Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm a bit "partial" to number 7.... Me thinks is a lucky number 😉

1st of all -- Marrietta's b'day...

My b'day is March 17, DH - January 17, we met June 17, and were married.... January 17 💐

My wife is Sept.7,one of my daughters Dec.7 

• Like 3

Went to my MIL for dinner as she is in our group of 5. Chicken dinner with the spirit of the Caribbean, thanks to Mr Tablecloth. 

4E679871-9B1D-479C-94E9-125C2C42FF3C.thumb.jpeg.4b47956382be66e2e5f3e7fb4212b484.jpeg

And how does she cook those carrots, with a little syrup. 

F0186D85-40FB-479A-AD01-5DF9D499E804.thumb.jpeg.4336c93c82c0d47400e9c08c9bef839a.jpeg

Dessert, apple cobbler with ice cream.  No raisins.

49CBF8A2-FBBD-4645-9C56-8C0E281ECB07.thumb.jpeg.3cb466e1a9418e60f9d78b5382ad2268.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Went to my MIL for dinner as she is in our group of 5. Chicken dinner with the spirit of the Caribbean, thanks to Mr Tablecloth. 

4E679871-9B1D-479C-94E9-125C2C42FF3C.thumb.jpeg.4b47956382be66e2e5f3e7fb4212b484.jpeg

And how does she cook those carrots, with a little syrup. 

F0186D85-40FB-479A-AD01-5DF9D499E804.thumb.jpeg.4336c93c82c0d47400e9c08c9bef839a.jpeg

Dessert, apple cobbler with ice cream.  No raisins.

49CBF8A2-FBBD-4645-9C56-8C0E281ECB07.thumb.jpeg.3cb466e1a9418e60f9d78b5382ad2268.jpeg

Now I am seriously jealous!  I haven't had a good cobbler in way to long.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A beautiful sunset after a warm day. Most of the ice has melted in our laneway too. Unfortunately the gravel road is like driving g on a sponge of mud. 

E2B7B07A-6DB7-4043-8CA2-EBF1028E0097.thumb.jpeg.7562b6f3821a2602caf96ae2cae72ef3.jpeg

The sunset glow hit the moon perfectly.  So wish I had more than my phone. 

200D0810-3396-475D-AC54-E96590D69D24.thumb.jpeg.4a9aa3969a0cc24329049cd8d60e2371.jpeg

10EE59CF-544D-4842-ACDE-82C626493131.thumb.jpeg.4f992ceab15bcdcfe8c14a8cb36fb881.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Now I am seriously jealous!  I haven't had a good cobbler in way to long.

Not sure if it is a food or dessert coma. I am now safely positioned in my chair watching the Leafs leading the Oilers at the end of the second. The world is in a good place. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder what happened to their mother. Squirrel mom's are amazing mothers. She wouldn't just abandon them. Every time I see one on the road I wonder if she has babies waiting for her.

The road or predators.  We get a lot of different babies during the year.  Then we get adults who were in the wrong place at the wrong time and need rehab.  After hurricane Sally we had so many animals who needed help we had a full facility.  Then there are the pelicans who have unfortunate run-ins with fishing hooks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, singinalot said:

@A&L_Ont give me all that maple syrup 😍

Thems fightin words... take you out like a rabid raccoon at OB’s house. 😆

Our neighbour’s just tapped their walnut trees. They moved out a few years ago from the city. Other neighbours tapped their maples, they have been out here for generations.  I like all, especially when dropped off at my door.  

Your meat platter remind me of Jamie’s. Your dinner looked amazing. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

LOL I would have poured it all over that cobbler too

honestly, dinner was SO good. I was surprised with myself.

Time for wine and hot tub.

Exactly what I'm presently doing while watching a James Taylor / Carol King concert in PBS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm not a big fan of squirrels. I was bitten by a squirrel.  However, my cat loves them 🙂 

I'm not sure how it would go if ever got his wish and caught one...

Marcel and Miss Priss love them too.😍

Squirrel.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, singinalot said:

house didn’t sell but I’m actually ok with that. I’d rather actually list it and get into a bidding war 🙂

meanwhile, we’re enjoying dinner

IMG_2607.MOV

IMG_2609.MOV

That board looks really good! We will probably do that one of these nights...just for something DIFFERENT. :classic_rolleyes: I am so tired of cooking every night without a cruise or vacation break. At least DH has taken over tonight, we are having pork chops. Not my favorite, but at least I don't have to cook them. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Dave ,you are supposed to keep a copy of the cards with you at all times because if you go to a doctor or a dentist you will be asked to show that you have taken the vaccine.

Lenny, thanks for the heads-up. I would have thought the place where we got our shots would have told us that. Since all my dentist and doctors appointments are made in advance  I'll ask when we make our appointments if they require the CV-19 card. Never hurts to ask. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Ours actually have 2 litters a year.  Now and then in the Fall.  Last year we raised 372 babies at the refuge.

So do ours. They are non-native Eastern red Fox Squirrels. (Which is probably what you have) The native gray squirrels only have one litter a year, but are mostly found at higher elevations. Like iguanas, the red squirrels may be taken at any time, and by any means. But I feed and enjoy them, and thankfully, the neighbors do to! :classic_biggrin:

That is a lot of babies to take care of! :classic_smile:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Lenny, thanks for the heads-up. I would have thought the place where we got our shots would have told us that. Since all my dentist and doctors appointments are made in advance  I'll ask when we make our appointments if they require the CV-19 card. Never hurts to ask. 

Good thinking ,Dave 😀

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sgmn said:

I've noticed that beauty spot car parks are packed at weekends.  Nothing else to do in lockdown but go for a walk.  Luckily there are lovely woods within walking distance. The weather today is gourgous, warm enough to sit in the garden 😊. Hubby is busy putting my new greenhouse together.  Envy you living near the sea, it's my happy place. Not long now before lockdown lifts and we can go back down to the Dorset coast for our walks. 

What type of plants do you keep in your greenhouse? Edibles or do you ever keep orchids? I love orchids.

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I assume it is something that the doctors at this practice require.I have been asked by staff of other doctors offices recently but when I replied that  

I had the vaccine they just entered it into my chart.

Lenny could it be that they wanted to know if you had the shots yet and if not then make sure you had an appointment for them? Given your age and health issues maybe they wanted to make sure you had already gotten them or had an appointment to get them.

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Finally caught up on this thread after a three week hiatus.  I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger.  Glad everyone is well.  Thanks for the pics and the great stories...

Glad to see you back. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

What type of plants do you keep in your greenhouse? Edibles or do you ever keep orchids? I love orchids.

Lenny could it be that they wanted to know if you had the shots yet and if not then make sure you had an appointment for them? Given your age and health issues maybe they wanted to make sure you had already gotten them or had an appointment to get them.

Glad to see you back. 

Possibly,I did not think of that.However,the office person told me and my wife that we should be sure to have the cards with us at my next visit.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Carole King née Klein and I grew up in the same area in NYC .I endeavor to watch her PBS broadcasts whenever they are on .Enjoy.

Hi Lenny, Brooklyn no doubt. Love, love Carol and James. I can listen to them for hours. I might still have my Tapestry album somewhere.

As far as the food pics, YUM.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Coralc said:

So do ours. They are non-native Eastern red Fox Squirrels. (Which is probably what you have) The native gray squirrels only have one litter a year, but are mostly found at higher elevations. Like iguanas, the red squirrels may be taken at any time, and by any means. But I feed and enjoy them, and thankfully, the neighbors do to! :classic_biggrin:

That is a lot of babies to take care of! :classic_smile:

Ours are Eastern Gray Squirrels. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Possibly,I did not think of that.However,the office person told me and my wife that we should be sure to have the cards with us at my next visit.

Maybe they wanted to document the information about the vaccines you received.  My card has not only the brand but lot number on it.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Ours are Eastern Gray Squirrels. 

I will leave the squirrel subject then. But maybe because it is warmer? The red fox squirrels have pushed out the grays because of their higher birth rate, which is just the opposite of what has happened in the UK. :classic_smile:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, island lady said:

Me too.  Need to come up with new topics.   Hmmm...back to food?  Always a good subject, and something we all enjoy!  😉

Made a delicious homemade turkey noodle soup for lunch today.  Scrounged around in my fridge and found some lonely leftover carrots, celery, onion, and left over turkey from last night's dinner.  Decided they were not happy doing the social distance thing in that cold dark fridge...so they all happily got together in a hot tub party late this morning.  😄 

Well I have been binge-watching Masterchef when escaping from writing my thesis.  It has inspired my cooking somewhat and I have been adding a bit more ‘love’ in my dishes. 

Tonight I will be making spiced lentils.  Should have been last night until I measured them out, read the packet and found that they needed soaking for 12 hours before cooking.  I will be a bit more careful when measuring out the turmeric.  On Friday I put turmeric in a marinade and my pale pink shellaced nails developed a yellow tinge reminiscent of nicotine.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1