Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was at my Nephrologists office a few days ago and his office person asked if I had the vaccine.When I replied that I had she asked to see the card and said that people should keep a copy with them at all times.

You have a very good point.  But as of right now, not that many have received the full vaccine.  At this time, what would it matter if you got the vaccine or not to be a patient there?  They are still going to see you one way or another...unless I am missing something here?   

Not really sure why the office person needed to have proof that you did receive it?  Would he/she not believe you?  

Now when it comes to venues that will require the proof as a requirement to access their business (as in most likely boarding a ship in the future)....then I can indeed see why they would want proof.  Though sadly, the little cards are way too easy to duplicate by nefarious people .....unfortunately.  😞 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Good point.  But those are the rare ones that have received the full vaccine.  At this time, what would it matter if you got the vaccine or not ....up until then?  They are still going to see you one way or another...unless I am missing something here?   Not really sure why the office person needed to have

proof that you did receive it?   Would he/she not believe you?  

Now when it comes to venues that will require the proof as a requirement to access their business (as in most likely boarding a ship in the future)....then I can indeed see why they would want proof.  Though sadly, the little cards are way too easy to duplicate by nefarious people .....unfortunately.  😞 

And i don't imagine there is any way to validate the card either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

You have a very good point.  But as of right now, not that many have received the full vaccine.  At this time, what would it matter if you got the vaccine or not to be a patient there?  They are still going to see you one way or another...unless I am missing something here?   Not really sure why the office person needed to have

proof that you did receive it?   Would he/she not believe you?  

I assume it is something that the doctors at this practice require.I have been asked by staff of other doctors offices recently but when I replied that  

I had the vaccine they just entered it into my chart.

• Like 1

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

I assume it is something that the doctors at this practice require.I have been asked by staff of other doctors offices recently but when I replied that  

I had the vaccine they just entered it into my chart.

It sounds like that office personal stepped over the line asking you to provide proof of the vaccine, I would not have been a calm person if they questioned my truth when I told them something.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

It sounds like that office personal stepped over the line asking you to provide proof of the vaccine, I would not have been a calm person if they questioned my truth when I told them something.  

In my younger years I would likely have agreed with you,but now at an advanced age I try and not let things bother me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In my younger years I would likely have agreed with you,but now at an advanced age I try and not let things bother me.

🙂  Probably a good and wise option.  😉    Me...I am still at that "don't mess with me" stage.  😄 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Me too.  Need to come up with new topics.   Hmmm...back to food?  Always a good subject, and something we all enjoy!  😉

Made a delicious homemade turkey noodle soup for lunch today.  Scrounged around in my fridge and found some lonely leftover carrots, celery, onion, and left over turkey from last night's dinner.  Decided they were not happy doing the social distance thing in that cold dark fridge...so they all happily got together in a hot tub party late this morning.  😄 

Or we could go back to discussing the attributes of opossums.🙂😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Dave ,you are supposed to keep a copy of the cards with you at all times because if you go to a doctor or a dentist you will be asked to show that you have taken the vaccine.

I have been to the dentist several times since being vaccinated and have never been asked about it.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Or we could go back to discussing the attributes of opossums.🙂😇

Is it Opossums or just Possums? I wrote opossums earlier in the thread but it didn't look right. So I did what any one else would do and consult with The Google.

Turns out, they are 2 different animals. Opossums are native to North America while Possums are native to Australia. While both are marsupial, the Australia Opossum is more closely related to the Kangaroo while it's North American cousin is not.

To further confound things, it's okay to drop the leading O when speaking" about the North American Opossum and say "Possum".

Dave, Lenny - feel free to use this useless bit of trivia in the Please Delete The Thread game. Or is it the This or That game?

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm really pleased for you both Lenny.

My late mam died 2 months before and my late dad died 2 months after their 62nd wedding anniversary.

It would have been 71 years for them  on January 7th 2021.

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

January 7th, my birthday 🎂

I'm a bit "partial" to number 7.... Me thinks is a lucky number 😉

1st of all -- Marrietta's b'day...

My b'day is March 17, DH - January 17, we met June 17, and were married.... January 17 💐

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My b'day is March 17, DH - January 17, we met June 17, and were married.... January 17 💐

My 65th birthday on.

October 27th.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

7 is definitely an amazing number for you Dani.

• Thanks 1