Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We have Park Hopper Tickets, my Wife plans all the days for us, so no idea what parks we will be at on which days.

We have 4 day park hopper tickets for WDW that we purchased around 2004, with no expiration date. I don't know when we will use them, but we will, eventually. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My DD gave me a jalapeños corer for Christmas.  I tried it for the 1st time tonight.  It helped speed things up.  

Yes, they were good. 

20230115_203944.thumb.jpg.575f4d6414a3f3a6b0b4acafd585fffd.jpg

Look fantastic! I love jalapeño cheese poppers.

15 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So we are the proud owners of 2 unique radios. 

This one in our finished basement. From great grans house. 

63F01A37-215B-4378-BE6C-8B858D0F97F7.thumb.jpeg.2567dd644c26ad5f558516fd2bcb9130.jpeg

And this one in our half bath off kitchen. It was made from a kit in the late 70’s 

D33737BF-AE03-4A15-B512-5A1487991FDB.thumb.jpeg.4cce931b9319e3d67132aa17be77f5a1.jpeg

Yesterday on our way home from Akron we stopped at an antique store near Ravenna and it was the first time we ever went to one. 
Besides tons of junk, and over prices “ relics” we walked around for 2 hours. I cannot believe how many items looked familiar from family homes. 

As we walked the DH found a model car of a 66 GTO. Well sticker shock $125. But it was gold. I saw it at a different time because we went our separate different paths. Me in house stuff. Him in car stuff. 

So as when we catch up he goes “ did you see the…….”  I finished his statement. “….GTO”

I go if you want it get it. 
He goes it’s $125

So we go back to that area and I tell him to look through the display and see if there’s another in black. 
He finds another gold. Same package. But the price was $65. 
So now we are scrutinizing both packages. And they are identical. 

A521FC06-7003-4D20-8572-5073ABA2113F.thumb.jpeg.8e613d49155ee939c1320e83e74bfe53.jpeg

So we check out and that day there was a 10% discount on it. 

Now we have to find a way to paint it black without ruining it. 

I found a serving dish on a platter for $19. 

CABBC711-8828-49A7-B895-7ECE4ECA2629.thumb.jpeg.60f834727ec8eb5c538b4c7b7c6476de.jpeg

8EA067F4-4ADC-4EDE-94FA-FBB22910191C.thumb.jpeg.17be6a7097aff6572ff5bf6599f176dc.jpeg

Yup. We will be going back. That store is massive. 

Tricks of the trade: Most antique stores will give a 10% discount on items-it depends on their policy. Some is anything over $10. sometimes over $20, etc. Depends on the shop. Just ask if they have a shop discount.  (Note that it does not include items that are firm, on sale or marked down.)

You can also try to make an offer and they'll call the dealer. Sometimes I'll take an offer of 20-30% off, depending on how long I've had it. 

Nice tray!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We are not driving, we are flying into Sanford(SFB) Airport on the 20th . We will be at the Parks on the 21st - 25th...., We have Park Hopper Tickets, my Wife plans all the days for us, so no idea what parks we will be at on which days.

Then off to Bradenton from the 26th - 29th staying with relatives.

Sanford is much calmer to fly into. Have a safe flight.

Planning the parks is a big task now 😁. I thought you would have the annual pass. We did not get it (when it was available) because we would not have been able to use it to its fullest......like Royal's drink package . LOL!🤣

We will be in the area till mid march when we go on our cruise. I have been long theme parked out but we enjoy going once in a while if daughter has a pass . We do frequent Disney Springs. We like the restaurants there and I like the stores there, even if it is just to window shop or browse for some entertainment.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Welcome home.   That's great you had a wonderful cruise on Anthem.   I love the January itineraries and really miss not cruising this month.   

This thing called work, new job, and not being able to hop on a cruise whenever we wanted is the worst part. 

I miss the days of working online no matter where was I was.  

Laundry doesn't bother me as much as having to cook after returning home.   Have fun😀

Thanks Debbie.

Hope things are great with you and all yours. Finally re packed and ready to drive to FL this afternoon.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The problem is that both of my feet get numb at the same time and as good as the Walker is it does not help me that much .

The past few days I have been in a lot of pain and my grand dog appeared to sense that because he curled up next to me and did not leave my side except when he had to go to the “bathroom.”

Lenny I hope you feel better. I may not post it but think of you (and all others who have obstacles big and small) often and send good wishes all your ways.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The BIC’s were the biggest tower speakers they made

My brother had a pair of these - pretty sure he got them through an Army Px after being in 'Nam. https://audio-database.com/CORAL/speaker/bx-1200.html   Great speakers also. This is what inspired me to buy a multi-speaker system. Of course, we're talking WAY before internet came along so I used to subscribe to "Stereo Review"  magazine. Probably found out about the BICs that way. I remember ordering the Kenwood, speakers, and turntable through an outfit called Illinois Audio. Still have the boxes the BICs came in- they make great storage...to hold other boxes! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Sanford is much calmer to fly into. Have a safe flight.

Planning the parks is a big task now 😁. I thought you would have the annual pass. We did not get it (when it was available) because we would not have been able to use it to its fullest......like Royal's drink package . LOL!🤣

We will be in the area till mid march when we go on our cruise. I have been long theme parked out but we enjoy going once in a while if daughter has a pass . We do frequent Disney Springs. We like the restaurants there and I like the stores there, even if it is just to window shop or browse for some entertainment.

This will be our first time flying into Sanford, have an Airport here in Virginia about an hour from us that flys there direct. So thought we would give it a try.

We used to have timeshares at Disney , but sold all them. We had some Disney Credit we used for buying tickets. This might be one of the last time we go there though.  When we had the time shares we used to go 2 or 3 times a year.

Should take us about an hour from Sanford to get to the resort we are staying at. So the drive will be about 10 or 15 minutes longer then to flying into MCO.

We are staying at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. First time there for us to.

Time shares were at Old Key West on property and Orange Lake off property.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This will be our first time flying into Sanford, have an Airport here in Virginia about an hour from us that flys there direct. So thought we would give it a try.

We used to have timeshares at Disney , but sold all them. We had some Disney Credit we used for buying tickets. This might be one of the last time we go there though.  When we had the time shares we used to go 2 or 3 times a year.

Should take us about an hour from Sanford to get to the resort we are staying at. So the drive will be about 10 or 15 minutes longer then to flying into MCO.

Bonnet Creek is beautiful. I have stayed at the Hilton property and Waldorf there and enjoyed it.  Have heard great things about that Wyndham but never had an opportubnity to stay at that one. Enjoy! And post some pics whenever you can.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Still have the boxes the BICs came in- they make great storage...to hold other boxes! 

I did still have my boxes they came in, and used them for storage in my attic.  Just got rid of them a couple years ago when I cleaned out my attic.  Now, about the only thing stored there are different holiday decorations.  

Of course, organized pack rat that I am, I have all the original manuals filed away in pristine condition.  It is interesting that they all came with internal electric diagrams.  

6614A70B-0454-4A02-A19D-A52697C634AC.thumb.jpeg.d90b33ad2d7ba62fee7a45f01423f7d3.jpeg

You can see the relative size of the 5’s, 6’s, and 7’s in the one photo. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Lenny I hope you feel better. I may not post it but think of you (and all others who have obstacles big and small) often and send good wishes all your ways.

Thanks,Arzeena .I have friends of many religions who pray for me every day .I believe this has helped to some degree because when I was 75 my family made me a Celebration of Life party .I did not expect to be on the planet much longer .I am still here and trying to have a positive outlook.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I did still have my boxes they came in, and used them for storage in my attic.  Just got rid of them a couple years ago when I cleaned out my attic.  Now, about the only thing stored there are different holiday decorations.  

Of course, organized pack rat that I am, I have all the original manuals filed away in pristine condition.  It is interesting that they all came with internal electric diagrams.  

6614A70B-0454-4A02-A19D-A52697C634AC.thumb.jpeg.d90b33ad2d7ba62fee7a45f01423f7d3.jpeg

You can see the relative size of the 5’s, 6’s, and 7’s in the one photo. 

I save all my manuals too. I'll have to take some pics of everything I got speaker and Hi-Fi wise. It's a lot.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

BIL used to fly from Roanoke to Stanford.

Alegent I think. Not a fan.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1