Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I guess they told you how Walt Disney’s undercover operators were able to buy all of the property he had picked out from flying over it. Except the parcel Bonnet Creek Resort is on. 
That’s why they only have a little sign on the main road, different from all the Disney resort signs. 

Not sure how they didn't get Bonnet Creek,since it's such a large area...Missed a great location really close to the parks.

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Bonnie:When you were a kid did you go with your parents to Rye Beach Playland as I did ?

Yes we did!  We would take a boat from lower Manhattan to Rye Playland.  It was always the highlight of the summer.

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Great pictures ‘through the years’.  I love photos that recreate events or memories.  This is one we did in 2021.  The girls have talked about recreating some from their childhood.  You’ve inspired me now to go through our old pictures and choose a few to do so on our next family trip in August. 

59A659BD-37C1-40B0-BE03-53618D33B4D1.thumb.jpeg.fb281e0c675d6f9cf9dc67d71f705c01.jpeg

Beautiful family!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My first one besides our local beach boardwalk was Palisades. The view of Manhattan was amazing. 
I guess it’s all condos now. 

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Technically my first was Coney Island but as far as what one refers to as an Amusement Park was Rye Beach ,Playland in 1949.I Romberg going to Palisades Park in the 50’s

Our "go to" amusement park was Coney Island's Steeplechase Park.  Every Summer, sometimes 2 or 3 times.  I remember watching my parents go up on the Parachute drop.  Many memories of my siblings and myself riding the steeplechase horses, and running from the clowns across the stage..

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Love this! So much fun to these.

Greg, how wonderful that you made the day for families by sharing your extra Disney tickets.  We've "paid it forward" by paying for a family's Christmas tree on occasion..

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Yes we did!  We would take a boat from lower Manhattan to Rye Playland.  It was always the highlight of the summer.

We used to take the Brooklyn Ferry from Staten Island to get to Coney Island every Summer!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Our "go to" amusement park was Coney Island's Steeplechase Park.  Every Summer, sometimes 2 or 3 times.  I remember watching my parents go up on the Parachute drop.  Many memories of my siblings and myself riding the steeplechase horses, and running from the clowns across the stage..

Greg, how wonderful that you made the day for families by sharing your extra Disney tickets.  We've "paid it forward" by paying for a family's Christmas tree on occasion..

Coney Island a steeplechase was amazing when I was young in the 50’s .

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

@Ocean Boy Have you seen the video Below Deck put out today with highlights for the rest of the season?  Looks interesting!  Definitely contains some spoilers, so viewer beware!

https://www.bravotv.com/below-deck/season-10/videos/still-to-come-on-season-10-of-below-deck

It does look interesting! Thanks! 

• Like 1

@Sea Dog and @Ocean Boy I thought I’d tag you both in this post. Greg, because it is in your backyard and OB for your love of aviation. 

Someone in one of my car groups posted this, in KC, Missouri off Ward Parkway.  It’s a Concord nose cone from an actual jet.  Owner says he wants to be buried in it. 

E0AB87F7-FD26-4547-983E-30778704F1F5.jpeg.b05ea32fbfd5e5ba17d37d80b34d1fb0.jpeg

History of plane. 

9C7E5D8B-F58F-4393-8B1C-DBA31B46DFF7.thumb.png.32213d4f2e644d857887b053c7aeeb70.png

Newspaper story. 

https://flatlandkc.org/curiouskc/question-everything/questions-answered/whats-behind-the-plane-behind-the-house-off-ward-parkway/

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

We've "paid it forward" by paying for a family's Christmas tree on occasion..

Wow what a great idea. I may do that next year that would be fun.

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Sea Dog and @Ocean Boy I thought I’d tag you both in this post. Greg, because it is in your backyard and OB for your love of aviation. 

Someone in one of my car groups posted this, in KC, Missouri off Ward Parkway.  It’s a Concord nose cone from an actual jet.  Owner says he wants to be buried in it. 

E0AB87F7-FD26-4547-983E-30778704F1F5.jpeg.b05ea32fbfd5e5ba17d37d80b34d1fb0.jpeg

History of plane. 

9C7E5D8B-F58F-4393-8B1C-DBA31B46DFF7.thumb.png.32213d4f2e644d857887b053c7aeeb70.png

Newspaper story. 

https://flatlandkc.org/curiouskc/question-everything/questions-answered/whats-behind-the-plane-behind-the-house-off-ward-parkway/

I had no idea! I’ll have to drive by and take a look. Kinda cool. Going to have to dig a big hole for that one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Oh yes, I remember Steeplechase Park/Coney Island/Brighton Beach Bay 3.  I remember the bumper cars.  I was too afraid to go on the parachute drop.  A stop at Nathan's for a a hot dog and fries was essential!

My favorite amusement park was Palisades Park in NJ.  Oh the memories as a young teen.....sigh.

• Like 4