Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We stayed 3 nights at the London Ritz 6 years ago for our 34th wedding anniversary.

It must have been quite an experience.

We stayed for 2 nights at the Intercontinental Hyde Park with points from the late Swissair a long time ago... First time ever for us to stay in such a fancy establishment.

What I remember vividly were the black cabbies "pulling out" dozens of the famous yellow Selfridges bags, in the company of head to foot covered Middle Eastern ladies...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I'm the oldest and I made life very difficult for my 3 sisters as they couldn't get away with anything because my parents were always suspicious, lecturing and questioning them because of all the trouble I got into. 🤣

My brother was an only child😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just working outside today as it is sunny and beautiful. Almost above freezing. Decided to burn a few truckloads of wood debris that has been sitting around since last fall cleanup. It definitely won’t spread with the wind,

especially with all the snow around it.

Hopefully in a couple months time will be putting branches from spring clean up in the spot. It was about 4 times this size in the beginning. 

6E5C3AF9-DEBE-43E8-8740-EF7D07866201.thumb.jpeg.cd301548121b8207139b06baf87e5ba3.jpeg

30DFD3E6-5750-4899-82B5-AE7A9D70C813.thumb.jpeg.39af002a8823255dec95df8588e1f467.jpeg

Someone even brought me a warm beverage. 

ADDB82FF-F960-43C0-A2E8-E04E78E254FC.thumb.jpeg.5b6c741098a8a471a3f037b232e62212.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I received email today the Chesterfield Hotel in Mayfair is reopening May 17th, if only I could go.  Beautiful hotel and restaurant.  We loved our stay at the Reubens 2 years ago but did stop in Chesterfield for dinner one night.

Israel established official diplomatic relations with Dubai (non official were ongoing for years).

Israelis are big fans of traveling abroad, and Dubai is a fascinating new destination.

Over the years, I kept reading about the 7* Burg al Arab hotel, and, when the kids asked what I would like for my 70 b'day (on top of an unused gift for DH, courtesy of Covid, which was 70 in 2020), I said that I would like a night at this hotel (I knew it starts at 1500$ room only....).

Now, with the surge of Covid, our airport is closed, except for humanitarian cases.

May be in another time... or era 😢

• Like 4

20 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Is that Bucky with coffee in hand. His expression says I need coffee. Beautiful view.

Yes, good hot strong coffee!!  😉 Alaska coffee brewers..."Bore Tide Blend".  😋 It was 56 degrees out at 6:30 am to watch the sunrise, hence his use of his favorite worn out Cocoa Beach sweatshirt....with hoodie!  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Coralc said:

Bucky is not a "morning" person, is he? :classic_biggrin: I can sympathize. Sunsets look just as nice as sunrises to me. :classic_smile: Really pretty photos from a location we are all missing. 

You got that right.  He is most definitely not a morning person and takes him twice as long to get ready to go anywhere than myself...pretty much the same no matter what time of the day for that matter.  😉 

He did love it once he got out there though.  Just takes a little cattle prod to get him going.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

The iguanas are cold blooded. If it gets to cold they will die. Also, if it gets to a certain temperature they will fall out of the trees. When it warms up they start moving again. A mini hibernation. In some countries they eat them. I hear they’re tasty when grilled. 

My sister gave Bucky an Iquana cookbook...as a joke.  😜 But you are right...many countries, esp. in the islands DO eat them.  Yuck!  They are notorious for having Salmonella. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Israel established official diplomatic relations with Dubai (non official were ongoing for years).

Israelis are big fans of traveling abroad, and Dubai is a fascinating new destination.

Over the years, I kept reading about the 7* Burg al Arab hotel, and, when the kids asked what I would like for my 70 b'day (on top of an unused gift for DH, courtesy of Covid, which was 70 in 2020), I said that I would like a night at this hotel (I knew it starts at 1500$ room only....).

Now, with the surge of Covid, our airport is closed, except for humanitarian cases.

While we were in Abu Dhabi in 2013 we stopped at the Emirates Palace Hotel to look around.  They had a credit card vending machine that sold gold bars!  We stopped by the “snack bar” and had 2 iced teas and a coffee.  The bill before tip was over $40.  Walking through was definitely all I could afford.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

I'm the oldest and I made life very difficult for my 3 sisters as they couldn't get away with anything because my parents were always suspicious, lecturing and questioning them because of all the trouble I got into. 🤣

Dave...you would be a trouble maker even if you were an only child as well.  😉 😈

Same goes for Bucky...though he did have one little sister to torment.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm interested in Dubai myself. I play a online game for years and have a gamer friend who lives there. Seems like the tallest high rises are there, it looks amazing. I've seen it on hgtv too, ouch, not a cheap place to live, need a big paying job. But I'd still love to see it, maybe all I could afford is a cruise ship stop. 5k rent a month for nothing. Forget buying a place.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Dave...you would be a trouble maker even if you were an only child as well.  😉 😈

Guilty as charged. Hmm where have I heard that before. 😲 Now that I'm a lot older my plans are to live for a long time just to torment everyone, especially those younger than me.😈

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Guilty as charged. Hmm where have I heard that before. 😲 Now that I'm a lot older my plans are to live for a long time just to torment everyone, especially those younger than me.😈

That should be the plan of every one of us old cranky types.  😄 😄 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

The iguanas are cold blooded. If it gets to cold they will die. Also, if it gets to a certain temperature they will fall out of the trees. When it warms up they start moving again. A mini hibernation. In some countries they eat them. I hear they’re tasty when grilled. 

:classic_biggrin:We were training with USDA doing international luggage inspection at SFO one year. A gentleman from Argentina came through the line with his suitcase. When we opened it, he had a cooked iguana in his case...with his clothes. :classic_biggrin: Cooked iguanas are allowed legal entry. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Beautiful pictures with a beautiful lady 🥰

Thanks Dani.

It is 40 years in August since we got married and 42 years together.

The years have gone so quickly and we are still with each other 24/7.

Graham

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just woke up from my second shot achy nap.  At least I feel better but my arm is sore.  Why is the second shot worse😷?

Feel better.  Stay hydrated, not just martinis! 

I got my first on Tuesday and wasn't able to lift my arm for almost two days and have had chills alternating with sweats up until today.  Not looking forward to shot number two. 🙁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just woke up from my second shot achy nap.  At least I feel better but my arm is sore.  Why is the second shot worse😷?

It was the same for me. I felt sick and ran a fever and couldnt eat the next day after shot 1 and 2.

Anything to feel safer again.  A day or two of feeling sick worth it to me.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Feel better.  Stay hydrated, not just martinis! 

I got my first on Tuesday and wasn't able to lift my arm for almost two days and have had chills alternating with sweats up until today.  Not looking forward to shot number two. 🙁

Yep that's how I felt, chills in bed after first shot, but I said well I'm just turning up the heat. 

Just like you describe. Plus my stomach was too queasy to eat.

• Like 2