Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

35 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We did something similar for our honeymoon in 1980.  Did a seven day cruise on the SS Norway, then time at Disney after the cruise.  Don’t remember how much it was then, because it was all part of a package deal I had my TA work out. 

December, 1973, was my first trip to Disney. Worked it in as part of a road trip to the Orange Bowl with a couple of my fraternity brothers.  Evidently, it cost $5.75 then, or at least that is what I wrote to my mother. 

1EA643F9-9E86-476F-B59B-386FCC71F960.thumb.jpeg.6dcea07b7798863066a75e5a946c4a87.jpeg

We took my new car (bought with my liquor, or was it Lipitor concession funds), because it was the most reliable.  This is me in the middle in the IC shirt. 

DBA85D01-3D3E-4AE2-9604-9C418AC3F0CD.thumb.jpeg.b94bdf903f22f25054ed08c82390c4be.jpeg

Yes, I know, that car was one of a couple bad decisions over the years.  We traveled very cheaply.  

098F8DFD-F792-4E5C-BA36-44DE566E4547.thumb.jpeg.e6473891a8dfae4fc8c21c64d0cd61df.jpeg

Yes, that is one of Florida’s fine beaches.  Maybe we’re we’re pioneering homelessness, because it took a few days for the police to run us out of this site. 

My first 7 day cruise was Rotterdam in 1977 normal fare was 400 for week for inside cabin, i paid 600 since it was a solo cabin , I have cruised at least once every year since , now we do two a year , this was out of New York City, so short taxi to the pier.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Happy for you, sad for me!

Yes I know. After Mahones got hurt I thought there was no way they would win. I can say this, Trever Lawrence is going to continue to get better and grow. Things will be good in Jags country. Peterson is a great coach.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I know. After Mahones got hurt I thought there was no way they would win. I can say this, Trever Lawrence is going to continue to get better and grow. Things will be good in Jags country. Peterson is a great coach.

Lots of really talented young QB’s in AFC

Mahones

Trever Lawrence

Joe Burrow

and of course Josh Allen 

tough betting against any of them 

• Like 1

Just home from biking. I know I've shown you all the house before but I thought I'd show you the gates that lead to paradise. 

My dear friend must not be here as none of her goons, I mean kindly gentlemen, are waving from the other side.... 

20230122_141101.thumb.jpg.938520feb83bab86b71e267dec218353.jpg

• Like 21
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just home from biking. I know I've shown you all the house before but I thought I'd show you the gates that lead to paradise. 

My dear friend must not be here as none of her goons, I mean kindly gentlemen, are waving from the other side.... 

20230122_141101.thumb.jpg.938520feb83bab86b71e267dec218353.jpg

I like the signs.

• Haha 2

Splash Mountain.......220 minute wait line.

We have a Lightning Lane pass for 4pm.

Here is a picture of the wait time  you never see again.

20230122_152825.jpg

20230122_152949.jpg

20230122_153120.jpg

20230122_152904.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It is crazy high these days.  I just priced up a 5 day pass with hopper option and was just under $1500 for 2 people 10+ yrs. old.      That didn't include Genie+ with Lightning Lanes.    That doesn't even include food and hotel.   

I'm sure the price of food in the parks have gone up too     

I don't know how families can afford to go to these parks nowadays.   

We thought it was expensive when we took our boys years ago.    The last time we went to Disney World, just the 2 of us, was in April/May 2018 and I think we paid something like $90 pp/per day with the hopper option.    

We paid about $1500 but we had $1300 worth of Disney Credit to use.so tickets cost us $200 out of pocket.....

Because of prices sad to say this will be our last time at Disney.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby and I are celebrating our 56th.anniversary today.

Although we had our first date 58 years ago we worked for the same company 61 years ago but never met.She worked on the third floor and I worked on the second floor.

Happy Anniversary to you and Toby!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We paid about $1500 but we had $1300 worth of Disney Credit to use.so tickets cost us $200 out of pocket.....

We’re going to Disney next month (and then a 4 day cruise, because we are going to be in Florida already … that was a mission creep moment…) We are doing much the same thing. The passes were bought years ago, and we’re staying in the DVC Boardwalk Villas, with a view to selling it.

We sort of feel that the changes might be too much, although we’re trying to have open minds. 

Unfortunately, our daughter now has a one year old, and Disney is starting to look appealing to her! 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We’ve had annual passes for several years now since we go multiple times per year. They’re expensive but we get a DVC member renewal discount and when divided up over a few trips it’s definitely worth it, to us anyway.  They’re currently not selling new annual passes, only renewals allowed. 

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I remember years ago when I went to Disney thinking how reasonably priced everything was. Times have changed. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@reallyitsmema

I don't know if it is -- "really" its me, ma.... or really its mema...

Anyhow, me, ma, mema -- we "really" miss your posts and are hoping you're doing lots of SBS2B3B cruises ☹️

Thanks, Dani.  🙂  I decided to take a step back from posting for a while, kind of like a dry January but giving up posting instead of alcohol. 😄 

We have no cruises booked for the first time in a very long time.  We have looked at a few but the prices are crazy and airfares are as bad.  I hope to book something soon if I can find a price and a cabin I like.

As far as the name, reallyitsmema, I used to play on an online gaming site under the name Itsme.  Not too creative with names, but it worked.  When I joined a different site, that name was taken so I tried Reallyitsme, which was also taken.  I added the MA for Massachusetts, which is where we live and Reallyitsmema was available.  Over the years, it has morphed into people calling me Mema because it is shorter to type.  

Thanks again for thinking of me.  Happy belated 50th anniversary to you and your husband!  I did see the wonderful pictures you posted of your trip. 🙂 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I have IOS16 on my 8Plus. 
This neat trick doesn’t work for me! 
Either my phone is too old, or I am!

I have an old iPhone 7 I keep with really basic low budget service so I can keep my Canadian number I have had since the 90's.  I just tried it on the same picture and it wouldn't work.  I imagine your phone is too old as well.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

My last trip to Disneyland was Jan. 2020.  I don't think we'll ever go back.  It has lost its value to me.  

• Like 7

We lucked out with avoiding Disney.  From the time the kids were 2 until they were 10 we would rent a condo in New Smyrna Beach every March break and do day trips, Disney, SeaWorld, Universal etc..we took the kids to Disney one year and then the next year asked if they wanted to go back and it was an emphatic No.  They wanted to go back to SeaWorld instead.  Disney was a one and done for us.  

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We lucked out with avoiding Disney.  From the time the kids were 2 until they were 10 we would rent a condo in New Smyrna Beach every March break and do day trips, Disney, SeaWorld, Universal etc..we took the kids to Disney one year and then the next year asked if they wanted to go back and it was an emphatic No.  They wanted to go back to SeaWorld instead.  Disney was a one and done for us.  

That saved you some money. I was blessed to work for a ABC affiliate. Since Disney owned ABC I could get Complimentary passes for all 3 times we took our son. I hear they don’t do that anymore.

• Like 5