Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

24 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby and I are celebrating our 56th.anniversary today.

Although we had our first date 58 years ago we worked for the same company 61 years ago but never met.She worked on the third floor and I worked on the second floor.

To you and Toby, 

Happy Anniversary 1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We have sold all our timeshares we had in the Disney area. This may be our very last trip to Disney ever my wife  is not happy with all the changes and the price of tickets have  just sky rocketed and are out of hand and now having to pay even more for Disney Genie + and Lightning Lanes it's just crazy.

This week is kind of our farewell to the parks. 😞

It is crazy high these days.  I just priced up a 5 day pass with hopper option and was just under $1500 for 2 people 10+ yrs. old.      That didn't include Genie+ with Lightning Lanes.    That doesn't even include food and hotel.   

I'm sure the price of food in the parks have gone up too     

I don't know how families can afford to go to these parks nowadays.   

We thought it was expensive when we took our boys years ago.    The last time we went to Disney World, just the 2 of us, was in April/May 2018 and I think we paid something like $90 pp/per day with the hopper option.    

• Like 7

1 minute ago, derorim said:

Do you think the bathroom scale is trying to tell me something?  Actually, it exploded while no one was around.  I guess that's better than happening while someone was standing on it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a04f10d470dac3df96b0c0f17b852840.jpeg

OMG, I have never seen a scale do that.    Any idea why?     Thankful noone was injured.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OMG, I have never seen a scale do that.    Any idea why?     Thankful noone was injured.

From what I've read, the tempered glass could have been chipped or scratched at some point, and eventually shattered.  Maybe the heated tile floor contributed to the instability?  We had the scale for over two years.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

A very Happy Anniversary to you and Toby!

We took a combined Disney World/Cruise 31 year ago.  4 day cruise, 3 day Disney, entrance fee included.  Rate at that time was $39 per day and we thought that was high!  Today, the rates are as follows:

• 1-day tickets range from $109 - $189. Price varies based on park and date selected.

Might need to buy some of Disney stock this week

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Although we had our first date 58 years ago we worked for the same company 61 years ago but never met.She worked on the third floor and I worked on the second floor.

Happiest of Anniversaries wished to you and Toby! Congratulations and cheers to you today!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy Anniversary 💖🥂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We just got new phones the week of Christmas.  Getting a new phone is like car shopping.  The wait is forever.  We waited for an hour just to be helped with only 2 others in the store.  Then it took another 90 minutes to upload the phones.  We got Verizon’s screen cover for $30 each.  DH dropped his phone 2 days later and the screen cover cracked and fell off.  I don’t think it was put on right or was defective.  Nope no replacement for free. What a waste of time and money.  

I do like my pretty purple phone, Samsung 22.  I like the tech 21 boxes.  In 10 years and 3 phones they have not failed me.  Just don’t buy Verizon’s screen covers.  

Getting into your phone accounts is like Fort Knox.  I feel for the poor Turkish lady.  

I can’t access mail on our desktop. When I was on it every day, we were AT&T. We switched everything to Comcast Infinity right before COVID.
Kept my AT&T email address. But stopped using the desk top. 
I have done everything on my iPhone for three years. 
Needed to do something on the desktop, and finally got in, but can’t get into email. 
The security questions only have one possible answer, and they get rejected. 
I have no other answer for first car and street I grew up on. 
My email is Yahoo. I don’t know if Comcast can get me into it on the desktop, but since I have no problem (knock on wood) on my phone, I don’t have to worry about it. 
I am so computer illiterate, I can’t even explain it well. I can live in ignorance, except  I can’t print things from emails, and that bugs me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

We took a combined Disney World/Cruise 31 year ago.  4 day cruise, 3 day Disney, entrance fee included.  Rate at that time was $39 per day and we thought that was high!  

We did something similar for our honeymoon in 1980.  Did a seven day cruise on the SS Norway, then time at Disney after the cruise.  Don’t remember how much it was then, because it was all part of a package deal I had my TA work out. 

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is crazy high these days.  I just priced up a 5 day pass with hopper option and was just under $1500 for 2 people 10+ yrs. old.      That didn't include Genie+ with Lightning Lanes.    That doesn't even include food and hotel.   

I'm sure the price of food in the parks have gone up too     

I don't know how families can afford to go to these parks nowadays.   

We thought it was expensive when we took our boys years ago.    The last time we went to Disney World, just the 2 of us, was in April/May 2018 and I think we paid something like $90 pp/per day with the hopper option.    

December, 1973, was my first trip to Disney. Worked it in as part of a road trip to the Orange Bowl with a couple of my fraternity brothers.  Evidently, it cost $5.75 then, or at least that is what I wrote to my mother. 

1EA643F9-9E86-476F-B59B-386FCC71F960.thumb.jpeg.6dcea07b7798863066a75e5a946c4a87.jpeg

We took my new car (bought with my liquor, or was it Lipitor concession funds), because it was the most reliable.  This is me in the middle in the IC shirt. 

DBA85D01-3D3E-4AE2-9604-9C418AC3F0CD.thumb.jpeg.b94bdf903f22f25054ed08c82390c4be.jpeg

Yes, I know, that car was one of a couple bad decisions over the years.  We traveled very cheaply.  

098F8DFD-F792-4E5C-BA36-44DE566E4547.thumb.jpeg.e6473891a8dfae4fc8c21c64d0cd61df.jpeg

Yes, that is one of Florida’s fine beaches.  Maybe we’re we’re pioneering homelessness, because it took a few days for the police to run us out of this site. 

• Like 22

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes,you still have to wait until,I think it's 2pm.

We had a Lightning Lane for Splash Mountain at 5:45 we wanted to get in today. When got there around 5:15 the ride went down so we couldn't get it in tonight,we did get the Pirates of Caribbean and the Haunted House in.

Then we left a little after 7pm ,just before people were lining up and getting in place for the Fireworks show on the castle.

Wanted to get back to our room at Bonnet  Creek to watch the Philadelphia  Eagles playoff game.

20230121_182130.jpg

20230121_184917.jpg

no I

20230121_184923.jpg

I hope your Bonnet Creek unit was on the side that faces the parks. Fun to see the fireworks in comfort!

• Like 2