Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, 5 Day Park Hopper.

Do you still have to wait until 2:30pm before you hop?  We had a season pass when everything shut down.  After the start up they did not allow the hopper.  Then when they started to let you hop they said you had to wait until 2:30pm.  I think it was to control the numbers in each park. 

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Do you still have to wait until 2:30pm before you hop?  We had a season pass when everything shut down.  After the start up they did not allow the hopper.  Then when they started to let you hop they said you had to wait until 2:30pm.  I think it was to control the numbers in each park. 

Yes,you still have to wait until,I think it's 2pm.

We had a Lightning Lane for Splash Mountain at 5:45 we wanted to get in today. When got there around 5:15 the ride went down so we couldn't get it in tonight,we did get the Pirates of Caribbean and the Haunted House in.

Then we left a little after 7pm ,just before people were lining up and getting in place for the Fireworks show on the castle.

Wanted to get back to our room at Bonnet  Creek to watch the Philadelphia  Eagles playoff game.

20230121_182130.jpg

20230121_184917.jpg

no I

20230121_184923.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Yes,you still have to wait until,I think it's 2pm.

We had a Lightning Lane for Splash Mountain at 5:45 we wanted to get in today. When got there around 5:15 the ride went down so we couldn't get it in tonight,we did get the Pirates of Caribbean and the Haunted House in.

Then we left a little after 7pm ,just before people were lining up and getting in place for the Fireworks show on the castle.

Wanted to get back to our room at Bonnet  Creek to watch the Philadelphia  Eagles playoff game.

20230121_182130.jpg

20230121_184917.jpg

no I

20230121_184923.jpg

Looks so beautiful at night, all lit up.  Any long lines?  Continue to enjoy.

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I usually don't watch much of the NFL but the Jags VS Chiefs has been a good game. 

That game about gave me a heart attack!

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

For @Sea Dog

20230121_174712.jpg

20230121_174844.jpg

20230121_175027.jpg

20230121_175123.jpg

20230121_175147.jpg

Thank you! I love those pics as it brings back so many great memories. I love that ride.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

@Jimbo

A few years back we did the Keys to the Kingdom, behind the scenes tour of Magic Kingdom.

It was unbelievable to see what really the imagineers had to conquer and the underground tunnels.

You should try to do it.

Stay safe

We did the Keys to the Kingdom like 5 or 6 years ago. It was very neat to see so much underground.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Looks so beautiful at night, all lit up.  Any long lines?  Continue to enjoy.

Longest line we stood in was about 30 minutes,there was some rides 80 to 90 minutes but we got Lightning Lanes for those rides so it won't so bad for us.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

@Jimbo

A few years back we did the Keys to the Kingdom, behind the scenes tour of Magic Kingdom.

It was unbelievable to see what really the imagineers had to conquer and the underground tunnels.

You should try to do it.

Stay safe

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We did the Keys to the Kingdom like 5 or 6 years ago. It was very neat to see so much underground.

I remember reading somewhere that the tunnels aren't really underground but rather at ground level.  The entire park is raised above ground.  I'd love to take that tour.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

@Jimbo

You should try to do it.

Stay safe

We had a plaid for a day at Disney. They picked us up at our hotel and we went to 4 parks, and hit all the top rides by 4pm.  We were beat but it was worth it. We accessed each park from behind the cast member gates, parked in their lots and saw a lot of the behind the scenes magic. Photos behind the gates in the secure areas were not allowed but I’ll never forget the experience.

I’ll have to look up the Keys to the Kingdom tour for next time we go. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon from a freezing 32°F North East coast of England.

We had a lovely church service this morning.

I took this photo as we were entering our church.

I hope everyone is well and having a great day.

IMG_20230122_100045.jpg

That is a great looking old church.  When was it built?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’ll have to look up the Keys to the Kingdom tour for next time we go

I think everyone has to be 16 or up to do that, because you may encounter characters in partial dress.  

I think it has been referred to as “Murder the magic”, because people may be carrying character’s heads around.  I guess they do not want to traumatize young ones. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

Hey @Ozark_Kid, is the plan still to meet in the Schooner Bar after you board?  

When we board we will first go to Giovanni's to book our reservations for the week. Meeting at Schooners is a good. Plan.  Not sure how long it will take to board then book.  I will try to let you know when we get there.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I remember reading somewhere that the tunnels aren't really underground but rather at ground level.  The entire park is raised above ground.  I'd love to take that tour.

Yes.

Do to the original pre development of Magic Kingdom, and working on a swamp, tons of whatever (I cannot remember what the guide said)  was brought in to make the area less likely to sink.  They kept adding whatever and raised it well above a level they anticipated could sink and  would last for years.  The basement underground as you mentioned is not underground for the area, but "Under" the Magic Kingdom.  So it is really the first and second level, and everything else is above.

That is why if you recall you walk up hill after the security check bag area and are on a higher level to go through the finger/band entrance (Or paper ticket).

I miss Disney in Florida, but the prices are really going to new heights.

We probably will not go back till next year.

Thanks for sharing your post.

Take care

Mama Lions

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Yes.

Do to the original pre development of Magic Kingdom, and working on a swamp, tons of whatever (I cannot remember what the guide said)  was brought in to make the area less likely to sink.  They kept adding whatever and raised it well above a level they anticipated could sink and  would last for years.  The basement underground as you mentioned is not underground for the area, but "Under" the Magic Kingdom.  So it is really the first and second level, and everything else is above.

That is why if you recall you walk up hill after the security check bag area and are on a higher level to go through the finger/band entrance (Or paper ticket).

I miss Disney in Florida, but the prices are really going to new heights.

We probably will not go back till next year.

Thanks for sharing your post.

. My wife is not happy with all the changes going on and the price of tickets has now got out of hand

Take care

Mama Lions

We have sold all our timeshares we had in the Disney area. This may be our very last trip to Disney ever my wife  is not happy with all the changes and the price of tickets have  just sky rocketed and are out of hand and now having to pay even more for Disney Genie + and Lightning Lanes it's just crazy.

This week is kind of our farewell to the parks. 😞

• Like 7

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon from a freezing 32°F North East coast of England.

We had a lovely church service this morning.

I took this photo as we were entering our church.

I hope everyone is well and having a great day.

IMG_20230122_100045.jpg

What a beautiful church that is Graham!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When we board we will first go to Giovanni's to book our reservations for the week. Meeting at Schooners is a good. Plan.  Not sure how long it will take to board then book.  I will try to let you know when we get there.  

No need to let me know unless something changes.  I'll just hang out there with my Kindle until I go to the Consecutive Cruisers lunch.  I'll be way at the front, near the bar.  Just look for the short fat broad with big frizzy hair!

Sounds like they're having issues with debarkation... hope they hurry up and get everyone off the ship so you can get on!

• Like 4