes she is harsh unfairly to the plaintiffs.

• Like 2

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

Yes. Looking forward to it since it seems like forever since I’ve been on a ship. Harmony is a new one for us.

How many weeks are you doing? Will you be getting off on the 29th? Maybe Harmony and Odessey will be passing each other sometime during the night of the 28th - 29th.

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How many weeks are you doing? Will you be getting off on the 29th? Maybe Harmony and Odessey will be passing each other sometime during the night of the 28th - 29th.

A b2b of a 6 day and an 8 day. I’m solo tomorrow, but Mike joins me on the 21st and we do get off on the 29th. We’ll send a hello signal as we pass thur the night. If you see any flashing lights that’s us. 🖐 😃

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You were very fortunate to have the extra kitchen in your lower level.    My fear is it would take forever and we would spend a fortunate on take out / eating out while kitchen remodel would take place.    Don't want to dip in my vacation / cruise budgets 

We redid our kitchen back in 2009, they started right after labor day and we were back in before Thanksgiving.  We doubled the size so it even included an addition.  We were very happy with our contractor and the end product so it is possible just ask lots of questions before picking a contractor.  We cooked in a toaster oven, microwave and grill during construction, not fun but doable.  I so miss that kitchen, ours here in SC is much smaller and not as functional, still tweaking it.

A few pics from my redone NJ kitchen.  The original kitchen stopped about at the cook top.

Screenshot_20221123_095653_Zillow.thumb.jpg.32fe4d9ad293165bceb0d705ab01b78a.jpg

Screenshot_20221123_095914_Zillow.thumb.jpg.faeb7274386264738f811402be428251.jpg

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Meatloaf sounds good.    I hear ya, I would want to keep nice shiny new look forever but at the same time I would enjoy giving it a whirl.    I cannot wait to redo my kitchen and get a new stove and cooktop.    

You were very fortunate to have the extra kitchen in your lower level.    My fear is it would take forever and we would spend a fortunate on take out / eating out while kitchen remodel would take place.    Don't want to dip in my vacation / cruise budgets 😁

I am playing with my new toy this morning.    I bought myself a new HP laptop with some of my Christmas / year-end bonus from work and it arrived at Bestbuy last night for pickup.

Still in process of setting up but so far I like it.   Will probably take a bit to get used to the feel of the new keyboard.    

My next new toy to arrive later today is a new Calphalon Premier pot and pan set.    

Good Luck with your Lap Top..........I need a new one soon too, Mine is getting very slow.......

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

A b2b of a 6 day and an 8 day. I’m solo tomorrow, but Mike joins me on the 21st and we do get off on the 29th. We’ll send a hello signal as we pass thur the night. If you see any flashing lights that’s us. 🖐 😃

If I can get my hands on the button for the ship's horn I'll be saluting right back at you. 😊

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, akcruz said:

We redid our kitchen back in 2009, they started right after labor day and we were back in before Thanksgiving.  We doubled the size so it even included an addition.  We were very happy with our contractor and the end product so it is possible just ask lots of questions before picking a contractor.  We cooked in a toaster oven, microwave and grill during construction, not fun but doable.  I so miss that kitchen, ours here in SC is much smaller and not as functional, still tweaking it.

A few pics from my redone NJ kitchen.  The original kitchen stopped about at the cook top.

Screenshot_20221123_095653_Zillow.thumb.jpg.32fe4d9ad293165bceb0d705ab01b78a.jpg

Screenshot_20221123_095914_Zillow.thumb.jpg.faeb7274386264738f811402be428251.jpg

Very Nice ! The Wine  chiller area you have, would have liked to have something like that to with ours but it probably would have had been wrapped around into our Dining room area cutting down the size of the dining area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Woke up here in NE Florida to 38F.  Brrrrrr.  I'm definitely Florida soft now.  It will be back in the 70s by Tuesday.

We will be in Orlando this Friday, Hope we don't get any mornings that cold  when we are in Florida.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

I

Gorgeous Kitchen.    I see why you would miss it!    

2009 was a much different world than nowadays with contractors and just about anything needed having delays in delivery.    I had contractor estimates and design ideas done end of 2019 and was ready to get it done early 2020 but then we all know what happened.    

I keep hesitating to get started on it due to all the problems I keep hearing from others.    I guess I would have to do it in the spring/summer or early fall so I could cook on the grill as much as possible.   Someday soon!!!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just watched the latest episode of Below Deck. These were the worst charter guests I’ve ever seen. Hilarious to watch these idiots smoke cigars backwards. I’ve never smoked a cigar in my life but know what end is what. What a S#%t show that was?

I watched BD last night and totally agree with you.     These guests are so obnoxious and rude. 

Although I will say, that beach was horrible!!.    It was more like a park where locals went to party or walk dogs.    Definitely not somewhere I would expect to visit on a super yacht.   No idea why they went there when there are so many other beautiful beaches in St. Lucia.    

• Like 3