Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

46 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Okay I'll play.  Tica has had a butt infection that has not cleared for months.  New vet put this on her so she can't access it.

1593173698_Ticacone2-17-21.jpg.da5aa1102eb4f8031f523d7c4d07eb3a.jpg

Oh no...the cone of shame!!  Always remember that movie with the super intelligent dogs, "Up".  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I should have already had my second shot of the vaccine this morning.  However, Pennsylvania’s screwup and the weather meant there were no shots for today, or for Monday when my wife is supposed to have her second.  I guess we are in the same boat as 2,000 other people in our area.  Hoping they get it in soon, and we get rescheduled before we have to start over again.

Hope it helps --

According to vaccine's news I'm avidly following, NOW it seems that the 1st shot gives you a very good immunity after 2 weeks. The researchers says that if the 2nd shot is a bit late, no harm done.

All this was reported following the harsh weather US is experiencing right now -- lots of people late for getting their 2nd shot.

37 minutes ago, singinalot said:

sitting in the Dallas airport and I’m probably jinxing myself but so far so good on this travel day. We did not get much sleep last night and I am feeling it today. We stayed at a Hampton Inn by the airport last night and people were coming and going all night, plus the planes flying around.... 

I texted our neighbor and let her know we can’t wait to pick up Sam in just a few hours. Usually texts me pictures of him when we’re gone and she hasn’t this time...🤔😩 I MISS MY DOG

B5DB8CC5-846F-4A3C-ACDF-C269778DAA8D.jpeg

FA79F68F-C488-4275-9BAB-586BD4B1ABB2.jpeg

E31CDA6E-A1B6-48FD-A589-EC22F2BADB52.png

We are less than 30 mins from both Dallas airports , hotels in are were full , read one wanted. 900 a night. Have not flown in a year can’t wait to travel and cruise again. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Hope it helps --

According to vaccine's news I'm avidly following, NOW it seems that the 1st shot gives you a very good immunity after 2 weeks. The researchers says that if the 2nd shot is a bit late, no harm done.

All this was reported following the harsh weather US is experiencing right now -- lots of people late for getting their 2nd shot.

Wasnt that specific to pfeizer?  Most of the mass vaccinations are moderna here.

My dad got the pfeizer at his doctors but mom and I got moderna. The news I heard was only about pfeizer and also it doesnt have to be stored as cold. 

1 minute ago, George C said:

We are less than 30 mins from both Dallas airports , hotels in are were full , read one wanted. 900 a night. Have not flown in a year can’t wait to travel and cruise again. 

I checked some hotels and there was one close to me for about $100 but it filled up while I thought if it would help. I saw some way out at dfw open. I think the ones full were downtown in high rises, that had generators. I checked thinking maybe my parents and saw quite a few with vacancies, but dont know they had generators. I think that story over reported. Just from what I saw.

34 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The news I heard was only about pfeizer and also it doesnt have to be stored as cold

Was this FDA approved yet?  If so, it will be a huge help.  They won't need as much dry ice for transportation and can therefore transport more at a time, and more places (who don't currently have the capability to keep the virus really cold) will be able to provide injections.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Wasnt that specific to pfeizer?  Most of the mass vaccinations are moderna here.

You're right, we have only Pfizer here.

BUT, since both companies used the same mRNA method and their results were similar (94%-95% efficiency), stands to reason that the researchers are right.

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Was this FDA approved yet?

Pfizer announced that the vaccines could be stored only -15C -- -20C and they will be as efficient as thought before.

This was announced 2 days ago, at the WE's start. I think that FDA hasn't had the time to approve yet.

Anyhow, excellent news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Pfizer announced that the vaccines could be stored only -15C -- -20C and they will be as efficient as thought before.

This was announced 2 days ago, at the WE's start. I think that FDA hasn't had the time to approve yet.

Anyhow, excellent news.

I think I heard it can be stored up to 2 weeks at 16 degrees warmer, I'm guessing F, so it's also great shipping news, it can be shipped easier. 

The PA (physicians asst) who gave my dad his 1st shot said more reactions with moderna, so he was lucky. His 2nd shot is supposed to be this wednesday. We are happy. He had no side effects with the 1st shot.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Was this FDA approved yet?  If so, it will be a huge help.  They won't need as much dry ice for transportation and can therefore transport more at a time, and more places (who don't currently have the capability to keep the virus really cold) will be able to provide injections.

I dont think any of the vaccines are FDA approved, just as emergency use. I still want to get it. 

Houston had a bunch of doses thaw during this past week and passed them out so they got used. Made me smile. Didnt let them go to waste. 

I'm glad this past week is behind me. NOW I get a letter from my city saying I'm not under a boil notice. Seems I wasnt the only one wondering, if your water is shut off, shouldn't you be under a boil notice. My city says no. Water is fine. 

Texas will get the whole 400k doses from last week delivered this next week plus what is due for next week. Double up time, better be ready.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Natives are rare here.  😉  

Funny how there are some rare types (not you!) that just love to knock how our state is run, etc...etc.  But where do they end up vacationing to and moving to?  😉 

It is not just Fla. It applies to many states I am sure.😀

5 hours ago, island lady said:

I am another one that adores Peanut Butter, and I even put it on my pancakes! (Thanks to the teachings of my Father that did the same thing 😄 ).   Bucky says "yuck" when I do that.  😉  

But Peanut butter (and Rodda peeps) on a Pizza.... noooooooo....nooooo!   😜

There is a restaurant in Manhattan that prepares every dis they serve with peanut butter.

I love peanut butter but I also eat cashew butter,almond butter and pistachio butter.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, George C said:

Many people left Brooklyn including you , I left about 40 years ago , my entire family is in different states including Florida. Amazing how Brooklyn real estate has gone crazy homes sell ing for 50k in 1970’s now go for a million or more , one of my only regrets was not buying a small apartment buildings for about 50k in the 70’s

My family is scattered all over the US too,Nevada,California,NJ and MA.

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I made 2 metal napkin holders in my wood/metal shop class in jr high.  I still have 1 of them that used in kids playroom in my basement.  I also  made wood bookends and a wall hanging, they got tossed years ago.

The only thing I still have from school shop class is a hammer.

• Like 1